Windows 10: BSOD at seemingly random intervals, mostly while gaming or browsing

Discus and support BSOD at seemingly random intervals, mostly while gaming or browsing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently essentially built a new computer (old case and old ssd+hdd, everything else new) and have been getting BSODs. I did the build around a month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by transflux, Dec 7, 2016.

1. transflux Win User

BSOD at seemingly random intervals, mostly while gaming or browsing

I recently essentially built a new computer (old case and old ssd+hdd, everything else new) and have been getting BSODs. I did the build around a month ago and got a couple BSODs less than a week later but they stopped so it seemed fine. However, the past couple of days, I have been getting them again, and more frequently. They are mostly MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION, at least one was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. They happen usually while using Chrome or playing Overwatch, but have happened while doing other things as well, including using various programs such as Speccy trying to figure out what was going on.

CPU: Intel i5-6600k
    GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480
    MB: ASUS Z170-AR
    RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    PSU: EVGA 650 GQ

I have attached my DM Log Collector zip.

:)

transflux, Dec 7, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD at random intervals

Hi BalticUser,

I need more information so that I can identify the cause of the issue. Have you recently made any changes like updates, installed a software, etc... before this issue happened?
    I suggest that you perform a clean boot to disable non-Microsoft services and check if the issue persists. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click here.
    After troubleshooting, refer to How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting found in the same article.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 BSOD at random intervals

Hello,

I keep getting "IRQL not less or equal" and "attempted to write readonly memory" BSODS.

System information and mini dump file can be found here: BSOD – Google Drive

System runs smoothly in safe mode, RAM verification did not return any errors.

Any help is appreciated.

BalticUser, Dec 7, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Most recent dump shows:
    Code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c) A fatal Machine Check Exception has occurred.[/quote] This is a pretty good article on how one person debugged a 9C BSOD.
    Debugging a BugCheck 9C Software Sleuthing

The one before that was from when Driver Verifier was enabled:
    Code: 2: kd> !verifier Verify Flags Level 0x000209bb STANDARD FLAGS: [X] (0x00000000) Automatic Checks [X] (0x00000001) Special pool [X] (0x00000002) Force IRQL checking [X] (0x00000008) Pool tracking [X] (0x00000010) I/O verification [X] (0x00000020) Deadlock detection [X] (0x00000080) DMA checking [X] (0x00000100) Security checks [X] (0x00000800) Miscellaneous checks [X] (0x00020000) DDI compliance checking ADDITIONAL FLAGS: [ ] (0x00000004) Randomized low resources simulation [ ] (0x00000200) Force pending I/O requests [ ] (0x00000400) IRP logging [ ] (0x00002000) Invariant MDL checking for stack [ ] (0x00004000) Invariant MDL checking for driver [ ] (0x00008000) Power framework delay fuzzing [ ] (0x00010000) Port/miniport interface checking [ ] (0x00040000) Systematic low resources simulation [ ] (0x00080000) DDI compliance checking (additional) [ ] (0x00200000) NDIS/WIFI verification [ ] (0x00800000) Kernel synchronization delay fuzzing [ ] (0x01000000) VM switch verification [ ] (0x02000000) Code integrity checks [X] Indicates flag is enabled Summary of All Verifier Statistics RaiseIrqls 0x7d0440 AcquireSpinLocks 0x32f1a91 Synch Executions 0x14f59a Trims 0x105e03 Pool Allocations Attempted 0x21ce9a6 Pool Allocations Succeeded 0x21ce9a6 Pool Allocations Succeeded SpecialPool 0x21ce9a6 Pool Allocations With NO TAG 0x2b Pool Allocations Failed 0x0 Current paged pool allocations 0x41ea9 for 12516D84 bytes Peak paged pool allocations 0x41eed for 1251B756 bytes Current nonpaged pool allocations 0x2f0b6 for 0878DAD5 bytes Peak nonpaged pool allocations 0x2f0cf for 087D75E8 bytes[/quote] Code: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4) A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. This is because the driver was specified in the registry as being suspect (by the administrator) and the kernel has enabled substantial checking of this driver. If the driver attempts to corrupt the system, bugchecks 0xC4, 0xC1 and 0xA will be among the most commonly seen crashes. Arguments: Arg1: 00000000000000f6, Referencing user handle as KernelMode. Arg2: 0000000000000474, Handle value being referenced. Arg3: ffffce0997902080, Address of the current process. Arg4: fffff80564f315b9, Address inside the driver that is performing the incorrect reference.[/quote] Possible cause was: Speccy64.exe

Ztruker, Dec 9, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD at seemingly random intervals, mostly while gaming or browsing - Similar Threads - BSOD seemingly random

2. PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD: Okay So since few days i have seen my PC Crashes while i am Playing a Game - theres no fixed time to when it will happen it happens anytime No durations Fixed either it will totally restart the pc or it will freeze until i Hard Restart My PC also Before 10 Seconds of freezing...
  3. PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezing While Gaming at Random intervals without BSOD: Okay So since few days i have seen my PC Crashes while i am Playing a Game - theres no fixed time to when it will happen it happens anytime No durations Fixed either it will totally restart the pc or it will freeze until i Hard Restart My PC also Before 10 Seconds of freezing...
  4. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  5. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  6. Seemingly random BSODs while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Seemingly random BSODs while gaming: Hi community, looking for some assistance in troubleshooting an issue I am having.While playing Destiny 2 I have been encountering random BSODs over the last few days. Some of the error messages I have been given include:-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA-irql_not_less_or_equalI...
  7. Random BSODs while gaming/browsing

Random BSODs while gaming/browsing: Let me get straight to it. I have been on Windows 10 since the free upgrade offer. I have had 0 issues up until recently where my PC would randomly crash and most of the BSOD's would list CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Most of the time I would be playing League of Legends and other...
  8. BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games): Hey guys. After installing a new graphics card (msi gtx 1050 ti oc ) on my pc my pc started to make bleeping noises then freezing for a moment. I noticed during this the hard drive was not doing anything (the led of in pc case). This started to get more and more frequent and...
  9. BSOD randomly occurs while gaming/browsing etc.

BSOD randomly occurs while gaming/browsing etc.: Hello, i get a BSDO randomly while playing games or even surfing the web. It happens most times when i perform multitasking like playing a game, using teamspeak and surfing the web. The BSDO itself has no error code. I checked my RAM with mdsched.exe and memtest (it...
  10. Tons of BSODs at seemingly random intervals

Tons of BSODs at seemingly random intervals: So after upgrading to Win 10 I'm starting to get tons of BSODs, and I really have no idea why. So far, I've gotten that I've written down: kmode exception not handled irql not less or equal page fault in nonpaged area kernel security check failure And all of them at...