Windows 10: BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

Discus and support BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, the last week I'm been suffering freezes and reboots. I never had a BSOD dump until today. I have recently changed from a HDD to a SSD, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eXtremeDevil, Jan 24, 2018.

1. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

Hi, the last week I'm been suffering freezes and reboots. I never had a BSOD dump until today.

I have recently changed from a HDD to a SSD, I have applied a theme on my Windows 10, and I have updated to Fall Creators update. I cloned the HDD block by block to the new SSD, so no installation or anything was performed, just a plain old replacement.

I don't know where the problem may be but I'm getting a little worried now.

I'm also using nVidia 3D vision for the first time.

Also, I've put my old HDD as B:\ drive, and I guess it's not related but, sometimes when I boot my pc Windows Firewall asks me to allow a program I gave access before, only now the path to the binary looks like B:0\blah instead of C:\blah.

I attach the dump. (Edited, it is now in later posts)

:)

eXtremeDevil, Jan 24, 2018
  2. Ukkie66 Win User

BSOD PC's APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe

Hi all,

I need some help with a dump situation. In the last 3 weeks, some PC's starting to show BSOD at random and we can not find the reason why. We think it's a USB driver issue but we can not be sure.

Is there someone who can help me pinpoint the problem from the
    dump information
    ?

Regards,

Sander

Ukkie66, Jan 24, 2018
  3. BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe+142940

I had a BSOD. Bug Check String APC_INDEX_MISMATCH , cause by driver ntoskrnl.exe caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+142940. Adive on the fix for this. XPS 15 9950 RUNNING Windows 10 Pro.

SanilPrakashan, Jan 24, 2018
  4. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

Additional info:

With sfc the only corrupted files are:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\es-ES\shell32.dll.mui
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\themeui.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\UXInit.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\es-ES\shell32.dll.mui

This is normal with the theme patcher applied, so I don't give it much importance.

eXtremeDevil, Jan 24, 2018
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Can you please change the language? I can't read the logs in the current language which makes it difficult to provide help.

Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

Re-run DM_Log_collector when done and upload the zip file, see if that helps.

You can put the language back to your normal one once done though you may have to do this multiple times if I need you to run DM_Log_collector again in the future.

Thanks

Ztruker, Jan 25, 2018
  6. OK, I'll do it when I get back from work.

Thanks.

eXtremeDevil, Jan 25, 2018
  7. There, I've updated the first post attachment *Smile

8. zbook New Member

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

Please run this log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip
    Please list all of the antivirus products in current and recent use (always on and manual).

The logs appear to have piracy for Microsoft products.
    See rule #4
    Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Jan 25, 2018
  9. I have ESET, MalwareBytes and Windows Defender.

I'm sorry for the piracy part, I have removed it now as is not permitted here.

Here's the new dump.

EDIT:

I've noticed now that there's no BSOD dumps now, maybe I did a clean and its now gone. Nevertheless, today my computer froze again, let's hope the other info can provide some clues to that.

Thanks.

10. zbook New Member
    1) Uninstall Iorbit
    There a many people that have used this software and then have had problems where they had to perform clean installs.
    It has been a cause of BSOD.
    2) There are multiple antivirus products in use:
    AVG
    ESET
    Malwarebytes
    Pick one always on product and one manual product.
    Run the uninstall tool for either AVG or ESET.
    Download tools and utilities | AVG
    How to uninstall AVG software | AVG Support
    Uninstall ESET manually using the ESET uninstaller toolESET Knowledgebase

3) In the left lower corner search type system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > under start up and recovery click settings > post an image into the thread
    4) In the left lower corner search type system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > under performance click settings > on the performance options window click the advanced tab > under virtual memory click change > post an image into the thread for the virtual memory window
    5) In the left lower corner search type clean > open disk cleanup > scroll up and down > post images into the thread
    6) After the above steps post a new zip:

zbook, Jan 25, 2018
  11. I have had this for ages and it hasn't give any problem, but is now deleted anyway.
    Again, I have always have these apps. AVG is not an AV, it is the older TuneUp. I will disable MalwareBytes for now.

I don't undertand why the fifth step. I had a crash this morning, and the reliability history shows nothing, nor the event log, or at least I don't undertand them. But the reliability history do show some BSOD and other crashes, could you please check on those and give me your opinion?

I'm a technician myself and I seriously doubt these errors are caused by apps I have had for years. I usually check the logs and solve things myself, but in this case I need some help interpreting those logs.

Check this out, for example:

Code: The description for Event ID 2 from source NVIDIA OpenGL Driver cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: The NVIDIA OpenGL driver has not been able to initialize a connection with the GPU. This might be due to out of memory error, an exhaustion of system resources or too many graphical applications running. The application will not render correctly. (pid=37$[/quote] I don't know if the events are included in your tool, I guess so. Although it also seems to gather some irrelevant info in relation to an BSOD.

I can't upload a new dump now, and honestly, nothing has changed after your steps, only the removal of IOBit software.

Please try and check the event logs. I'll do the same, for now.

Thanks.

12. zbook New Member
    Please post the images so that the method for dump formation is checked.
    There are crashes that produce BSOD and there are crashes that do not produce BSOD.
    When BSOD are produced there are cleaning tools that remove the BSOD before they can be debugged.
    There may be one more step that needs to be done depending on the images.

zbook, Jan 25, 2018
  13. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

Sorry, I did the screenshots but totally forgot to upload them haha

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc [​IMG]

Unfortunately, most of the times there are just freezes and not BSOD and therefore is much more difficult for me to find the cause. I remember reading in the reliability history failures like "LiveKernelEvent 144" or something like that.

I'm starting to suspect from the GPU, may an app be triggering an exception? Most of the time the PC is running but there's no display...

EDIT

About the virtual memory, I also have a B and C (obviously) drive, both also configured to none. I have an SSD so I don't want to take that much space and writing operations.

14. zbook New Member
    1) Under system failure:
    a) un-check automatically restart
    b) change write debugging information to automatic
    2) For virtual memory:
    a) check automatically manage paging file size for all drives

The reason that there were no dumps was the "No paging file"

Once the above changes are made please re-post the new images.

Download and install: Whocrashed
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    Above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT
    Click analyze > post an image of the results into the thread.
    Run this log collector and post a zip into this thread after all of the above steps:

Disk enumeration is the numbering of the drives.
    Most of the time Disk 0 is used for drive C:
    Drive B: is currently Disk 0
    Drive C: is currently Disk 3
    Was this deliberate or by accident?

zbook, Jan 26, 2018
  15. Done, but my PC is NOT restarting, it is freezing and losing display.

Can't find that setting.

I have had dumps with the current config before (I have pagefile enabled on H drive), only they delete or not stored much time. I really don't want to have that file on an SSD making writing operations. I will activate this if I start having BSOD and no dumps. But is not the case right now.

Why the images again?? Can I just make those operations and wait for the outcome??

I'm not gonna crash my PC right now, maybe tomorrow. I had enough of that when I tried verifier. Again, please check the event log, the graphic card may be the cause because 90% of the time the pc is up and running (I can ping it) but no display.

I guess deliberated as long as C drive is not on the SATA1 but the SATA5 pin of the motherboard. Is this related to a driver/GPU failure?

I can't post right now a full dump, but again, nothing in my configuration has changed to upload a new one, in my opinion as a computer technician.

eXtremeDevil, Jan 26, 2018
Thema:

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

1. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc - Similar Threads - BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH changes

2. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  3. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  4. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hi, Both of my computers now shut down with the code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH when I try to print anything. ??? Is there a resolve? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apcindexmismatch/efde9070-2fc3-4e5f-a9d2-5495f1fa031e
  5. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apc_index_mismatch: Hi, I get often this blue screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Can you help me to debug that ? I downloaded your tool Beta-Log-collector. Attached my results. Thank you very much for your help, and your time. Cheers, 131747
  6. Apc_index_mismatch

Apc_index_mismatch: My Hewlitt Packard laptop (windows 10 64 bit) gave a light blue screen when I was using it all of a sudden with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then will restart soon (100% complete) If you'd like to...
  7. BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hey! I'm having a hard time figuring out what is causing this BSOD. It started in Windows 8, and after reading around, and trying several things (changing parameters in the BIOS, updating drivers, etc.) I thought (well..hoped..) that upgrading to Windows 10 might solve...
  8. Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: I have a webcam as capture device with 32 bit VLC, and every 2 weeks or so when I start the cam/VLC I get APC mismatch. The system restarts, and I try again - usually takes several attempts (ie crashes) before the cam/VLC works. Webcam is USB Logitech C270 and VLC is latest...
  9. Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]

Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]: Hello Yesterday after coming back to my laptop after about 5 hours I brought it out of standby and whilst doing some work it blue screened with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. I think I was trying to enter the character 1/2 with an ALT code. The error happened 3 times. I ran...
  10. BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch

BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch: I am continuously getting these errors after formats, resets, and everything i can think of. I've been told the hardware checks out and it must be a software issue, any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated. 36401