Windows 10: BSOD at random times ever since PC was built

Discus and support BSOD at random times ever since PC was built in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built my PC last year and have been getting random BSODs ever since. I have reinstalled and updated Windows 2 or 3 times, but it has no effect. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dicedburrito, May 19, 2017.

1. BSOD at random times ever since PC was built

I built my PC last year and have been getting random BSODs ever since. I have reinstalled and updated Windows 2 or 3 times, but it has no effect. I even rebuilt my PC recently, which stopped BSODs for a few days, but now they are happening again. I thought it could be the ram, but I ran memtest and I got 19 passes with 0 fails.
    I don't know if this is relevant, but in some games, when I load in to a world, I get stuttering for 30 seconds to a minute, until I think the world/map has loaded properly (e.g COD IW, GTA 5).

Any help is appreciated, thanks.Attachment 135855

:)

dicedburrito, May 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 freezing at random times ever since the Fall Update

Hi Kojain,

There may have been software incompatibilities that is why you are experiencing random freezing Windows 10 after the Fall Creators update. You may refer to the post made by Jasond_802 dated November 5, 2017 by clicking this

link
    . This post has been a big help to a lot of Community members and it may also be the solution to the issue that you are facing.

You can also check the post of Andre Da Costa MVP dated November 18, 2017 from this

link
    for the steps in downgrading to the previous Windows Version.

Note:

It is always a good practice to back up your important files to avoid any inconveniences.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 19, 2017
  3. Kojain Win User
    Windows 10 freezing at random times ever since the Fall Update

This has been happening to me ever since I updated about a few months ago. My PC will freeze up at random times rather it be simply browsing or playing a game. I've done everything from update my drivers to lower the performance of my PC and it'll still
    freeze up anytime. I'm really getting vexed by this and I'm considering using my old Windows 7 CD to downgrade. Is there ANY situation to this ordeal? It's been months now!!

[ Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup ]

Kojain, May 19, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD at random times ever since PC was built

Several of the dumps indicate memory_corruption, one indicates a problem with your Nvidia card or driver:
    Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8046a9579f2, ffffce00602e4de8, ffffce00602e4620} Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+5779f2 )[/quote] Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

There is also a problem with athwnx.sys.
    Code: ffffce00`602e42c8 fffff804`69a4858b*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athwnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athwnx.sys athwnx+0x13858b[/quote] Driver Description: Driver for Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN (CB42/CB43/MB42/MB43) Network Adapter device driver.
    The one you have is dated Tue Mar 1 03:39:03 2016. Check to see if therir is a newer one available.

Ztruker, May 21, 2017
  5. Thanks, I'll try that and update you

dicedburrito, May 21, 2017
  6. I reinstalled Nvidia drivers and could not find an updated driver for the wireless adapter, but unfortunately I got one a few hours later. I've attached a dump. This time the reason was VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR.Attachment 136244

dicedburrito, May 22, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Code: ffff9700`1f199730 fffff807`74001c07*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x81c07[/quote] Still indicating a problem with your Nvidia card or driver.

Use DDU again and as I stated before, do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

Try some of the older Nvidia drivers: NVIDIA

Ztruker, May 23, 2017
  8. BSOD at random times ever since PC was built

Yeah before I reinstalled the drivers, I did a DDU. I'm not sure what else to do?

dicedburrito, May 25, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Try older drivers is all I can think of, or replace the Nvidia card.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD at random times ever since PC was built

1. BSOD at random times ever since PC was built - Similar Threads - BSOD random times

2. Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC: Hi! It's my first time posting on this forums so please bear with me. I'm at my wits end with my PC. It just keeps doing random BSOD or just hanging up when I'm doing stuff or playing, heck even on idle. I have been experiencing this problem since the beginning. Most of my...
  3. Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC: Hi! It's my first time posting on this forums so please bear with me. I'm at my wits end with my PC. It just keeps doing random BSOD or just hanging up when I'm doing stuff or playing, heck even on idle. I have been experiencing this problem since the beginning. Most of my...
  4. PC get random BSOD error and restarts multiple times ever since an update a couple weeks ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC get random BSOD error and restarts multiple times ever since an update a couple weeks ago: I updated my PC a couple of weeks ago and ever since then I have been having this issue. I will log on and after a few seconds I will get a BSOD and have any of these errors pop up: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
  5. Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.

Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.: The may 2019 update forced itself upon my computer at the end of August and ever since I have been plagued with BSODs with the vague descriptor of "critical_process_died". These BSODs never generate dump files, the BSOD just sits at 0% indefinitely while my CPU fan whirs up...
  6. Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever

Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever: Imgur: The magic of the Internet Randomly happened after like 4+ hours of playing a game that I have been playing for a month straight with no issues.This is a first time this error happened. Posted dumpfile below. 136804
  7. Newly Built PC random BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly Built PC random BSODs: I just built this PC and I keep getting random BSODs. I used driver verifier and it showed that there is a issue with the sound driver. I updated it, but I still get the bsods but am not sure if it is for a different reason. . The PC also started randomly stuttering after the...
  8. Random Bsods since i built my new pc, Help?

Random Bsods since i built my new pc, Help?: built this new pc and it works well but randomly has bsod, here are dump files. dont remember what i was doing for most of the bsods but more than likely it was gaming. if not it would be browsing the web or streaming Thanks in advance 49791
  9. Random BSOD's on a New Built PC

Random BSOD's on a New Built PC: Hey Guys, It's been around two weeks since my new build. I have been getting BSOD's randomly. Sometimes, it may run for days without BSOD's. This is my first time building a PC. So, i'm not good at diagnosing these problems. Any help would be appreciated. *Smile 48721
  10. multiple BSOD's ever since i built my new

multiple BSOD's ever since i built my new: Hi, Long story short, 2 days ago i built my new pc and ever since I've been struggling with BSoD's all over the place, crashes immediately when i join a CSGO game, and sometimes crashes even when i'm just browsing. The crashes are mostly - MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ,...