Windows 10: BSOD at various times (incl Youtube, Skype)

Discus and support BSOD at various times (incl Youtube, Skype) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've started getting daily+ BSODs after about 3 months of using my newly built PC. They seem to mostly occur while watching YouTube videos or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bananapyramid, Jan 8, 2017.

1. BSOD at various times (incl Youtube, Skype)

Hi,

I've started getting daily+ BSODs after about 3 months of using my newly built PC.

They seem to mostly occur while watching YouTube videos or using Skype, but have also occurred at other times.

I've attached the dump files. There seems to be a number of missing mini-dumps, I think this is because I did a system restore that went back about two weeks, however the selection of minidumps left is pretty representative of what I've been getting.

Some extra info:

- A couple of weeks ago I removed GeForce Experience from my PC and fully deleted and reinstalled my 1060 drivers. After this I had no BSODs for about a week and a half, however they're now back.

- I did notice that I had very old drivers/software installed for my Microsoft LifeCam which I've deleted just now. The camera had been behaving quite erratically so possibly something going on there.

- Because some of the BSODs were related to ntoskrnl.exe, I've run a memtest which came up with zero errors. Edit: Added photo of 8 pass memtest ran today.

- Once I get one BSOD, the system will often repeatedly BSOD again during Windows boot, or at the log in screen, or just after loading the desktop. It will sometimes do this a number of times in a row until I power the machine off by holding down the power button, or if I manage to initiate a shutdown. After that the system will boot and run fine for a while until it hits the next error.

- Observed weird behaviour directly before BSODs:
    - Youtube videos turn black while audio continues playing, screen might flash black and then a couple seconds later BSODs.
    - Youtube videos otherwise glitch out (sound and video distortions immediately followed by BSOD)
    - Website in Chrome displays error: Chrome can't display this page (not exact message sorry), same error after refreshing page and then BSODs.

- I have had had very few crashes if any while playing more demanding games e.g. Witcher 3.

Any help will be appreciated *Smile

Thanks,
    Andrew

:)

bananapyramid, Jan 8, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

skype cameras not working

Check for updates both for the OS and for any apps in the Store, incl. Skype.

93tid, Jan 8, 2017
  3. karelhuis Win User
    N97 New Firmware coming 1st July 2009

Skype and msn is free with the fring tool, works like a charme! incl Sip cals Fring is available for N97

karelhuis, Jan 8, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD at various times (incl Youtube, Skype)

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

There is quite a bit of evidence that you may have defective memory. I'm interested that you say you ran memtest and found no errors. Please rerun the test. With your 16GB of memory you will require over 24h of continuous testing to complete the required 8 passes. There is no alternative to this if you want to properly test the memory.

BSOD at various times (incl Youtube, Skype) [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.

philc43, Jan 8, 2017
  5. Thanks for your response - I've run memtest again, with the 8 passes as suggested. It only took 11~ hours, do you think this will be sufficient? Photo is attached to edited original post.

bananapyramid, Jan 9, 2017
  6. lifetec Win User
    The dumpfile of 8 jan blames your intel storage driver.
    Code: BugCheck A, {f44f996, 2, 0, fffff801a05525c3} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Update this driver from the supportpage of your mobo GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 (rev. 1.0)

Also update all the other drivers to the latest version (your LAN, audio, intel manegement all have drivers from 2015)

You have BIOS F3 installed, the newer version F6 has Improve DDR XMP compatibility

lifetec, Jan 9, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    I think this is sufficient for now, we have known cases where it has taken more than 8 passes to reveal errors but I just wanted to make sure you had performed the test in the recommended way. For now we will assume the RAM is OK
    @lifetec has suggested an update you should try and I would endorse his recommendation to go through all the drivers updates for your motherboard.

Let us know how you get on.

philc43, Jan 9, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

You should be using memtest86+.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD at various times (incl Youtube, Skype) - Similar Threads - BSOD various times

2. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs: I've been getting mostly Clock Watchdog Timeout and Machine Thread Exception stop errors, this happened to be a system thread exception not handled. I'm really not sure what's going on. I reinstalled Windows, have updated all my drivers, looked on forums, etc. The PC boots...
  3. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BSODs: I've been getting mostly Clock Watchdog Timeout and Machine Thread Exception stop errors, this happened to be a system thread exception not handled. I'm really not sure what's going on. I reinstalled Windows, have updated all my drivers, looked on forums, etc. The PC boots...
  4. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BSODs: Hello, I've been getting a few different blue screens at random times most common while doing nothing on the desktop. Most of my other blue screens are caused by the newly released Halo Infinite and it disagreeing with something, but this one I can't figure out.I've recently...
  5. Various BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSODs: Hello,I am using an Asus Tuf Laptop and for the second time already, I am experiencing multiple types of BSOD error codes.I say for the second time because I've already brought my laptop once for repair for the same reason.The crashes seem to happen whenever I perform an...
  6. Bsod using blender and youtube at the same time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bsod using blender and youtube at the same time.: Last saturday I was working on a project in blender while listening to a youtube video when the pc froze for a couple of minutes, I couldn't do anything but the audio was still playing until it eventually stoped too and then the bsod appeared. Before that I didn't have any...
  7. Various BSODs/crashes at random times

Various BSODs/crashes at random times: I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind. The most...
  8. Various type of BSOD in relatively near time

Various type of BSOD in relatively near time: Hello, hope someone would kindly help me to analyze my problem. My system just got clean-installed to Windows 10 Anniversary 3 weeks ago. Since then three BSOD's has occured to me during relatively near time span. First I was getting DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (0x000000c5),...
  9. Various BSOD

Various BSOD: I thought my BSOD troubles were behind me. No BSOD for a few weeks and now out of the blue they are starting again. The only new piece of hardware I installed was an add on USB expansion like 4 weeks ago and recently I used a multiport 5 in 1 USB reader. I'll post the...
  10. Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time

Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time: My PC seems to have BSOD at random moment, like when playing GTA V, watching youtube, or even 30 seconds after boot up idling, but sometime it can survive 5 hours without single BSOD.. The displayed BSOD cause are also random sometime it's DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or...