Windows 10: BSOD at various times. Few minutes after logging in or after manyhours

Discus and support BSOD at various times. Few minutes after logging in or after manyhours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have filled out my system specs page, but please tell me if you'd like them listed here. I am having various BSODs ranging from Page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by luffypanda15, Oct 27, 2015.

1. BSOD at various times. Few minutes after logging in or after manyhours

Hello,
    I have filled out my system specs page, but please tell me if you'd like them listed here.

I am having various BSODs ranging from Page fault in nonpaged area, Page fault in nonpaged area(cpuz138_x64.sys), irql not equal or less, memory management, Pfn List Corrupt, critical structure corruption, something special pool, or something KMODE. (Uninstalling Speccy got rid of the second page fault bsod) I have had plenty and can't remember them all, some even right after the winsplash at boot.

I'm sorry for the vague timing of the BSODs as it does seem to occur at random times during normal usage.

I have tried memtest86+, which gave an infinite amount of errors. Leading me to believe its the ram or a driver being the cause of the BSODs, but I am unable to use driver verifier, because during the part when windows boots, I also get Driver verifier iomanager violation or a blue screen saying errors about winload.exe and ntoskrnl.exe, to which i hit enter and get back into the desktop, and find out driver verifier isn't running when i try verifier /querysettings.

Among other various troubleshooting I have done was trying sfc /scannow and DISM. But those two would never finish. Advanced repair wouldn't go through either on windows or booting from a recovery disk, giving me an error. Trying to download an ISO from techbench crashes my computer too. I believe the recovery disk has errors as it was made while having all these problems.

I have setup an RMA with my ram stick, and have not sent it yet because I am not entirely sure what the problem is.

System and Dump Files
    Attachment 45067

CBS.log
    Attachment 45070

I am completely at a loss as to what the root cause of the problems are.
    Thank you. and please tell me if you need more info.

:)

luffypanda15, Oct 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 x64 BSOD irql not less or equal

Hi there!

I have Lenovo T460s UltraBook with Windows 10 x64 onboard and the same problem but...

BSOD's shows up in very random times. All my drivers are up to date (updated today from official Lenovo site).

Computer starts normally works fine and... BSOD. Last one was few minutes ago. Computer was idle. I've started Windows after BSOD, logged in and did nothing. After 3 or 4 minutes Windows crashed with BSOD.

All factory diagnostics passed.

Memory dump is here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An3BHu_b5TxXiP1kZ9m_ZWe-rJdRaQ

I hope that someone can help me.

Regards

SK

SławomirKubkowski, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Windows found a error on this disk

Hi

But i fixed it by going to virtual memory changing to automatic to no paging file and restart and setting back to default setting

Hardware reserved is only 18.8 mb it was fixed

But i received various BSOD i search about this BSOD and try windows memory diagnostic or mdsched.exe through run and reboot

And started after few minutes the status changes to hardware error has been found but after few minutes it freeze it self and i cant do any think either to reset or shutdown and started again. So there
    is hardware problem and both ram is different but has same ram speed of 1333 MHz. So there is any advice you can give pls give

Regards

Prem Nogiya, Oct 27, 2015
  4. BSOD at various times. Few minutes after logging in or after manyhours

In addition, my system restore points before all of this happening have disappeared. (i have left it at around 5.5 GBs)

Update: tried watching a video on MPC player which was showing artifacts then firefox crashed, and got a memory management BSOD

5. axe0 New Member
    Hi luffypanda15,

Welcome to the 10forums.

This means either a memory stick or slot is causing problems.
    With MemTest86+ it can never be a driver.
    Is the stick tested in another slot?

6. Thanks for the response and the welcoming.

I'll try other slots as soon as I get home today. I didn't think to try in another slot. However, i do remember one time running the test with no errors ( 1 pass cause i got impatient) but there was errors before and after that test.

I guess I should clarify, I believe some of the BSODs were due to drivers, But I possibly fixed the one BSOD it was causing, maybe the the one titled "Page fault in nonpaged area(cpuz138_x64.sys)"

Side note: I was playing the Tree of Savior Beta and it never crashed or BSOD. It was perfect the whole way through.

Thanks again

7. axe0 New Member
    I haven't checked the files yet as I didn't have the appropriate time for it.
    I'll try to get some time for it a.s.a.p.

8. axe0 New Member

BSOD at various times. Few minutes after logging in or after manyhours

Please disable driver verifier
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Enter "verifier/reset" (without quotes)

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD at various times. Few minutes after logging in or after manyhours [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The dumps are mainly caused by memory corruption.

1 driver has been flagged and is the only driver that is old.
    Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus Driver
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm ScpVBus start end module name fffff801`92b50000 fffff801`92b5e000 ScpVBus T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ScpVBus.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys Image name: ScpVBus.sys Timestamp: Sun May 05 23:31:26 2013 (5186CFAE) CheckSum: 00010BD7 ImageSize: 0000E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

9. Take your time. And thanks for the help.
    Sorry for the late responses.
    I'll try those when i get home.

10. Wow, today it played nicely. Each slot gave 0 errors (sorry only 1 pass due to time).

I have disabled driver verifier, and have uninstalled daemon tools. I had the grey box like you brought up.

I have not done anything yet with the scarlet crush productions driver yet.

Thanks

Update: Watching another movie. Almost made 2 hours, then got Attempted Execute of No Execute Memory and Critical Structure immediately after

Memtest is throwing many errors again.

Trying to open geforce experience BSODs with memory issues, not always

luffypanda15, Oct 28, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any recent dump files saved.
    The zip doesn't have dumps from 28th, only 27th.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

12. Ive made sure its set to small minidumps and no restart (with restart did also not generate any). No new dumps are being made in the minidump folder despite the folder date being modified. Im pretty sure Ive had it set at Automatic memory dumps, and it made the minidumps. Would like the MEMORY.DMP file?

I will have to be away from my pc for a few hours, but can still respond to this thread. Sorry

Also last crash was made by nvlddmkm.sys. My gpu driver is up to date

Do you think its a good idea to send in the RAM and respond to this this when i get one back from Crucial?

luffypanda15, Oct 28, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

If you have verified the RAM is faulty, it is a good idea yes.

14. I decided to buy ram that i will use until I get the return from the RMA. No BSODs even after trying to stress my system doing things which would normally crash it. And the winload.exe screen during the windows splash screen disappeared too.

Thanks axe0. Seems like faulty ram was the issue. I'll mark this as solved.

luffypanda15, Oct 30, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome
    Glad I could be of assistance *Smile

Thema:

1. BSOD at various times. Few minutes after logging in or after manyhours - Similar Threads - BSOD various times

2. BSOD a few minutes after start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD a few minutes after start up: My computer has a DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start-up, but when I restart it's fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and repeat. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MQXZQZhVteTSbYPQXF_Yuf43KNad9sjR?usp=sharing here is the minidump folder. I...
  3. BSOD a few minutes after start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD a few minutes after start up: My computer has DPC Watchdog violation after a few min of start up, but when I restart its fine. Next time I start it would go into BSOD again and repeat. Please ask me if you need more info, and thank you....
  4. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  5. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  6. BSOD just minutes after logging in

BSOD just minutes after logging in: This all started after I switched to my AMD gpu, I would get crashes from time to time. The frequency started to pick up within the past month or two. I have reinstalled windows 10, I got it working, but now the BSOD is more frequent. I have tried sfc scannow and cleanup...
  7. BSOD just minutes after logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD just minutes after logging in: This all started after I switched to my AMD gpu, I would get crashes from time to time. The frequency started to pick up within the past month or two. I have reinstalled windows 10, I got it working, but now the BSOD is more frequent. I have tried sfc scannow and cleanup...
  8. BSOD just minutes after logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Bsod after few minutes of sleep

Bsod after few minutes of sleep: Hello people my pc goes off when i want to sleep it first the monitor turn off but other hardware working till few minutes. it worked fine till last two days this is my first topic about this problem Windows 10 is not going to sleep anymore please if anyone help read...
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...