Windows 10: BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

Discus and support BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1) During the troubleshooting process please perform the above steps so that the freezing, and display problems can be troubleshooted. 2) On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eXtremeDevil, Jan 24, 2018.

1. zbook New Member

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

1) During the troubleshooting process please perform the above steps so that the freezing, and display problems can be troubleshooted.
    2) On the Startup and Recovery windows > under system failure > under write debugging information click the down arrow > change to automatic memory dump
    3) For un-unchecking automatically restart this setting will allow you to view the BSOD window where it will display the bugcheck and may display the misbehaving driver. Without checking this box the computer does not appear to have a BSOD unless you are seeing it live as the computer has rebooted.
    4) There is a driver that is used to create dumps. When the page file is on another drive this driver can malfunction. The driver may function but there may be other problems prevent the dump formation. See this report in the event viewer:
    Code: Event[796]: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 2018-01-25T20:32:26.281 Event ID: 46 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: SOBREMESA1 Description: Crash dump initialization failed![/quote] This indicates that there was a BSOD crash yesterday. This BSOD crash you did not know about due to the computer settings.

In order to troubleshoot the computer problems we need your cooperation.

Please re-post the images after the changes are made and please post a new zip:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

zbook, Jan 26, 2018
  2. Ztruker Win User

There was a dump in the original zip file you uploaded. I'll upload it here for zbook to look at. I don't see much of use in it but he's seen things I've missed before: 012518-385859-01.zip

Ztruker, Jan 26, 2018
  3. I knew it was somewhere haha. Thanks for that!

Done, here's the shot and also the proof that I have enable swapfile on C:

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc [​IMG]

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc [​IMG]

Although I really don't know why the need of screenshots, if I say I've done it, it means I've done it...

This indicates that there was a BSOD crash yesterday. This BSOD crash you did not know about due to the computer settings.[/quote] I would have swear that thursday at 8:30PM I was working on my PC solving a problem with a client of mine... Maybe I was trying verifier?

And here's a new log. I have performed the above changes and then I have reboot. Also, I've set nVidia 3D settings to maximum performance instead of power save. And I have close some apps that have overlays, in order to prevent a possible exception with the GPU. This night there hasn't been any trouble. Let's see how this goes.

I hope I don't miss anything at this point.

eXtremeDevil, Jan 26, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump contains no dump files.
    C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP was not found
    The last bugcheck was c9 (Driver Verifier I/O Verification violation) on 01/25
    Before that was bugcheck 1 (mismatch in the APC (asynchronous procedure calls) state index) also on 1/25

1)Download and install: Whocrashed
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

2) On the virtual memory window please check the box in the left corner automatically manage paging file size for all drives

3) Open Whocrashed > above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT

4) Click analyze > post a report of the whocrashed crash dump test into the thread using a one drive or drop box share link

5) run this version of the log collector and post a zip into this thread:

zbook, Jan 26, 2018
  5. I told you before, I'm NOT gonna crash my PC on purpose, not now anyway. If I get another BSOD, I will upload the dump to you. I'm tired of uploading mega dumps with all my pc info only because of a minor configuration change.

As long as WhoCrashed has no other effect that check is my PC generates dumps, I won't run it by now. Sorry, is not that I don't want to collaborate, it is just that I'm sure it can generate dumps and after my experience with verifier I don't wanna crash anymore, at least not by now.

If you wanna make sure my PC is prepared to create dumps on crashes, believe me, IT IS now.

Let's wait for the next one, or let's hope there are no more.

First one was done by me, second one I remember, and I don't know why or how. Do you have a clue?

Done.

6. zbook New Member
    There was an unexpected reboot or crash on 1/26 that did not have a dump.
    That could have been a manual power off.
    The activity prior to that was: Crash dump initialization failed!

zbook, Jan 26, 2018
  7. By then probably I didn't have swapfile enabled on all drives. Also, I only remember one, maybe two BSOD, all the other crashed are no display ones, and what I did when I found those was a forced reboot. That action probably triggered lots or more errors and crashed, but those would be deliberated.

Tell me if I can give you any other info *Smile

8. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

So far so good, maybe the nVidia config change I made did it? I'll keep you guys posted...

eXtremeDevil, Jan 28, 2018
  9. I'm going on a trip, so I'll keep testing when I get back. Thanks to all!

eXtremeDevil, Jan 30, 2018
  10. OK, so today it happen again. No inet visibility from outside, monitors off, but PC running. No BSOD crash on BlueScreenView, and yes, pagefile is on, automatically managed by windows for all drives. Here's a new dump of my PC. I think it may happen after I play around with nVidia 3D vision, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Thanks.

eXtremeDevil, Feb 7, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    Search for live kernal reports > post links into the thread
    live-kernal-reports
    WATCHDOG-20180207-2102.dmp

zbook, Feb 7, 2018
  12. zbook New Member
    File explorer > this PC > C: > right upper corner search

zbook, Feb 7, 2018
  13. zbook New Member

1) backup all files to another drive or to the cloud
    2) make a backup image using Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    3) save the backup image to another drive or to the cloud
    4) make a brand new restore point

Windows driver verifier is a tool that tests drivers.
    It will repetitively produce BSOD until misbehaving drivers are fixed or until the tool is turned off.

In order to turn off the tool there are 3 methods using the windows advanced troubleshooting menu:
    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Use the settings in this link for the customized tests:
    Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community

During the use of windows driver verifier the computer may become sluggish. Sometimes there is difficulty booting. If you experience either of these problems the customized test settings can be modified.

The tool will be used for 48 hours. After the last BSOD it will be used for an additional 36 hours of typical computer use.

After each BSOD > turn off windows driver verifier > uninstall the misbehaving driver > post a new zip for troubleshooting:

zbook, Feb 7, 2018
  14. Founded on C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG *Smile

eXtremeDevil, Feb 7, 2018
  15. zbook New Member
    The msinfo32 was corrupt.
    Please find it manually and post it into the thread:
    In the left lower corner type: msinfo32 > save as NFO > save to desktop > zip > post into the thread

zbook, Feb 7, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc - Similar Threads - BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH changes

2. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  3. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  4. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hi, Both of my computers now shut down with the code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH when I try to print anything. ??? Is there a resolve? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apcindexmismatch/efde9070-2fc3-4e5f-a9d2-5495f1fa031e
  5. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apc_index_mismatch: Hi, I get often this blue screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Can you help me to debug that ? I downloaded your tool Beta-Log-collector. Attached my results. Thank you very much for your help, and your time. Cheers, 131747
  6. Apc_index_mismatch

Apc_index_mismatch: My Hewlitt Packard laptop (windows 10 64 bit) gave a light blue screen when I was using it all of a sudden with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then will restart soon (100% complete) If you'd like to...
  7. BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hey! I'm having a hard time figuring out what is causing this BSOD. It started in Windows 8, and after reading around, and trying several things (changing parameters in the BIOS, updating drivers, etc.) I thought (well..hoped..) that upgrading to Windows 10 might solve...
  8. Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: I have a webcam as capture device with 32 bit VLC, and every 2 weeks or so when I start the cam/VLC I get APC mismatch. The system restarts, and I try again - usually takes several attempts (ie crashes) before the cam/VLC works. Webcam is USB Logitech C270 and VLC is latest...
  9. Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]

Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]: Hello Yesterday after coming back to my laptop after about 5 hours I brought it out of standby and whilst doing some work it blue screened with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. I think I was trying to enter the character 1/2 with an ALT code. The error happened 3 times. I ran...
  10. BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch

BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch: I am continuously getting these errors after formats, resets, and everything i can think of. I've been told the hardware checks out and it must be a software issue, any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated. 36401