Windows 10: BSoD and trouble updating windows

Discus and support BSoD and trouble updating windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I am not super computer savy, I normally just update when my computer tells me too and it's all good. Recently I've had a couple issues and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mmkay812, Oct 24, 2020.

1. BSoD and trouble updating windows

Hi all, I am not super computer savy, I normally just update when my computer tells me too and it's all good. Recently I've had a couple issues and my googling hasn't been fruitful. So here's the deal: I have windows 10 home 64 bit on a Dell XPS

• Occasionally, when booting up from sleep/hibernation I will get a blue screen of death with the stop code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

• In my update settings, I am getting download errors on a number of updates including Windows Feature update version 1909 - Error 0x80070015. I am also getting errors on Intel stuff and stuff like 2019-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems. I can post a screen shot of all of them if that would be helpful.

• I ran the trouble shooter and get a flag for "Potential Windows update database error" that the troubleshooter can't fix, and I don't seem to be able to fix from google searches.

• I have seen a couple things telling me to check my hard drive. I have run a diagnostics test on Dell's website along with using cmd to run sfc/scannow and nothing seems to pick up any problems. I have backed up my laptop to an external drive just in case.

Really looking for any suggestions. Is there a way I can manually download the update and force it to install? Otherwise, in my settings I saw an option for "Fresh start"? Would this be a potential fix/would I lose data?

Truly appreciate any ideas

submitted by /u/mmkay812
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mmkay812, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 24, 2020
  4. BSoD and trouble updating windows

HD4850 atikmdag.sys stopped responding - BSOD

well thats the very first step in trouble shooting BSODs, its obvious your system cant handle the overclock.

eidairaman1, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

BSoD and trouble updating windows

1. BSoD and trouble updating windows - Similar Threads - BSoD trouble updating

2. Trouble updating Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble updating Windows: Again Windows update giving headache to my computer. It says update couldn't be install. Last month I was able to install updates in my system and this PC is only 1 year old. Dont tell me I need to reset or perform clean installation since I dont want it. This is a important...
  3. Trouble updating Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble updating Windows.: I've been trying to update my Windows 10 but it's been failing and after searching the web for hours I'm just about out of ideas. I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 x64 and currently I have 2 updates that keep failing. 2022-03 Cumulative update for Windows 10 ver. 20H2...
  4. Trouble updating Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble updating Windows.: I've been trying to update my Windows 10 but it's been failing and after searching the web for hours I'm just about out of ideas. I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 x64 and currently I have 2 updates that keep failing. 2022-03 Cumulative update for Windows 10 ver. 20H2...
  5. Trouble updating Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. windows update trouble.

windows update trouble.: after I updated windows10, many of my apps and documents and photos are gone, and couldn't open settings from window start icon. So I can't open settings to open apps. How can I fix this problem. I went admin and sfc/scanne and other information found in your site. but...
  7. BSOD and Trouble Booting into Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and Trouble Booting into Windows.: Whenever I try turning on my pc it either freezes on boot and I have to hard reset it or it Blue Screens. Eventually after a couple of resets I can enter windows. The error codes from the bluescreens have been different every time so I haven't really written them down....
  8. Windows Update Trouble

Windows Update Trouble: Dear All Good day I had to reinstall windows yesterday and now it is not updating. A long list of pending updates becomes visible but is then followed by prompt: ''''We were unable to check for updates because one or more critical system services are unavailable.''''...
  9. Trouble updating windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble updating windows: Im having trouble updating windows to version 2004, but to no avail as it fails to download and displays "error code 0xc0000022." I have many windows updates in "updates and security" in settings, but cannot manually download them as they are constantly "Pending Download" and...
  10. trouble with windows update

trouble with windows update: I have been trying to update my system for a while now but have had no luck. I ran through many of the troubleshooting steps including: clean boot installation media tool update assistant DISM health restore talking to windows advisors There have been a few other things...