Windows 10: BSOD and noises coming out of laptop.

Discus and support BSOD and noises coming out of laptop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Ok, recently I've been getting BSOD when playing games, it happened anywhere between 2 and 20 minutes of playing. Sometimes everything would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thes8N, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Thes8N Win User

BSOD and noises coming out of laptop.

Hello.

Ok, recently I've been getting BSOD when playing games, it happened anywhere between 2 and 20 minutes of playing.

Sometimes everything would just freeze with no BSOD, leaving me with only one choice - powering down the laptop.

Funny thing, I got a BSOD while writing this and a freeze after that. So I already restarted my laptop twice while writing this.

I shall explain the noise part.

So, before the freeze or the BSOD, I hear weird noises coming out of my laptop. It's like a click and something mechanic that is not oiled. (creaking noise)

What I've done so far..

1. I did run memtest on default settings with only 4 passes and it returned without errors.

2. I installed a clean copy of windows

It's not overheat, the temps are fine.

I'm almost 100% positive it's some hardware failing.

The BSOD error is - Unexpected store exception (or something along the line)

I'm adding minidump in a second. Just need to post this before the bsod.

:)

Thes8N, Sep 14, 2018

2. Static Like Noise Coming from Laptop

Hello all. I have a work laptop that came from my previous boss. It's a Dell XPS P56f. The specs are below:

• Windows 10 Pro
    • Intel Core i7 6700HQ
    • 16GB Ram
    • 2GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M
    • 1TB SSD
    Just a bit ago (and now as I type this) I can hear an almost static like noise coming from the inside of it. This is a different noise than a high speed fan noise. Earlier when I turned the backlight down, the noise stopped. However, when I just now tried that, it didn't work. (and now as I type this, it just stopped again)

Does this sound like it could be the video card fan doing something funky? Hooked up to the laptop I have a Dell Dock and hooked to that I have 3 widescreen external displays, ethernet cable and a flash drive. I'm not doing anything graphic intensive by any means. I have email open, a couple connections to terminal servers and a few tabs in Chrome.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

satindemon4u, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Weird Spooky Noises Coming From Laptop

My HP laptop With a Pentium Processor has started to make really weird spooky noises.

The noise starts during the boot and wont stop until I force shut down my laptop using the power key.

The laptop has Windows 10, and I have recently updated the same to a latest version until which the laptop seemed to be working fine.

After around an hour of the update there has been noises. These noises would stop if I mute the sounds of the computer.

Could it be some virus?

Also, the noises are very well designed. Whenever i move my laptop there is scratching noise as if the hardware is about it fail. Rest of the time its weird spooky noises. Further, my voice is being echoed as well in the computer. If I say something i hear
    the same in an echo like tone from the computer but i never turned my microphone on. I believe its a virus because no noises come after I mute.

What could be a possible solution?

Please help.

YashasviJain, Sep 14, 2018
  4. BSOD and noises coming out of laptop.

Buzzing noise coming from Mic

Didn't know where to post and what topic to pick so I'm going to try here...

as the title suggests I have been hearing intermittent buzzing noises coming from my Microphone as well as people that I'm communicating with...they tell me the noise is unbearable. I can hear it faintly but the people on the other end that I'm talking
    with in skype or what ever voip I'm using are saying it gets extremely loud. Note that it's not a static sound it is a buzzing sound as if someone is getting electrocuted

I have tried many things to fix or correct the problems doing the following

-trying a different mic

-switching from usb to pins and vice versa

-trying different usb slots both front and back of case

-reformatting computer

-checking to see if motherboard is properly secure and grounded to tower

-grounding the case using a copper wire

-trying different outlets

-adjusting sound settings

I would like to note that I also used my microphone on my laptop and the noise was happening ONLY in my room where the desktop computer is located....I was not hearing the noise coming from my laptop in other rooms. This suggests that there might be something
    wrong with my room that's discharging some sort of EM field. If this is the case do I need an electrician to check my room?

Any advice or help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Scorpio.Rob, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

BSOD and noises coming out of laptop.

1. BSOD and noises coming out of laptop. - Similar Threads - BSOD noises coming

2. Laptop won't come out of black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't come out of black screen: Since yesterday my Hp Elitebook 850G3 has had problems Booting up / Logging in and I've gotten a lot of blue screens and today it's been black the whole time with fans going crazy. I can't access the PC, WinRe or login at all. The Blue Screen Codes were the following:...
  3. Laptop won't come out of black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't come out of black screen: Since yesterday my Hp Elitebook 850G3 has had problems Booting up / Logging in and I've gotten a lot of blue screens and today it's been black the whole time with fans going crazy. I can't access the PC, WinRe or login at all. The Blue Screen Codes were the following:...
  4. Laptop won't come out of black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode: Hi all came home from work , opened laptop hit space bar and was faced with the dreaded stop screen happened so fast did not even get a chance to see it. not sure maybe this could be due to a firmware update on my crucial ssd there trying to fix the overtemp error crap with...
  6. Laptop wireless not connecting coming out of Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop wireless not connecting coming out of Sleep: Windows 10; ver 1903 When coming out of sleep Laptop not connecting to WiFi. Looking at Device Manager wireless adapter Properties, and, Power Options...there are no Wireless Power Management options that can be turned off or changed. I have checked for a newer river, it...
  7. buzzing noise coming from headset

buzzing noise coming from headset: got a new headset today and my friends said there is a buzzing noise coming from my mic so i went and turned on 'listen to this device' and i csn hear it. very annoying buzzing sound, any solutions, it did it with my last mic as well...
  8. Weird noise coming from laptop

Weird noise coming from laptop: Hi from past couple of months weird noise is coming from my laptop. I have contacted support multiple times still issue is not resolved. I contacted equipment manufacturer as well however they said it's software issue. I am attaching sample of the sound. Check the file at...
  9. My laptop wont come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop wont come out of hibernation: I am running windows 10 pro 1809 on a lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon gen 6. A recent occurrence, I have noticed that the system fails to resume from hibernate state. I have tried a hibernate disable-enable cycle and it doesnt help. When I try to resume from hibernate, the laptop...
  10. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode: Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017). I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on. The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running. In...