Windows 10: BSOD and missing boot drive - Dell Inspiron, Win10, and new Samsung Evo SSD

Discus and support BSOD and missing boot drive - Dell Inspiron, Win10, and new Samsung Evo SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Seeking Wisdom from Answers: I replaced the 1TB HDD in a Dell Inspiron 17R-5737 laptop with a Samsung Evo 860 SSD and, while it ran much, much faster,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HelpforthePC, Oct 22, 2019.

1. BSOD and missing boot drive - Dell Inspiron, Win10, and new Samsung Evo SSD

Seeking Wisdom from Answers:

I replaced the 1TB HDD in a Dell Inspiron 17R-5737 laptop with a Samsung Evo 860 SSD and, while it ran much, much faster, it began crashing, BSOD crashing... and then, this:

It says, "No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine_"

BSOD and missing boot drive - Dell Inspiron, Win10, and new Samsung Evo SSD 83bdd2ef-2da2-49c0-ba7b-b43ea393f767?upload=true.jpg

And then, mysteriously, after powering down, I could reboot it.

So I found details from these two items in the Reliability Monitor. Does this point to specific hardware?

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 1a1
    Parameter 1: ffffd4848b495080
    Parameter 2: 0
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_18362
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

Description
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    Code: 1a
    Parameter 1: 3f
    Parameter 2: 2bc19
    Parameter 3: 2bc19
    Parameter 4: c67eb553
    OS version: 10_0_18362
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

Help, please.

:)

HelpforthePC, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Samsung 960 Evo SSD not recognized W10

• I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 and along with it a Samsung 500gb 960 Evo SSD. I followed instructions carefully, plugged the SSD into my laptops hardware. I did the hardware changes before turning on the laptop for the first time. Everything went smooth
      and everything is set up. The problem is Windows 10 cant recognize the SSD. It doesnt show up in Disk Management or Samsung Data Migration. Ive read the forums about 100 times and no one seems to have the exact same problem as me. Ive updated Windows 10, all
      my drivers and troubleshot Windows updates. The computer cant find the SSD and I need some help.

Daniel Steinthor M. Norddahl, Oct 22, 2019
  4. BSOD and missing boot drive - Dell Inspiron, Win10, and new Samsung Evo SSD

Cloning problems with Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Unable to clone a Samsung SSD 850 EVO on a newly upgraded Win10 machine. Samsung's cloning app does not see the drive, though Samsung's Magician software does (albeit grayed out).

Formatted and mounted the drive in MS Disk Management; drive appears as E.

(Already successfully cloned and installed an 850 on a different machine using Win8.1; then successfully upgraded to Win10, so I know what success looks like.)

TIA,

Sam

Sal A. Manger, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

BSOD and missing boot drive - Dell Inspiron, Win10, and new Samsung Evo SSD

1. BSOD and missing boot drive - Dell Inspiron, Win10, and new Samsung Evo SSD - Similar Threads - BSOD missing boot

2. Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Samsung EVO 870 SSD: Hi!I just installed a Samsung EVO 870 SSD. It does appear in my device management but it doesn't in file explorer and storage management. So i cannot use it. If anyone has a solution i would very much appreciate it :....
  3. Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS: I would like to clone my boot drive(Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250) to a new Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe M.2 1TB Hard drive. The SSD 850 is in Legacy in the BIOS under Storage boot option control. I want the new M.2 drive to be the new Boot drive. My understanding is that I must...
  4. Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo): Hi there , I am trying to installing a new SSD (2.5 inch , 7mm height) that I brought for my old Laptop . The Laptop has a HDD whose height is 9.5 mm but my SSD is 7mm ….. * My laptop Specs are :: Processor - Intel core i5 2410M 2.30Ghz 2 core 4 thread RAM - 12gb...
  5. Samsung Evo 860 SSD booting intermitently

Samsung Evo 860 SSD booting intermitently: Hello all, I have found a couple of threads here and saw others having the same issue, but didn't see how they resolved the problem. My new SSD boots 50% of the time, when it doesn't I press the reset button to get it to boot up. Runs great once booted. Initially I cloned...
  6. Samsung Evo 970 BSoD

Samsung Evo 970 BSoD: I have recently purchased a Samsung Evo 970. I decided to put a fresh install of windows 10 onto it, everything worked fine. I then proceeded to the windows update centre to install the newest updates. When it got around to downloading the Windows April 2018 update that is...
  7. Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance

Samsung SSD 850 Evo Performance: I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 Evo which i cannected to my MS Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10 Pro using a Type C usb Sabrent Cablrle. After formatting the drive i tried to invoke Rapid Mode but failed. The Magician software does not allow me to do so. I have downgraded...
  8. System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Following a successful install of Creator's Update I transferred all files-including OS-to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD (500gb) using Samsung Magician software supplied with the SSD. File transfer went was perfect. Old HDD was removed and replaced with Samsung SSD. Reboot was...
  9. Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems

Samsung SSD 850 EVO problems: Hi, I run the Samsung Magician, and in its System Information, stated AHCI Mode is Deactivated and SATA Interface is unable to be detected. How to resolve this, please help? Thank you guys! [img] 74257
  10. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inspiron 22 3265 unable to boot from samsung ssd