Windows 10: BSOD and nothing I have tried works.

Discus and support BSOD and nothing I have tried works. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Around 2 weeks ago I was playing games with my friends on my homebuilt gaming PC, and I closed a game we were playing because we were moving on to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AcroStrike, Apr 11, 2022.

1. BSOD and nothing I have tried works.

Around 2 weeks ago I was playing games with my friends on my homebuilt gaming PC, and I closed a game we were playing because we were moving on to the next one. A minute or two after I closed the game, my system blue screened, giving me the error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I restarted my PC and discovered that whenever I signed into my account after turning on my computer, it would blue screen after around 10 seconds. For a couple of days, I tried everything I could find on the internet. I tried checking my drivers in safe mode, rolling my drivers and windows updates back, checking what driver was causing the problem, etc. I was not able to access any browsers in safe mode to download the newest drivers for my computer due to not having access to an ethernet connection.

After a while, I don't really understand why, but I signed into windows and the blue screen didn't come up. I had a suspicion that it could be related to a game I was downloading a couple of mintues before the blue screen. (The game was shredders and it was through Xbox pc game pass). I opened the Xbox pc game pass app and I saw that halo was downloading with no problems, so to test my theory out, I stopped downloading halo and began downloading shredders. As soon as shredders started downloading, my pc blue screened again.

After that blue screen, everything got a lot worse. Instead of getting the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED blue screen, I got one that said CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED as well as a start-up repair blue screen that said something with Srttrail.txt. I am now left in this endless loop of blue screens, as I can't enter windows or safe mode. The only thing I can access is WinRE.

For the last week, I have tried everything I can find or think of. I have tried restoring my pc to an earlier state but had no backups that were before the blue screen, except for one, but when I tried it, it did not work. I tried completely resetting my pc to no avail (I have gotten 2 or 3 different messages telling me it didn't work). I have tried reformating my SSD (which is what windows is installed on) and my hard drive. I have tried everything in the command prompt that the internet tells me to do. I tried unplugging my hard drive (which is what shredders was trying to install to), I tried taking out and then putting back my ram sticks, I tried the same with my gpu and SSD (I checked the SSD for any damage with a friend, and while there was no visible burn marks or anything, it appeared that the thermal pad on the bottom of the heat shield was like excreting this thin layer of grease/oil (colorless) that had gotten on the SDD. One thing I have not tried yet is checking my gpu, but I'm waiting to see if this is a software error before I go ahead and do that because I need to buy some thermal paste and it would be quite a hassle. I have tried using an external hard drive that has a copy of windows on it to clean install windows to my pc from the bios by setting it as the 1# drive to start from and restarting my pc, which is the same thing I did when I first installed windows. This also did not work.

The hard drive I used was the same hard drive I used to install windows when I first built my computer. I am going to try to get my hands on a USB flash drive that I can use instead of the external hard drive as I remember that using a hard drive caused a few issues and was overall trickier to use to install windows. However, I also want to know if there is something I missed before I do this as it would take a while to get my windows 10 key back. I'm fairly convinced that all of this is a software problem, however, one thing that I noted was that my hard drive has been making weird noises since I got it, 4-5 months ago. It's kind of a whirring sound with pretty loud scarping and creaking that, I think, is probably the disk. It's not a loose screw as when I first noticed the sound, which was the first or second time I used my pc after I installed the hard drive, I went back and made sure all the screws were tight.

I know I said that "I have tried everything the internet has to offer", but please comment and reply with any suggestions or ideas, even if they are obvious or well known as I may have overlooked stuff. Thank you so much to anyone who tries to help.

submitted by /u/AcroStrike
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AcroStrike, Apr 11, 2022
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 11, 2022
  4. zOaib Win User

BSOD and nothing I have tried works.

How to fix your 8800 BSOD

have u tried the above steps ? it worked for me.

zOaib, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

BSOD and nothing I have tried works.

1. BSOD and nothing I have tried works. - Similar Threads - BSOD nothing tried

2. Constant BSODs, Nothing I've tried Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs, Nothing I've tried Works: Hello My computer has been suffering a constant slew of BSODs over the past 8 months and every method I've tried seems unable to resolve the issue.Here is some of the minidump files of recent...
  3. Constant BSODs, Nothing I've tried Works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs, Nothing I've tried Works: Hello My computer has been suffering a constant slew of BSODs over the past 8 months and every method I've tried seems unable to resolve the issue.Here is some of the minidump files of recent...
  4. BSOD - Tried multiple solutions nothing has worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Tried multiple solutions nothing has worked: Hello, I have been getting a BSOD on my PC. The PC is only roughly a month old so it's not an old computer or anything. The crashes use to happen exclusively when gaming, however they have started to happen while just browsing the internet. I have tried reinstalling windows a...
  5. Black screen with cursor I have tried reset nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor I have tried reset nothing works: I keep getting a black screen with cursor when I login to my computer I have tried force reset multiple time and I still does not work please help...
  6. no sound, nothing I try works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound, nothing I try works: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/fix-sound-or-audio-problems-in-windows-73025246-b61c-40fb-671a-2535c7cd56c8I followed every one of these and none of them helped, I've restarted my computer a bunch of times, and I've made sure nothing is mute but nothing makes any...
  7. no sound, nothing I try works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no sound, nothing I try works: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/fix-sound-or-audio-problems-in-windows-73025246-b61c-40fb-671a-2535c7cd56c8I followed every one of these and none of them helped, I've restarted my computer a bunch of times, and I've made sure nothing is mute but nothing makes any...
  8. no sound, nothing I try works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. BSOD -- Nothing i mean nothing has worked.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD -- Nothing i mean nothing has worked.: I have a Lenovo T530 Thinkpad here stuck in the BSOD loop. I'm assuming this is because of an update but I'm not entirely sure since it was working fine right after. Here's everything I've tried: Chkdsk Checking for suspicious drivers Resetting always fails Sfc scan won't...
  10. BSOD nothing is working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD nothing is working: A few days ago I went to use my computer and it had a blue screen with a stop code error. My computer restarted, and I logged in and within two minutes I got the blue screen again. This kept happening so i tried doing Microsoft troubleshooting tips for bsod problems....