Windows 10: BSOD and wdf01000.sys

Discus and support BSOD and wdf01000.sys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In short. Recently i get BSOD screen and im on edge of breakdown. There is normal WhoCrashed report when i boot computer without anything. (I included... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bulczasty, Oct 5, 2020.

1. BSOD and wdf01000.sys

In short. Recently i get BSOD screen and im on edge of breakdown.

There is normal WhoCrashed report when i boot computer without anything. (I included minidump file below)

On Mon 05.10.2020 22:28:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100520-34843-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F3EA0)
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFF8B8B240BD080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

And today i enabled Driver verifaier. On option all drivers installed on this computer i got no results but when i selected all drivers except ones provided by Mincrosoft i got this:

On Mon 05.10.2020 21:57:24 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100520-28781-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: wdf01000.sys (0xFFFFF8003E26A710)
    Bugcheck code: 0xC9 (0x22E, 0xFFFFF8003E26A710, 0xFFFFA807DFB2AD80, 0x0)
    Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wdf01000.sys
    product: System operacyjny Microsoft® Windows®
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Aparat wykonawczy struktury sterowników trybu jądra
    Bug check description: This is the bug check code for all Driver Verifier crashes.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Dmp files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1APSkXtQwLGOyAX7nJ2aYE4tloSAYa1i0?usp=sharing

Thanks for any help and apologize for my poor english.

submitted by /u/Bulczasty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bulczasty, Oct 5, 2020

2. wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit

Basically, whenever I try to update my LPC controller through Device Manager, BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION occurs (culprit being wdf01000.sys)

So I try to use the driver verifier to see which driver is causing the BSOD, but then it causes BSOD (cultprit being ntoskrnl.exe)

Have no idea which driver is causing them

Please help!

Here are my list of drivers and system info: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

interestingkid005140, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Wdf01000.sys Latency - Windows 10

Hi,

Wdf01000.sys is a Microsoft driver file. The wdf01000.sys
    process should not be deleted or prevented from loading each time Windows loads.

We would like to know more about your wdf01000.sys and latency concern:

• Were you getting errors with wdf01000.sys? If yes, Can you send us a screenshot?
    • Which program or application were you using in audio recording?
    • What equipment or devices were connected to your PC when you were recording audio?

In the meantime, check out this article for tips on how to improve
    PC performance.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 5, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD and wdf01000.sys

axe0, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

BSOD and wdf01000.sys

1. BSOD and wdf01000.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD wdf01000 sys

2. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  3. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  4. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fix wdf01000.sys BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix wdf01000.sys BSOD on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Wdf01000.sys is a file associated with Windows Driver Framework which in turn handles the system drivers. Corruption of this file/process means that the drivers would start giving trouble eventually leading to a Blue Screen of Death error. The error descriptions...
  6. BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys): Hi all, Having intermittent troubles with BSODs, not sure of the cause, usually happens during general use (Chrome browsing, VLC media player running). Here are the log files - and help would be much appreciated! Attachment 114878 73358
  7. Wdf01000.sys BSOD Unable to Reboot

Wdf01000.sys BSOD Unable to Reboot: Good afternoon, Let me start by saying that I'm not a huge techie. There are a lot of things I know about computers, but much more that I don't know. I'm hoping you all can help me save my desktop computer without having to lose years of files I can't replace. I updated...
  8. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  9. BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys: Hi gents, I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues. Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a...
  10. Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys

Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys: I've been getting BSODs when leaving my computer idle. Not running anything intensive. From looking at the minidump file I can't find much other than it's probably because of the Wdf01000.sys driver. Hopefully you can get all of the information you need from the .zip file I...