Windows 10: BSoD and reboot after 2020 Win 10 update

Discus and support BSoD and reboot after 2020 Win 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop gets Blue Screen and page fault in non page area after the 2020 updates in Jan. and Feb. It happens several times a day usually every couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LSCarter, Feb 17, 2020.

1. LSCarter Win User

BSoD and reboot after 2020 Win 10 update

Laptop gets Blue Screen and page fault in non page area after the 2020 updates in Jan. and Feb. It happens several times a day usually every couple of hours with occasional back to back frequency. I have tried troubleshooting online e.g. changing the paging settings, disk and memory scans, checking status of drivers. I have uninstalled the features update and waiting to see if this resolves the problem. Is anyone else having this problem or have another suggestion?

:)

LSCarter, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Feb 17, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    win 7 cant install update

• Boot into safe mode;
    • Open Code: %temp%[/quote] on Explorer;
    • Delete everything inside it;
    • Reboot;
    • Try to apply updates again;
    • PROFIT?

temp02, Feb 17, 2020
  4. BSoD and reboot after 2020 Win 10 update

Microsoft January 2020 Security Updates

Release Notes

January 2020 Security Updates

Release Date: January 14, 2020

The January security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ASP.NET Core
    • .NET Core
    • .NET Framework
    • OneDrive for Android
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• For information regarding enabling Windows 10, version 1909 features, please see

Microsoft Update Catalog.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in

ADV990001
      . This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is present only in the IE Cumulative package.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Note: Support for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008 ends January 14, 2020. For more information please see

Lifecycle FAQ-Extended Security Updates
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

The f****ssues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see

2****ssues, please see
    Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of Windows are in the left pane).

[table][tr][td]4534271[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534273[/td][td]Windows 1****809[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534276[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1709[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534283[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534288[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534293[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534297[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534306[/td][td]Windows 10[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534309[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update[/td][/tr][/table]

NICK ADSL UK, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

BSoD and reboot after 2020 Win 10 update

1. BSoD and reboot after 2020 Win 10 update - Similar Threads - BSoD reboot 2020

2. Win 10 updates Dec. 3, 2020, repeated bsods.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 updates Dec. 3, 2020, repeated bsods.: After Win 10 updates Dec. 3, 2020, repeated bsods. Windows Update says it's updated. Intel Driver Asst found drivers to install-said successful. DISM and SFC 'repaired' errors. Still BSOD. How to diagnose? Don't use cloud...how can I send crash info? I don't know how...
  3. November 2020 Win 10 Update Problems

November 2020 Win 10 Update Problems: I just updated my Win 10, and when I signed back in, everything was gone. Settings, files on the C drive, my default browser Chrome, the wallpaper, and my Office settings.... Gone. When I shut down and reboot, same exact thing happens. Thankfully, I have all my docs and...
  4. BSOD after pushed october 2020 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after pushed october 2020 update: Hello All i have an interesting situation... I was working away as per normal on my Toshiba intel I7 P70 laptop and time had come to pack away and go home. FYI my update setting are set to 365 days for feature update and 30 days for quality update I was going to shut down...
  5. Win 10 May 2020 update

Win 10 May 2020 update: Hoping for some help please. Since installing the update my sound keeps disappearing. Ran trouble shooter and it worked once but when I started the PC this morning it was gone again ? Anybody any ideas please........I'm an 82 year old very amatuer user so not PC...
  6. BSOD after update on 17 April 2020

BSOD after update on 17 April 2020: Have had a few BSOD problems for last month after windows updates. A hard reset helped for a bit...but after 17th April I cant get past BSOD. Now just get blurred login screen. Various errors, like: Page fault in non paged area Kernel security check failure System...
  7. Win 10 Updates March 2020

Win 10 Updates March 2020: Hi Rather desperate. Auto updates following the 2019 updates have caused bad problems. Lose my desktop and all icons, photos, apps. Nightmare. Have to formerly log in to Google, Malwarebytes, True Key and Mcafee. I then have to wait for emails to allow me to log in to these...
  8. BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot

BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot: After updating to 1903 now every time i reboot i get the BSOD was not a problem before. Can someone in microsoft please help us fix your mess up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-update-to-1903-at-reboot/4610dcb5-3f54-4f21-9058-5bbfec6c5a1a
  9. Win 10 BSOD on reboot DRIVER_POWER _STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 BSOD on reboot DRIVER_POWER _STATE_FAILURE: So I have two users that have Dell XPS 1820's that are blue screening on boot. I was able to grab the minidump file to post here. Hopefully, someone can tell me what driver is causing the issue...
  10. Win 10 BSOD on reboot DRIVER_POWER _STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 BSOD on reboot DRIVER_POWER _STATE_FAILURE: So I have two users that have Dell XPS 1820's that are blue screening on boot. I was able to grab the minidump file to post here. Hopefully, someone can tell me what driver is causing the issue...