Windows 10: BSOD and Resets to BIOS

Discus and support BSOD and Resets to BIOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have quite a bad problem, PC purchased in Jan this year. It keeps crashing giving a wide variety of reasons. These crashes usually go to BSOD restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steve_2409, Oct 24, 2020.

1. BSOD and Resets to BIOS

I have quite a bad problem, PC purchased in Jan this year. It keeps crashing giving a wide variety of reasons. These crashes usually go to BSOD restart the PC and it goes straight to the BIOS screen, then I have to reboot. These crashes occur normally when I have music programs on but it has crashed other times. I stream on Twitch and I purchased the PC to do exactly that and paid an awfull lot of money as well. I spoke to the place where I purchased when it first happened and a support remotely went in and looked at the error report, played around with it and it was ok for a few days. I tried to contct again and got told that it was not a hardware fault but a software fault. These crashes do not save to the Minidump file any more, I only have 3 events in there, but it has crashed numerous times. I really do not know what to do next, I streamed for 7 hours on Twitch last night and no problems, I got up this morning to link Twitche's music app, SoundtracK, to OBS then when I closed OBS it crashed, this time no BSOD just a black screen. Please help.

:)

Steve_2409, Oct 24, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Stecyk Win User
    Resetting Bios Password

I am doing some spring cleaning, getting rid of old desktops, laptops, and routers. Regarding the computers, I am wanting to wipe the hard drives with Darik's Boot and Nuke software. When I booted up one old Dell desktop from 2001, I learned that it requires a BIOS password. Why I ever put one on is beyond me. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the password. The rest of this message will be about wanting to know if my understanding for resetting the BIOS password is correct.

Technically, this thread/message isn't about Windows 10 specifically. But it does relate to hardware, and I am hoping that it would apply to a significant number of computers, so I hope this message is okay.

I called Dell, and the technician said that I needed to reset the jumper on motherboard to reset the BIOS password. After opening the case on my old Dell computer and hunting on the internet, this is the what I think I have learned. I will present photograph of a portion of the motherboard.

BSOD and Resets to BIOS [​IMG]

I have put a red rectangular box around what I think is the jumper for the BIOS. I note that "PASS" is written on the motherboard beside those three pins.

I believe these are steps I need to follow. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Turn off and unplug the computer. (It has been off and unplugged for about ten plus years. I just plugged it in today. I am not sure if this information is relevant. Perhaps it helps with regard to the motherboard's battery.)
    2. Open the case and locate those "PASS" pins again.
    3. Switch the jumper from the current two pins to include the third pin and middle pin. Leave it there for 5 seconds or more. In other words, move the jumper over one pin for a few seconds.
    4. Reset the jumper back to its original position with the original pins.
    5. Plug in the computer, and attempt to boot it up.
    6. Assuming it boots up, open CD tray and put in Darik's Boot and Nuke software and follow the steps.

Is there any information that I am missing? Do I have the correct location for the jumper? Are my steps correct?

Thank you for your help.

Stecyk, Oct 24, 2020
  4. BSOD and Resets to BIOS

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

BSOD and Resets to BIOS

1. BSOD and Resets to BIOS - Similar Threads - BSOD Resets BIOS

2. BIOS and BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS and BSOD loop: Around two weeks ago my laptop started having trouble when I'd download things. It started with a game launcher when I noticed I would get a BSOD when it's installing. This was unusual cause I had downloaded this same game before seamlessly, but I brushed it off. Then it...
  3. SSD not detected by BIOS after BSOD in Windows reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD not detected by BIOS after BSOD in Windows reset: I have been using my new build without problem for about 3 weeks until I decided to reset my Windows 10 as I thought the system caught an unremovable Trojan. The system ran on a Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD 980 1TB. During the reset, at abt 90%, Windows showed a BSOD with error code...
  4. BSOD and BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and BIOS: Hello, Windows Community I faced such a problem: This is not the first time this problem has occurred. Sometimes the BSOD pops up for a split second and my laptop restarts. After that, the BIOS opens. Then I click save and exit, and after that everything goes back to...
  5. Resetting Bios Password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resetting Bios Password: I am doing some spring cleaning, getting rid of old desktops, laptops, and routers. Regarding the computers, I am wanting to wipe the hard drives with Darik's Boot and Nuke software. When I booted up one old Dell desktop from 2001, I learned that it requires a BIOS password....
  6. BIOS reset setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS reset setting: Hello, I recently gave my brother my laptop for like 2 years and he changed a lot of things in the BIOS and I don't feel comfortable with them and I want to go back but I don't remember which were the default settings (the laptop is a HP 14-r203ns) so I wonder if it were like...
  7. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it as it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  8. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it at it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  9. Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown BIOS error causing BIOS resets.: I am not sure which forum to post this problem so hope a mod can move it if needed. Not experienced in these matters and do not wish to brick my PC. When I start up the PC the BIOS starts and then the screen shows to Enter F1 to enter setup. The BOIS shows as notify on fault...
  10. Resetting BIOS password

in Windows 10 Support
    Resetting BIOS password: I have Acer Nitro 5 laptop . (This model https://www.amazon.in/Acer-AN515-52-...gateway&sr=8-6) Recently I updated its bios by downloading the official driver from the ACER website. Eversince my BIOS has got locked and asks for password which I don't know and haven't even...