Windows 10: BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled

Discus and support BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Intel NUC which is having BSOD only at shutdown, with Windows 10. I have narrowed it down to the fast startup feature. If disable it shutdows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoaquimGonçalves3, Oct 12, 2020.

1. BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled

I have an Intel NUC which is having BSOD only at shutdown, with Windows 10. I have narrowed it down to the fast startup feature. If disable it shutdows properly, without BSOD. If it is enabled, it display BSOD just before shutdown. I have latest BIOS and latest drivers.

Can supply crash dumps for analysis.

:)

JoaquimGonçalves3, Oct 12, 2020

2. Abnormal shutdowns with Fast Startup enabled

Thanks Sumit - No, as you say, it's an Intel: i5 (8th gen - 8250U) with Intel UHD 620 graphics, 8 GB RAM and an SSD. I'll have a try with Dell as you suggest. These abnormal shutdowns are definitely not random - they happen on almost all attempts at a
    Fast Startup shutdown, though occasionally shutdown and subsequent startup do succeed. Oddly, full hibernate works correctly.

Michael_A_P, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Abnormal shutdowns with Fast Startup enabled

Hello - I recently (18/6/2018) set up a new laptop(Dell Vostro 5370) which for the most part is running well, but Reliability History shows frequent "Windows was not properly shut down" events, which a sleep study report from powercfg shows are associated
    with transitions into what the sleep study labels as "Shutdown (hybrid)". There are corresponding critical Kernel-Power event ID41 entries in Event Viewer. Turning off Fast Startup seems to work round the issue, but it would be good not to have to do this.
    As well as updating everything in sight I have tried the usual checks with DISM and sfc, and run the hardware checks in Dell's SupportAssist, but they show no problem. I have also run the Boot Performance (Fast Startup) assessment in the Windows Assessment
    Toolkit, but this just reports that it cannot complete the assessment owing to a system crash. Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting steps, or remedies? Thanks...

Michael_A_P, Oct 12, 2020
  4. BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown/hibernate with fast-startup enabled.

I recently updated my windows 10 to v2004. But now whenever I try to shutdown(with fast startup enabled) or hibernate, the screen goes blank and goes to the lock screen. (I don't want
    to disable fast startup or do force shutdown everytime or reset/refresh my os install
    )
    I think the cause of the issue is similar to the one in this.
    But I didn't have any warning with event id 45.

But I see there is an warning in event viewer after the shutdown is initiated. event log

I located the device to be qualcomm wireless driver and tried updating and uninstalling it. But the issue stayed.

Another fact that makes me think its the driver causing the problem is that I can perfectly hibernate or (shutdown with fast startup enabled) in safe mode.

All my drivers are up to date with no issues in functionality. I have tried windows troubleshooter, startup repair, changing boot-order but no help so far.

Shashank D, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled

1. BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled - Similar Threads - BSOD shutdown fast

2. Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix: After restart and modify regedit / group policy / power management I found this solution : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/deployment/fast-startup-causes-system-hibernation-shutdown-failTo fix the bug of the Fast Startup just run this :Shutdown /s...
  3. Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix: After restart and modify regedit / group policy / power management I found this solution : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/deployment/fast-startup-causes-system-hibernation-shutdown-failTo fix the bug of the Fast Startup just run this :Shutdown /s...
  4. When I enable fast startup, I can't shutdown my Laptop!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I enable fast startup, I can't shutdown my Laptop!!!: Somedays ago, I could not shut my laptop, when I disabled fast startup, I can shutdown my pc, but It boots very slowly. Please help me! Any help me very very very very much appreciated. Please reply fast friends....
  5. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown/hibernate with fast-startup enabled.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown/hibernate with fast-startup enabled.: I recently updated my windows 10 to v2004. But now whenever I try to shutdownwith fast startup enabled or hibernate, the screen goes blank and goes to the lock screen. I don't want to disable fast startup or do force shutdown everytime or reset/refresh my os install I think...
  6. Can't Enable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Enable Fast Startup: Hi, guys. I can't see a way to enable fast startup in my H P laptop running W10 Home. I go to the power settings section (following instructions from the Internet). and there is no check box to enable fast startup. Any ideas? Thanks/ 122620
  7. Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?: I've browsed through a few threads on here, and because of that, I was able to figure out how to disable fast startup (which allows me to listen to the startup sound), but also replace it as well since I believe by default, there is no startup sound in Windows 10. However,...
  8. Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup: Hello all, The issue I am currently having is enabling NumLock before the logon, I have modified the corresponding registry key (Find attached my screenshot below) and that works perfectly fine when restarting my PC, however I have fast-startup (Screenshot also below)...
  9. Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled: Hey there! I have this strange problem since I have installed 2x8GB DDR3 memory on my Desktop computer. Sometimes when I start the computer with Fast Startup enabled I have BSOD with ... well you will see in the dmp files - DRIVER IRQ LESS OR EQUAL, NTSOKRNL or...
  10. Fast startup causes shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast startup causes shutdown problem: Turning off Fast startup under Choose what pushing power button solves a shudown problem. Besides cache, what is Windows anniversary sending to the disk before it actually SHUTSDOWN? 64976

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 show bsod when fast startup enabled

2. fast startup bsod