Windows 10: BSOD appears when I shut down

Discus and support BSOD appears when I shut down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I press the shut down button my PC crashes with blue screen so I have to perform a hard shut down to turn it off. Then I press the power button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Asia Burch, Mar 4, 2020.

1. BSOD appears when I shut down

When I press the shut down button my PC crashes with blue screen so I have to perform a hard shut down to turn it off. Then I press the power button and my PC starts up and I can work on it until the next shut down

:)

Asia Burch, Mar 4, 2020

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Mar 4, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond BSOD appears when I shut down :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 4, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD appears when I shut down

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

BSOD appears when I shut down

1. BSOD appears when I shut down - Similar Threads - BSOD appears shut

2. Error appear when i shut down computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error appear when i shut down computer.: The instruction at 0x00007FF C57663ACA referenced memory at0x0000000000000024. The memory could not be written https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-appear-when-i-shut-down-computer/70a96756-f1d9-4ac0-aafb-fce3d71834a8
  3. Error appear when i shut down computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error appear when i shut down computer.: The instruction at 0x00007FF C57663ACA referenced memory at0x0000000000000024. The memory could not be written https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-appear-when-i-shut-down-computer/70a96756-f1d9-4ac0-aafb-fce3d71834a8
  4. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  5. BSOD when shutting down

BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  6. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when shut down: When I tried to shut down or restart my PC, BSOD occurred with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stopcode. Below is the minidump files I copied from C:\Windows\Minidumphttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1uWGua9BwWT5gyC_GytpW62uUM6PksK75/view?usp=sharingPlaease help me to fix this...
  7. gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer: Hello, When I shutdown the computer then I always get "gvrbackgroundwindow3" is open and forcing to stop the shutdown or restart process. I have checked all the process in task manager, autorun, process explorer and procmon but there was no such program running in the...
  8. gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer

gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer: Hello, When I shutdown the computer then I always get "gvrbackgroundwindow3" is open and forcing to stop the shutdown or restart process. I have checked all the process in task manager, autorun, process explorer and procmon but there was no such program running in the...
  9. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when shutting down: No idea why this is happening, but whenever i try to shut down my computer after using it, it does not shutdown, instead, it stays on, screen goes dark, then restarts itself. It creates a dump file so im pretty sure its a bsod, i have all drivers update so there is no reason...
  10. What is this message that appears when i shut down the laptop??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is this message that appears when i shut down the laptop??: So there is a issue that i have been facing. Sometimes when i shutdown my laptop, the screen flickers for a fraction of second during the process. Irecorded it and here is the screenshot from that video when the screen flickers. It shows this for a fraction of second and...