Windows 10: BSOD at random(?) moments..

Discus and support BSOD at random(?) moments.. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear forum-reader, Recently I'm having quite often BSOD's.. Most of them are FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RanDX, Sep 20, 2016.

1. RanDX Win User

BSOD at random(?) moments..

Dear forum-reader,

Recently I'm having quite often BSOD's..
    Most of them are FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL..

I've already run memtest86+, from which I came to the conclusion that one of the two RAM DIMMs is faulty. (And thus took than one out). HDtune's health scan doesn't show any bad sectors. Also no hardware was added recently and only updated the regular windows updates..
    But still the blue screens continue.

Kind regards,
    Rob

Edit: 2 more resent BSOD errors added..

:)

RanDX, Sep 20, 2016
  2. Clark Ari Win User

WINDOWS 10 FREEZING AT RANDOM MOMENTS, 100% DISK USAGE

Hi Mateus,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted device driver, or corrupted system files. For us to investigate the issue about downloading the Steam application, kindly provide the answers to the following questions:

• During what activity and program do you encounter the issue?
    • Have you tried running your device in safe mode and check if the issue is the same? To do so, follow the steps on this
      link.
    • If any, can you provide us a screenshot of the error message?

If in case that you've missed some troubleshooting steps to improve your PC performance after installing your new SSD, you can follow the steps in this article:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10.
    The article contains step by step instruction to resolve your issue and improve the performance of your device.

If the issue persists, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on this link.
    The article will explain the step-by-step process on how to perform a clean boot in Windows. Also, check if you'll still experience the issue in the clean boot environment.

Once you're done troubleshooting, we recommend that you check the How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting section on the link we've provided to revert your device to normal boot.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Sep 20, 2016
  3. WINDOWS 10 FREEZING AT RANDOM MOMENTS, 100% DISK USAGE

Hello, I recently bought a new ssd, Samsung 960 EVO 500GB and installed it in my configuration:

Mainboard: MSI Z97-G45 GAMING (MS-7821)

BIOS: AMI (OEM) V2.6 12/24/2014

Total memory: 15.5GB DDR3 DIMM

Processors

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (4C 8T 4GHz, 4GHz IMC, 4x 256kB L2, 8MB L3)

Socket / Slot: FC LGA1150

Chipset

Memory Controller: MSI Core (Haswell) 100MHz DRAM Controller, 2x 8GB DDR3 1.33GHz 128-bit DIMM

Memory Module (s)

Memory Module: Kingston KHX2400C11D38GX 8GB DDR3 DDR3 PC3-19200U DDR3-2400 (9-9-9-25 4-34-10-5)

Memory Module: Kingston KHX2400C11D38GX 8GB DDR3 DDR3 PC3-19200U DDR3-2400 (9-9-9-25 4-34-10-5)

Video System

Monitor / Panel: Samsung U28E590

(3840x2160, 27.5 ")

Monitor / Panel: Samsung SMT27A550

(1920x1080, 27.0 ")

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (13CU 1664SP SM5.2 1GHz / 1.39GHz, 208kB L2, 4GB 7GHz, PCIe 3.00 x16)

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (13CU 1664SP SM5.2 1GHz / 1.39GHz, 208kB L2, 4GB 7GHz, PCIe 3.00 x16)

Graphics Processor

OpenCL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (1664SP 13C 1GHz / 1.39GHz, 208kB L2, 4GB 7GHz)

DirectX 11 device (s): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (1664SP 13C 1GHz / 1.39GHz, 208kB L2, 4GB 7GHz)

OpenGL: GeForce GTX 970 / PCIe / SSE2 (4GB)

OpenGL: GeForce GTX 970 / PCIe / SSE2 (4GB)

Storage Devices

Seagate ST3000DM001-1E6166 (3TB, SATA600, 3.5 ", 7200rpm): 3TB (D :

OCZ-AGILITY3 (120GB, SATA600, SSD): 112GB (C:

Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB (500.1GB, PCIe3x4 / NVMe, SED): 466GB (E:

My account

LPC Hub Controller # 1: MSI 9 Series Family Chipset Z97 LPC Controller

Audio Device: HD MSI Core Audio Driver (Haswell)

Audio Codec: Intel 2807

Audio Device: MSI series 9 family HD audio driver chipset

Audio Codec: Realtek Semi 0900

Disk Controller: MSI 9 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller [AHCI Mode]

Disk Controller: Samsung NVMe SSD Controller SM961 / PM961

USB Controller # 1: MSI 9 Series Family USB Chipset xHCI Controller

USB Controller # 2: MSI 9 Series Family USB EHCI Controller # 2 Chipset

USB Controller # 3: MSI 9 Series Family USB EHCI Controller # 1 Chipset

SMBus / i2c # 1 Controller: Intel ICH SMBus

Network Services

Network adapter: Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Ethernet, 100Mbps)

Network adapter: Evolve Virtual Ethernet Adapter (Ethernet)

But I get random freezes at any time during hard use or just getting idle ...

I have tried everything I can think of, disabled the Superfetch, Windows Search, etc, updated the drivers, put the power mode in high performance.

Please Help me !

MateusPizini, Sep 20, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi RanDX,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

If requested please run HDTunes and MemTest86+ again.

Please cleanup your partitions that have less than 15% free space by moving files to another partition or deleting files.
    Windows needs 15% free space to not annoy the user about background stuff.
    Please check with Samsung Magician your SSD(s) for firmware updates

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

BSOD at random(?) moments.. [​IMG]

BSOD at random(?) moments.. [​IMG]

5. RanDX Win User
    I updated the SSD firmware. Only at the first attempt to update I had a bluescreen just at the reboot luckily..
    And both partitions have 20%+ free disk space..

I haven't had much time to test my system recently.. But I'll get back to this thread I have updates or it stops accuring..

(And the system specs are updated.)

RanDX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD at random(?) moments.. - Similar Threads - BSOD random moments

2. Random BSOD at Windows 11 regardless of the application used at that moment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD at Windows 11 regardless of the application used at that moment: Hi there,I'm currently having random BSOD at Windows 11 every day when using my HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01.I already tried a fresh Windows install, I used the HP support application to update my drivers, etc. but the BSOD still remains.Please, could anyone take a look to...
  3. Random BSOD at Windows 11 regardless of the application used at that moment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD at Windows 11 regardless of the application used at that moment: Hi there,I'm currently having random BSOD at Windows 11 every day when using my HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01.I already tried a fresh Windows install, I used the HP support application to update my drivers, etc. but the BSOD still remains.Please, could anyone take a look to...
  4. PC freezes and crashes in random moments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes and crashes in random moments: 1 week ago i launched my pc and i saw something unusual it was launching much longer than usual, but i didnt really care i launched my favorite game and after 15 mins entire system froze and crashed i checked if there was the same issue with other games and it was. I tried...
  5. BSOD at random moments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD at random moments: Hello dear community,I am getting BSOD at "random moments" since 1 year. It was at a tolerable frequency like one per month. But now since one month I am getting at least 2 BSOD per day. I did everything I could to fix it myself. List of things I've already done are...
  6. BSOD at random moments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD at random moments: Hello dear community,I am getting BSOD at "random moments" since 1 year. It was at a tolerable frequency like one per month. But now since one month I am getting at least 2 BSOD per day. I did everything I could to fix it myself. List of things I've already done are...
  7. My laptop restart in random moments

My laptop restart in random moments: Nastąpił ponowny rozruch komputera po operacji wykrywania błędów. Wyniki tej operacji były następujące: 0x00000050 0x00007ffd375ec9da, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff80268477242, 0x000000000000000f. Zrzut zapisano w: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Identyfikator raportu:...
  8. BSOD at any moment

BSOD at any moment: Hi, i´m a simple user, i don't speak english. Could you help me with this? https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkbrRyWMN82KiRCYrbR6XfOFi1vK?e=LMzTHs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-at-any-moment/4f4b4c50-627e-47ad-9b78-96a39d656372
  9. Several different types of BSoD at random moments

Several different types of BSoD at random moments: As the title says, I've been recently experiencing different kinds of BSoD (irql_not_less_or_equal, Critical_structure_corruption, etc.) while doing all kinds of things, from gaming to just browsing the web. I've been trying to fix it using google to help me troubleshoot it,...
  10. NETIO.sys error on BSOD on rather random moments

NETIO.sys error on BSOD on rather random moments: Hello, my PC (laptop, win10, about 3 years old) started to fall to BSOD quite often about month ago. It never did that before. The crashes happen mostly while doing some office work while having both Word and Excel 2016 open and also google chrome with multiple tabs. The...