Windows 10: BSOD at startup

Discus and support BSOD at startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I start my computer I get the BSOD saying :) PC had a problem and we are gathering information and will restart. Restart boots normally without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ellaryk, Sep 27, 2019.

1. ellaryk Win User

BSOD at startup

When I start my computer I get the BSOD saying BSOD at startup :) PC had a problem and we are gathering information and will restart. Restart boots normally without a problem.

How do I attach the zip file I created with the files specified in the BSOD post?

Can you tell me what's going on?

:)

ellaryk, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD on startup?

The problem is the laptop (specs in signature) not rig in system specs.

Sometimes when I switch it on, Vista loads normally.
    Other times, just after the horizontal 'loading' bars and before the Vista orb appears, I get a BSOD of Nvlddmkm.sys or Nvlddmkm.dll then the laptop reboots, BSOD's, reboots... it can happen like 5 times!

I've been googling all morning but apparently there's no solution to this?

It does the BSOD only during startup. Once Vista loads, it never BSODs not even during a game.

Black Panther, Sep 27, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD at startup

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD at startup :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD at startup [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

BSOD at startup

1. BSOD at startup - Similar Threads - BSOD startup

2. Rdyboost bsod on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rdyboost bsod on startup?: Hi there!I've had troubles with my windows in recent times, as it can happen on startup that I incur in a bsod with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" errors.I've already checked all the drivers and updates on an interesting note, I've done a rollback on...
  3. Rdyboost bsod on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rdyboost bsod on startup?: Hi there!I've had troubles with my windows in recent times, as it can happen on startup that I incur in a bsod with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" errors.I've already checked all the drivers and updates on an interesting note, I've done a rollback on...
  4. Consistent BSOD on fresh startup

Consistent BSOD on fresh startup: As the title says I've been getting regular BSOD on my desktop especially on fresh startup. It will crash around 3 to 4 times before it will actually stabilize. From the event viewer errors that I've pasted and searched in google it says it might be video drivers but I've...
  5. Consistent BSOD on fresh startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent BSOD on fresh startup: As the title says I've been getting regular BSOD on my desktop especially on fresh startup. It will crash around 3 to 4 times before it will actually stabilize. From the event viewer errors that I've pasted and searched in google it says it might be video drivers but I've...
  6. BSOD at every startup with different stopcodes each time on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD at every startup with different stopcodes each time on Windows 11: Hi everyone,I really need help with my recent PC. I have had this PC for not even 6-8 months and has always been running very smoothly, custom built by topachat in France, with all drivers and windows always being up to date. Was mainly using it for making games and playing...
  7. BSOD at every startup with different stopcodes each time on Windows 11

BSOD at every startup with different stopcodes each time on Windows 11: Hi everyone,I really need help with my recent PC. I have had this PC for not even 6-8 months and has always been running very smoothly, custom built by topachat in France, with all drivers and windows always being up to date. Was mainly using it for making games and playing...
  8. Sudden BSOD on every startup PC is 2 year old - DPC watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden BSOD on every startup PC is 2 year old - DPC watchdog violation: Hello, I am getting bsod suddenly after approximately 2 years of using my computer, the error code is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, this happens on startup before I even see my desktop screen and the only way to log in os in safe mode. Can you help me find the root cause and solve...
  9. Sudden BSOD on every startup PC is 2 year old - DPC watchdog violation

Sudden BSOD on every startup PC is 2 year old - DPC watchdog violation: Hello, I am getting bsod suddenly after approximately 2 years of using my computer, the error code is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, this happens on startup before I even see my desktop screen and the only way to log in os in safe mode. Can you help me find the root cause and solve...
  10. Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD at startup after recent Win11Pro update, related to GameInput Service: Hello, since updating to the newest version of Windows 11 Pro I've had problems with starting my system. Notably it crashes with a BSOD like 2-3 times at startup and it's a gamble whether it will progress normally or not. It works fine for about 10 seconds and then it...