Windows 10: BSOD and strange freezes

Discus and support BSOD and strange freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, When I started using my pc 2 days ago I noticed strange freezes when I clicked on things and sometimes when I selected text. I ran a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ionnis, Apr 3, 2021.

1. ionnis Win User

BSOD and strange freezes

Hello,

When I started using my pc 2 days ago I noticed strange freezes when I clicked on things and sometimes when I selected text. I ran a malwarebytes scanI also have nod32 antivirus with real-time protection. After that I ran rkill and after a second scan I got a BSOD. I don't remember the name of this BSOD. I don't have these problemsfreezing, BSOD now, but I'm worried that this might be a virus that is still in my system. Furthermore, I see the system process and sometimes the file explorer process take 5-10% of CPU for short moments. I used resource monitor and saw that system process was writing to "master file table" and "NTFS volume log". I also have an .etl file from windows performance recorder.

:)

ionnis, Apr 3, 2021
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Apr 3, 2021
  3. airbud7 Win User
    New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

So you are saying a PSU can never cause a computer to Freeze/BSOD...???

airbud7, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Zebeon Win User

BSOD and strange freezes

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

Nothing listed like that.......
    just ati hotkey poller-

any other suggestions!

I am at a loss on what else to do-

I guess it is the general consensus that the card is bad....???*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

kind of strange...... When I can get into xp..... I am open CCC and goto ovdriver thing.... click test setting without changing anything... sometimes it passes and sometimes it does not.....

Then BSOD at random times.

Zebeon, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

BSOD and strange freezes

1. BSOD and strange freezes - Similar Threads - BSOD strange freezes

2. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze: Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels...
  3. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze: Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels...
  4. windows 10 freezing strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freezing strangely: recently my windows 10 is getting get slow and freeze, all app, chrome, onenote, others are freezing for a moment but none is reaching 100% of anything in task manager....
  5. windows 10 freezing strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 freezing strangely: recently my windows 10 is getting get slow and freeze, all app, chrome, onenote, others are freezing for a moment but none is reaching 100% of anything in task manager....
  6. windows 10 freezing strangely

7. Strange BSOD

Strange BSOD: Hello, 10 minutes ago, I got a strange blue screen. I just saw the blue screen for 1 second then my screen went black, but my computer was still ON, my mouse was not lighting, I waited for some time, but nothing happened then I shut downed my computer and turned it on. Then I...
  8. Strange irregular BSOD's

Strange irregular BSOD's: BSOD's keep infrequently occurring on my PC, I'm unsure as to what is causing it, as I've unplugged all my USB connections.I've ran chkdsk and other cmd commands to try and fix the problem, none have yielded any fixes.I have a .dmp file, but do not know how to use / identify...
  9. Strange issue with computer freezing at random.

Strange issue with computer freezing at random.: So this is a strange issue that I've been dealing with over the past month or two. Basically, the pc will run fine, absolutely nothing wrong, but then at some point, it will freeze, but it's not like it gets stuck on a specific thing, just at some point, it will freeze,...
  10. Very strange BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very strange BSODs: I have an issue where I get a BSOD consistently within the same time frame. Every time I get a BSOD, exactly two days afterward with around 3hrs of being on it the 2nd day, it will get a BSOD every single time. I have had this happen for about a month now with the same...