Windows 10: BSOD and programm close without saying anything

Discus and support BSOD and programm close without saying anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've got recently some BSOD and programs closing without saying anything I've run the memory check of windows, it was saying there is not problem Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenjaminEscobar1, Nov 11, 2020.

1. BSOD and programm close without saying anything

BenjaminEscobar1, Nov 11, 2020

2. BSOD after closing lid (that is to say, after sleep mode)

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about facing BSOD errors on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error code/ error message while BSOD occurs?
    • When exactly you see BSOD screen on your device?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers or power plan settings.

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run power troubleshooter and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar and click on it in results.
    • Click View all and then click Power.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2: Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan and customize the same according to your needs.

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Also, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps provided in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 11, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD and programm close without saying anything :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD and programm close without saying anything [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

4. BSOD and programm close without saying anything

In certain programmes, the lines, colour's and words are blurred, this seems to only apply to programmes that involve text.

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • When you say programmes, which programs are you exactly referring to?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to run the
    System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on System Maintenance.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to try updating the video card driver and other drivers. Check for the issue then. Refer the below article on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do get back to us, so we can assist you further.

Ashwin V S, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

BSOD and programm close without saying anything

1. BSOD and programm close without saying anything - Similar Threads - BSOD programm close

2. High Memory Usage without open programms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage without open programms: Hi, my memory usage is always over 30% even when no other programm is running. Can somebody explain me why and if I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage-without-open-programms/2a4f277c-1772-4f4f-9b5a-9609df9d8dde
  3. High Memory Usage without open programms

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Memory Usage without open programms: Hi, my memory usage is always over 30% even when no other programm is running. Can somebody explain me why and if I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage-without-open-programms/2a4f277c-1772-4f4f-9b5a-9609df9d8dde
  4. Airpods only says connected without saying anything else.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods only says connected without saying anything else.: So for a couple days I've been trying to connect my Airpods to my pc and have been unsuccessful, I've tried everything to installing new bluetooth drivers, updating existing ones, turning on Audio Sink in Devices and Printers, disconnecting and removing, and sometimes when I...
  5. Programme opens and closes at random

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programme opens and closes at random: Hey everyone. Sometimes, mostly at startup and while I'm playing games, a programme with this icon opens and immediately closes. I apologise for the picture's potato quality, but it's all I could capture. I haven't identified any installed programmes with that icon. I thought...
  6. Any programmers without studies/training?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any programmers without studies/training?: Are there any of you who can do programming very well without having had any studies or training? If this is the case, how did you proceed? I want to teach it to me out of hobby and interest. Irgendwelche Programmierer ohne Studium/Ausbildung?
  7. Programme closing itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programme closing itself: I recently reinstalled Panorama Maker4 on my PC, which I used to use before updating to Windows10. I have a disc to load the software from, that came with a camera. Once installed on the PC, when I click on the shortcut the programme opens up, and I breifly see the normal...
  8. Programme closing itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Programme closing itself: I recently reinstalled Panorama Maker4 on my PC, which I used to use before updating to Windows10. I have a disc to load the software from, that came with a camera. Once installed on the PC, when I click on the shortcut the programme opens up, and I breifly see the normal...
  9. Programmes keep closing down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programmes keep closing down: I have a 21inch Lenovo all in one touch screen desk top Of recent if I open a programme to send or receive dialogue whether it be Twitter , Facebook or even windows community like this one. It then shrinks the operating window to a small size. then software says do you wish...
  10. acer laptop freezes and closes programme

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer laptop freezes and closes programme: hi, i have a acer swift sf113 laptop and it keeps freezing and closing my programmes . it only ever happens when i go into file explorer, if i right click anything it will close the file, if i try to click on 'this pc' it will close or if i try to open or extract a zip...