Windows 10: BSOD at varying intervals - often after waking computer up

Discus and support BSOD at varying intervals - often after waking computer up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been experiencing some issues with my build for a while now, but they've steadily grown worse. It started during some sessions gaming with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Venali, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Venali Win User

BSOD at varying intervals - often after waking computer up

I've been experiencing some issues with my build for a while now, but they've steadily grown worse.

It started during some sessions gaming with Heroes of the Storm - the whole system would lock up and both of my monitors would go black and the audio would lock up in repetition. This wouldn't resolve itself and I'd have to hard restart the system. The odd thing is that this is the only game that caused the problem, and even now I can usually game fine without running into an issue.

Fast forward a bit and now I'm getting BSODs at odd times. Sometimes when working in Photoshop, other times - and most commonly - when I wake the computer back up from sleep in the morning. The reason tends to be different. This time it was a System Service Exception with Netio.sys, but there have been others in the past that I just can't recall. Index out of bounds was one I think. I've attached my run of the DM Log Collector. Thanks in advance for the help!

:)

Venali, Mar 30, 2017

2. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Mar 30, 2017
  3. Windows 10 BSOD with DMP Files (DPC_Watchdog_violation, Driver_Power_State_Failure)

Last week (12-01-2015) we updated our Church's Projection computer from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. After encountering several issues (some of which I fixed) I am at my wits end and it is time to send you all the DMP files. Here are the symptoms of
    my Gateway FX541S.

At seemingly random intervals all screens will go black, computer remains on and processing the mouse and keyboard go dead as well forcing a manual shutdown and reboot.

Sometimes during bootup/reboot I get a BSOD stating Driver_Power_State_Failure (I have no idea which driver is not waking up).

While using the computer, I often encounter a freeze point, 2 minutes later I receive a DPC_Watchdog_Violation.

The computer worked fine on Windows 7....

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...20&authkey=!AD7WWgBZBRSfL7Y&ithint=folder,zip

First ChurchMexico MO, Mar 30, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Venali *Smile

There is a problem with the graphics driver found in the crash dump file from Mar 21st.

Code: ffff8701`84151d08 fffff801`caca1010Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispiwu.inf_amd64_b67dc924fff8de6d\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x1b1010[/quote] Code: 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`caaf0000 fffff801`cb8c9000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispiwu.inf_amd64_b67dc924fff8de6d\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Dec 29 12:39:24 2016 (586503FC) CheckSum: 00D93045 ImageSize: 00DD9000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] There is a more recent driver you can try from NVidia. The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

philc43, Mar 30, 2017
  5. Venali Win User
    Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I won't be able to force-test this with any regularity, so in the chance the issue persists should I reply in this same thread later with a new set of logs?

Venali, Mar 30, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Yes, add a new set of logs in this thread if the problem persists.

philc43, Mar 30, 2017
  7. Venali Win User
    Just had a random BSOD while watching Youtube, putting in the logs.

Venali, Apr 5, 2017
  8. lifetec Win User

In your first post you mentioned Netio.sys, this is network related.

Your killer network drivers are from bwcW10x64 Tue Jul 07 20:27:00 2015 and e22w10x64 Mon Apr 27 21:36:50 2015
    Driver Description: Killer Bandwidth Control Filter Driver
    Driver Update Site: Download - http://www.killernetworking.com/supp...iver-downloads
    Support - Contact Us
    I would first check if your mobo supportpage has newer drivers http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/...11#support-doc
    Please look at your mobo version 1.0 or 1.1
    Also check/update from this supportpage if there are newer version avaliable for all your other drivers ( intel storage, intel xtreme tuning, intel manegement and marvell sata and realtek audio are from 2015).

Als see if you can update these older drivers.
    Your Razer drivers are from 2014, look for newer drivers.
    Logitech webcamera drivers are from 2011.
    Also your sound HTO Claro has drivers from 2009.

lifetec, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD at varying intervals - often after waking computer up - Similar Threads - BSOD varying intervals

2. Often BSODS after i start my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Often BSODS after i start my computer: HelloCan you help me with my BSOD error? What can cause them and what can i do to stop it from happening?Usually everyday after the first computer boot i may get a BSOD error or 5 minutes after starting up.Here are the dmp files and msinfo...
  3. COMPUTER WILL OFTEN REFUSE TO WAKE UP FROM SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    COMPUTER WILL OFTEN REFUSE TO WAKE UP FROM SLEEP MODE: Of late the computer often will not wake ip from sleep mode using the mouse or keyboard. The computer power light is on so pressing that no help. Am forced to cut power to the computer and then power it back up...
  4. MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS BSoD on waking up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS BSoD on waking up computer: Hey, I have been having this particular BSoD for the last week or so. I've run Windows Update, SupportAssist, and gone into the GeForce experience and even gone through every Device in the Device Manager checking for new drivers. I've run ChkDsk, sfc, and DSIM, but the...
  5. Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep

Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep: After fixing my old problem of a driver state power failure, I've been getting BSOD's after waking my computer up from sleep. The BSOD screen is too pixelated to read and I dont know exactly what could be wrong. I have the DMP file from today. To fix this BSOD I've just...
  6. Computer BSODs Very Often

Computer BSODs Very Often: Guys, I've been tearing my hair out for the past month trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer and I am running out of ideas, I saw someone post something similar here almost 10 years ago and they got helpful responses, so here I am. I'll start with the specs of...
  7. Varying BSOD Issues after reinstall

Varying BSOD Issues after reinstall: Hi, I reinstalled windows due to issues with bsods happening once a day randomly. I tried using driver verifier to identify any problematic drivers and also reinstalled windows. I've removed what appeared to having problems but now am getting generic system errors instead of...
  8. computer often wakes from sle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer often wakes from sle: When I choose to put my computer to sleep it often wakes on its own. How to fix? Thanks for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-often-wakes-from-sle/63fe8105-821c-4581-bec9-07cee53c54db
  9. Varying BSOD's...

Varying BSOD's...: Ok I want to take a moment to say thanks to AXEO for helping me solve my issues! Ok I was experiencing a wide range of blue screen error msg's AKA as BSOD's. IRQL, MEM, READ/write, combined with computer freezing for moment and then speeding up....here is a quick sum up of...
  10. BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode

BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode: I've recently formatted my computer not long ago. So my computer would randomly wake up from sleep mode and I went into power settings to check if any wake up times are on but they weren't on. Now after the BSOD if I try to put it to sleep, the lights stays on and won't go to...