Windows 10: BSOD and PC freezing every few minutes on high spec pc

Discus and support BSOD and PC freezing every few minutes on high spec pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a gaming pc from Pierce computers UK. It has never been used for gaming but purchased due to spec as frequently edit medical videos.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mjbarnard, Oct 23, 2018.

1. mjbarnard Win User

BSOD and PC freezing every few minutes on high spec pc

This is a gaming pc from Pierce computers UK. It has never been used for gaming but purchased due to spec as frequently edit medical videos.

Specification is
    Intel Core i7-7700K Quad Core Processor
    ASUS GTX1070 TURBO 8GB DDR5
    Gigabyte Z270X-Ultra Gaming Black RGB LED Intel Kaby Lake Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4, 3000MHz 32GB
    Corsair Air Series fans x 4
    Samsung SM961 Polaris 256GB M.2
    Samsung 850 Pro
    Western Digital WD Blue 1TB x 2 (RAID 0 Array )
    Corsair RM750x RMx Series 750 Watt Fully Modular Power Supply Unit
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

It cost UKP2800 in 2017. It has worked flawlessly and suddenly over the last two months either BSOD not related to any specific activity, or freezes and cannot click on anything although mouse moves. Have to hard reboot. This appears random. Sometimes the pc works all day, other times it literally freezes or blue screens within two minutes of rebooting.

I believe I have added the zip file as an attachment.

:)

mjbarnard, Oct 23, 2018

2. PC freezing and BSOD

Hello!

Recently my PC started to freeze a few minutes after startup for seemingly no reason and I have to manually restart it, and sometimes it freezes again (my top is 3 times in a row). Sometimes I also get BSOD with errors like: irql not less or equal, kmode
    exception not handled, unexpected kernel mode trap, page fault in not paged area (so far). The main problem with this issue is that it's not consistent (it doesn't always freeze), not recreatable and because of the different BSOD errors I can't really get
    a hold of the causes of the problem. Anyone has an idea what can be the source of the problem and how can I fix it?

ÁdámSzemán, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Oct 23, 2018
  4. BSOD and PC freezing every few minutes on high spec pc

PC freezes (No BSOD) after ~ 30 minutes into a game (Witcher 3)

Good afternoon,

I am having an issue where my PC freezes about 30 minutes into playing games. Please see my system specs below:

Windows 10

Intel i7 4770k (NO OC)

MSI Z87-G45 Gaming motherboard

Powercolor R9 290x (NO OC)

16GB RAM (4 sticks X 4 GB)

600W PSU (Corsair)

The shutdown did NOT create a minidump or full dump. I have Kernal Dumps enabled. The temperature of the CPU at shutdown was ~ 55C and the GPU was at a sustained 80C.

Please let me know if you have a suggestion to solve this issue. I don't know where to go from here if my PC does not generate minidumps/memory dumps.

Thank you in advance,

-

Adantingtask, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

BSOD and PC freezing every few minutes on high spec pc

1. BSOD and PC freezing every few minutes on high spec pc - Similar Threads - BSOD freezing every

2. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC freeze after few minutes of usage: Hello.i want to find a solution about my crashing PC, i wonder if someone can help me.so at first i use my computer normally, but then it starts freezing, i can't click anything, can't do Ctrl + Alt + Del, after a while it shows the blue screen of death with various code,...
  3. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  4. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  5. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  7. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  8. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Critical_Process_Died restarting pc every few minutes. I’ll comment specs. Tried installing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical_Process_Died restarting pc every few minutes. I’ll comment specs. Tried installing...: submitted by /u/k24dj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4h44a/critical_process_died_restarting_pc_every_few/
  10. Brand new high-end PC freezes for a few seconds every few hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand new high-end PC freezes for a few seconds every few hours: Hello, I recently bought a new high-end PC. It works good and can easily run heavy programs. It barely has anything installed on it, the drivers are up to date (unless I missed something...) and there are no viruses/malware, yet every few hours (and doesn't matter whether a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high spec computer but games randomly freeze