Windows 10: BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

Discus and support BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There you go. I tried verified before, as I said in the thread, and my PC went on a BSOD loop, never again booting properly. MSInfo32 seems to freeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eXtremeDevil, Jan 24, 2018.

1. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

There you go. I tried verified before, as I said in the thread, and my PC went on a BSOD loop, never again booting properly. MSInfo32 seems to freeze at the end of the proccess, is that data actually relevant for my failure?

eXtremeDevil, Feb 7, 2018
  2. zbook New Member

When you had the prior problem with windows driver verifier what where the test settings used?
    Which link did you use?
    How did you break the loop?
    Run the DM log collector to see what happens with the msinfo32:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Feb 7, 2018
  3. The DM collector was used five minutes ago, it got stuck with msinfo32 so I ended that exe manually. That dump is already uploaded, making a new one just now will have no difference.

I followed the verifier instructions from this post. Turning it off by cmd didn't work so I restored my restore point.

Is there any info in the event wiever or the watchdog?

4. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

Sorry, I meant instructions from this FORUM.

5. zbook New Member
    No definitive misbehaving driver identified yet.
    There were some boot-start drivers this year that did not load.
    Uninstall ESET and Malwarebytes.
    Turn on Windows defender.
    Uninstall ESET manually using the ESET uninstaller toolESET Knowledgebase

Look at the 2 links on windows driver verifier.
    One link has 19 customized tests at one time.
    The other has 3 customized tests at one time.
    Using 3 tests should enable you to use the tool.

First uninstall Eset and Malwarebytes.
    Then run the log collector to see if these software programs were interfering.

zbook, Feb 7, 2018
  6. They didn't interfiere earlier days, and malwarebytes its actually disabled, so that doesn't make much sense...

I will try verifier this weekend and post back, as I can't right now.

Thank you very much for all the support.

7. zbook New Member
    Can you uninstall Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.2.4 during the troubleshooting process?

These are the boot-start drivers that failed to load at the end of January:
    Code: Event[577]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2018-01-25T17:00:21.360 Event ID: 7026 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: SOBREMESA1 Description: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load: AFD bam BfLwf CSC dam Dfsc eamonm ehdrv epfw ESProtectionDriver FileCrypt GpuEnergyDrv MsSecFlt NetBIOS NetBT npsvctrig nsiproxy Psched rdbss tdx VBoxDrv VBoxNetLwf VBoxUSBMon vwififlt[/quote] If you uninstall Eset, Malwarebytes, and Virtual box that takes care of all of the non-Microsoft drivers with the exception of
    bflwfx64.sys
    Bigfoot Networks Bandwidth Control Wireless NDIS Light Weight Filter driver
    http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/suppo...nloads&_a=view

There were 4 Eset drivers and 3 V box boot- start drivers that had failed to load.
    The removal of Eset, malwarebytes, and vbox should reduce the confounding factors.

zbook, Feb 7, 2018
  8. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

May the eth driver be the cause??

9. zbook New Member
    For any driver problems they can be uninstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled, or updated.
    If you can update any driver that misbehaves or has a boot-start problem that should improve performance.
    The Eset and Malwarebytes can be uninstalled and reinstalled at a later time.
    If you can uninstall V Box that would be useful.
    And if you can update or uninstall the software related to bflwfx64.sys that should take care of all of the non-Microsoft drivers that were identified in the event log.
    The windows driver verifier tool will stress the other drivers to see which one(s) may be behaving.

For Windows driver verifier these are the methods to turn off the tool. They should be done in order and only if the prior method failed. They are all done using the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu.

1) startup options (not startup repair) > click restart > select #6 safe mode with command prompt > type:
    verifier /reset
    2) command prompt > Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\sources> type:
    verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail
    3) system restore
    System restore often leads to a loss of the dump file and little progress is made in the troubleshooting.

To practice using the windows advanced troubleshooting menu > open administrative command prompt and type:
    shutdown /r /o /f /t 00

An alternative method is to click restart while holding down the shift key.

If there are no problems using windows driver verifier with 3 customized tests you can modify the test settings by increasing the tests 2 -3 at a time up to the 19 used in the Microsoft link. If there is/are problems you could always remove a few and add a few every 3 - 4 hours so that you will have ran through all of the tests. If you do it this way keep the 3 original customized tests during the 48 hours.

zbook, Feb 7, 2018
  10. I uninstalled VirtualBox, ESET and MBAM and msinfo32 still fails. Even on safe mode. I will post about verifier when I try it.

11. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

zbook, Feb 7, 2018
  12. I ran the sfc in scan only mode, in order to not alter my patched system files related to theme modding. I have uploaded its log, so you can see no other files are affected.

Here is the other info:

Code: H:\eXtreme Devil Files\Desktop>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.16299.15 Image Version: 10.0.16299.192 [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully. H:\eXtreme Devil Files\Desktop>chkdsk /scan The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is Almacén 3TB. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 1291776 file records processed. File verification completed. 14 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 52 reparse records processed. 1461590 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. 52 reparse records processed. Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ... Security descriptor verification completed. 84908 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 36071024 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed. Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required. 3146129 MB total disk space. 1128153136 KB in 551829 files. 248956 KB in 84909 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 1491946 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 2091742896 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 805409233 total allocation units on disk. 522935724 allocation units available on disk.[/quote] Are we 100% sure my crashes are cause by a driver? It doesn't seem to be a BSOD but another type of crash...

eXtremeDevil, Feb 8, 2018
  13. zbook New Member

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

Windows driver verifier is a tool used to find misbehaving drivers.
    The tool is typically used for 48 hours.
    After the last misbehaving driver is found it is used for an additional 36 hours.
    If misbehaving drivers are found they will be uninstalled and reinstalled.
    If no misbehaving drivers are found after the 48 + 36 hour period that will complete the testing with this tool.

The sfc file that was posted was dated 1/18/2018 and displayed corruption.
    If you can please run the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

zbook, Feb 8, 2018
  14. I will try verifier this weekend, but that does not answer my question. I'm asking if we are sure this problem is caused by a driver 100% because there's no BSOD crash, but other type of crash, and I have the sensation drivers and all the things I'm uninstalling and changing has nothing to do with the real problem.

I don't know about the file datestamp, mine is fine, showing todays date in file properties AND in the logs inside. Please take a look at the logs, and you will see there's no errors, only the ones I already told you, please look closely as they are only patched theme files and not other OS files are affected. That 'corruption' is intended.

Your command:

Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.16299.15 Image Version: 10.0.16299.192 [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully.[/quote]

eXtremeDevil, Feb 8, 2018
  15. zbook New Member
    The file was reposted from 1/18 to 2/9.
    Code: 2018-01-18 17:53:56, Info CBS Exec: Multi-phase offline operation, session will complete after booting into online 2018-01-18 17:53:56, Error CBS Failed to perform operation. [HRESULT = 0x80073712 - ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT] 2018-01-18 17:53:56, Info CBS Session: 1068_314343 finalized. Reboot required: no [HRESULT = 0x80073712 - ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT] 2018-01-18 17:53:56, Info CBS Fail install [HRESULT = 0x80073712 - ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT] 2018-01-18 17:53:56, Info CBS Failed to finalize session: 1068_314343[/quote] The windows driver verifier tool is to used to see if there are any misbehaving drivers.
    There were Watchdog problems reported on 2/7.

zbook, Feb 8, 2018
Thema:

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

1. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc - Similar Threads - BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH changes

2. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  3. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  4. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hi, Both of my computers now shut down with the code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH when I try to print anything. ??? Is there a resolve? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apcindexmismatch/efde9070-2fc3-4e5f-a9d2-5495f1fa031e
  5. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apc_index_mismatch: Hi, I get often this blue screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Can you help me to debug that ? I downloaded your tool Beta-Log-collector. Attached my results. Thank you very much for your help, and your time. Cheers, 131747
  6. Apc_index_mismatch

Apc_index_mismatch: My Hewlitt Packard laptop (windows 10 64 bit) gave a light blue screen when I was using it all of a sudden with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then will restart soon (100% complete) If you'd like to...
  7. BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hey! I'm having a hard time figuring out what is causing this BSOD. It started in Windows 8, and after reading around, and trying several things (changing parameters in the BIOS, updating drivers, etc.) I thought (well..hoped..) that upgrading to Windows 10 might solve...
  8. Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: I have a webcam as capture device with 32 bit VLC, and every 2 weeks or so when I start the cam/VLC I get APC mismatch. The system restarts, and I try again - usually takes several attempts (ie crashes) before the cam/VLC works. Webcam is USB Logitech C270 and VLC is latest...
  9. Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]

Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]: Hello Yesterday after coming back to my laptop after about 5 hours I brought it out of standby and whilst doing some work it blue screened with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. I think I was trying to enter the character 1/2 with an ALT code. The error happened 3 times. I ran...
  10. BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch

BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch: I am continuously getting these errors after formats, resets, and everything i can think of. I've been told the hardware checks out and it must be a software issue, any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated. 36401