Windows 10: BSOD at random intervals, error code 0x00000050

Discus and support BSOD at random intervals, error code 0x00000050 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've had this Dell laptop for about a year. A few months ago, it started blue screening, pulling a "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA" message, along... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by reginaskywalker, Dec 5, 2016.

1. BSOD at random intervals, error code 0x00000050

Hi,

I've had this Dell laptop for about a year. A few months ago, it started blue screening, pulling a "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA" message, along with the bug code 0x00000050. I downloaded BlueScreenView, to find that the error apparently originated in ntoskrnl.exe, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I did a memtest, but it came back clean. About two months ago, I tried speaking to Dell, and after remotely accessing my system and scanning for errors, the only thing they could tell me is that the system had to be wiped. I didn't want to do that, and it stopped doing it for about a month and a half, so I figured it was fine, maybe just some sort of fluke or something. For different reasons, I wiped the system about a week ago. My issue started again last night. It's blue screened twice in the last 12 hours, pulling the same error codes and messages as before.

As per instructions, I've uploaded my dump file. If you need anymore information, let me know and I will gladly give it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

:)

reginaskywalker, Dec 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD at random intervals

Hi BalticUser,

I need more information so that I can identify the cause of the issue. Have you recently made any changes like updates, installed a software, etc... before this issue happened?
    I suggest that you perform a clean boot to disable non-Microsoft services and check if the issue persists. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click here.
    After troubleshooting, refer to How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting found in the same article.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 BSOD at random intervals

Hello,

I keep getting "IRQL not less or equal" and "attempted to write readonly memory" BSODS.

System information and mini dump file can be found here: BSOD – Google Drive

System runs smoothly in safe mode, RAM verification did not return any errors.

Any help is appreciated.

BalticUser, Dec 5, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD at random intervals, error code 0x00000050

You appear to be running illegal software. Please remove it then run DM_Log_collector and upload the zip file again.

Ztruker, Dec 6, 2016
  5. Sorry. Here is the updated dump file. I've blue screened 3 more times since I posted this message, once with BSV telling me the issue was caused by the driver ndis.sys (though with the same error message and code,) the others still saying caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

reginaskywalker, Dec 6, 2016
  6. lifetec Win User
    All the dumpfiles of december are:
    Code: BugCheck 50, {ffffe380006f56d8, 0, fffff80368cab832, 2} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys[/quote] Driver Description: Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver
    Driver Update Site: OEM

Update this driver from your supportpage http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...laptop/drivers under network.
    You have Name [00000001] Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz)
    Advice: update all your other drivers to the latest version from this supportpage.

lifetec, Dec 6, 2016
  7. Driver Description: Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver
    Driver Update Site: OEM

Update this driver from your supportpage http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...laptop/drivers under network.
    You have Name [00000001] Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz)

Advice: update all your other drivers to the latest version from this supportpage.[/quote] Cheers! *Smile

In addition to updating the network driver, I let Dell update run to check for outdated drivers, it found four, plus an outdated BIOS. Let it download and install all of them. So far, so good - but I literally just updated everything and restarted, so I will let you know about the BSOD situation tomorrow. Will let the laptop run all night tonight to see if it blue screens. Thanks for the assist!

reginaskywalker, Dec 6, 2016
  8. BSOD at random intervals, error code 0x00000050

Well, I let the computer run all night, and everything was great until about 4 am. It appears the previous issue has been corrected, but I'm now getting a new error. It's only blue screened the once so far, and the error I get is "memory_management" with error code 0x0000001a, and according to BSV, it was caused by tcpip.sys. Here are the dump files that I just pulled. Thanks in advance for any help.

reginaskywalker, Dec 7, 2016
  9. lifetec Win User
    The last dumpfiles is
    Code: BugCheck 1A, {4477, deadbf07, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption[/quote] Usual causes:* Device driver, memory, kernel
    As you can see it again blames your Dell wireless driver.
    Only this time also there is a mentioning ofwin32k.sys. This is a windows system driver, Driver Description: Full/Desktop Multi-User Win32 Driver - in System 32 folder (name changed to Full/Desktop in Win10TP)

Are you using a particuliar program or ? around the time the BSODs is/are happening.

To be sure there are no problems with windows system files .
    Use SFC to check and repair windows systemfiles.

See this tutorial SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials
    Maybe it is also useful to test your memory again. with memtest 86+.
    Memory Test.
    Please start with diagnosing the system RAM first. You can use the free tool "Memtest86+" to stress test the RAM.

How to run "Memtest" - RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Tutorials
    Make sure you are using the latest version 5.01 - Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

You can stop the test even if a single error is found during the test. Otherwise continue the test for 8-10 passes and post a screenshot with next reply. 8 passes is the recommended bare minimum but more passes will give better result.

lifetec, Dec 7, 2016
  10. Usual causes:* Device driver, memory, kernel
    As you can see it again blames your Dell wireless driver.
    Only this time also there is a mentioning ofwin32k.sys. This is a windows system driver, Driver Description: Full/Desktop Multi-User Win32 Driver - in System 32 folder (name changed to Full/Desktop in Win10TP)

Are you using a particuliar program or ? around the time the BSODs is/are happening.

To be sure there are no problems with windows system files .
    Use SFC to check and repair windows systemfiles.

See this tutorial SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

Maybe it is also useful to test your memory again. with memtest 86+.
    Memory Test.
    Please start with diagnosing the system RAM first. You can use the free tool "Memtest86+" to stress test the RAM.

How to run "Memtest" - RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Tutorials
    Make sure you are using the latest version 5.01 - Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

You can stop the test even if a single error is found during the test. Otherwise continue the test for 8-10 passes and post a screenshot with next reply. 8 passes is the recommended bare minimum but more passes will give better result.[/quote] With the blue screens before, it was completely random. Didn't matter if I was running a game, Chrome, Skype, Utorrent, or any combination of them. With the memory_management BSOD, it happened while I was running Utorrent with an active download and Skype running in the BG (not being used, but running. I hardly ever turn off Skype.) I haven't turned Utorrent back on since the single memory_management BSOD and haven't BSOD'd since, though it's worth mentioning that a lot of that non-BSOD time was spent running memtest.

I ran the SFC scan requested, and it found nothing wrong. That was the first thing I did after seeing this message yesterday.

I ran memtest for 10 and a little over a quarter passes (which took about 14 and a half hours) and it found no errors.

Attachment 112938

reginaskywalker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD at random intervals, error code 0x00000050

1. BSOD at random intervals, error code 0x00000050 - Similar Threads - BSOD random intervals

2. Random BSOD at random intervals

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD at random intervals: Hello, I have been having troubles as of recent with random BSOD errors that happen at random times. I initially thought that it may have something to do with my ram as I have had troubles with it in the past, although I have used the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and no...
  3. BSOD with random errors at random intervals

BSOD with random errors at random intervals: Hello, So a while back I upgraded my PC, since then i've been getting bsod at random times with random errors. I've tried alot of things like checking the health of memory and storage. Reinstalled windows 10. Now about 3 weeks ago I updated my motherboard software by...
  4. random BSOD 0x00000050 & 0x000000be

random BSOD 0x00000050 & 0x000000be: Hi, a few days ago my pc started to have random crashes. This morning got an BSOD while transcoding a video with Handbrake. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xffffc907b801ca18, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffc907affc53ba, 0x0000000000000002) Yesterday i got different BSOD while PC...
  5. BSOD crashes in random intervals

BSOD crashes in random intervals: Throughout the day my computer will BSOD each time it will say a different reason and I will be doing something completely different each time. Sometimes I am gaming, watching live streams, or absolutely nothing. Thanks in advance for any help you guys give me. 51825
  6. BSOD playing The Witcher 3 or TerraTech error code 0x00000050

BSOD playing The Witcher 3 or TerraTech error code 0x00000050: Hello, i have resently built a new gaming/development machine for my self and have been Page fault in non-paged area on Blue screening. attached is the minidumps along with all the other required information. i look forward to your responces to help me out Kind...
  7. BSOD at Random Intervals, error 0x0000001e

BSOD at Random Intervals, error 0x0000001e: I've been constantly getting BSOD at random times ever since I updated to Windows 10. It usually happens when I am playing a game, but can also randomly happen when I'm just browsing on the internet. Attachment 108547 68650
  8. Regular BSOD at random intervals

Regular BSOD at random intervals: Hello all Hoping someone can help shed some light on the problems I'm having. Recently up(down)graded to W10 and ever since I've had no end of instability issues resulting in BSOD's. So far I've updated all my drivers which stopped the BSOD's for a few days but now they're...
  9. Many Different BSOD Errors At Random Intervals

Many Different BSOD Errors At Random Intervals: Hi, I've been having seemingly random BSOD's over the past couple of months. I recently reset my BIOS and this went away for a week, however, earlier today I received another. Oddly enough, the first time I ran the DM log collector utility this also Bluescreened the...
  10. BSOD at random intervals. Multiple error codes.

BSOD at random intervals. Multiple error codes.: Hi all, I'm dealing with a rather perplexing BSOD issue that seems to have cropped up on my Surface Pro 3 after installation of the new Jan 20 firmware update pushed out by Microsoft that included the Intel microcode to patch the Spectre/Meltdown vulnerabilities. It's...