Windows 10: BSOD athrx.usbsys Failed

Discus and support BSOD athrx.usbsys Failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I would appreciate help with this problem which occurs on my wife's custom made PC on which Windows 10 is installed. On more than one occasion while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gordon99, Nov 12, 2016.

1. gordon99 Win User

BSOD athrx.usbsys Failed

I would appreciate help with this problem which occurs on my wife's custom made PC on which Windows 10 is installed.

On more than one occasion while the PC is in use a blue screen comes on with the message "Your PC ran
    into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info. and then we'll re-start for you.
    The screen shows 100% complete. It also shows what failed as " athrx.usbsys." It also shows "Stop Code" System thread exception not handled and https://Windows.com/stopcode.

Now, firstly, the PC does NOT re-start and needs to be switched off and back on to get it back up and running.

The second thing I perhaps explain as it may, or may not, be relevant to the problem is this. Until fairly recently the PC was cable connected to the router. I then decided to re-position the router and replace the connecting cable with a wi-fi dongle that I had had for some considerable time. It maybe that the PC has a built in facility for wi-fi connection but I was unsure, hence the use of the dongle. I am adding this information because I believe, though I may be quite wrong, that "athrx.usbsys" refers to an Atheros network adapter.

Can anyone tell me the probable cause of the blue screen, the failure to automatically re-start and what I need to do to solve the problem. I would appreciate any advice to be kept as straightforward as possible as I failed my PH.D in computer sciences. Many thanks.

:)

gordon99, Nov 12, 2016
  2. macroba1 Win User

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA while upgrading to windows 10

It's clear there is a serious fault in the Windows 10 setup in this BSOD with no recovery - the ISO CD recovery fails with the same BSOD!

macroba1, Nov 12, 2016
  3. Lost my Windows 10 OS when attempting to reset the computer?

Today, I'm trying to attempt (2 times) reset the computer. The first time - failed and also a f***ing BSOD. The second times, reset on the advance mode. Failed (no BSOD). And restart the computer. BAM! The OS has gone.

Gia LacVay Thuong, Nov 12, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD athrx.usbsys Failed

Hello Gordon *Smile

It would help if you could post the files as explained in the BSOD posting instructions. After you have done this we can look at your system in more detail.

philc43, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

BSOD athrx.usbsys Failed

1. BSOD athrx.usbsys Failed - Similar Threads - BSOD athrx usbsys

2. BSOD wdiwifi.sys failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD wdiwifi.sys failed: Hello, I've been receiving many blue screens of death this week on my laptop and I have no idea why. I've had it happen several times within 2 days and the BSOD screen always showed the same cause which read SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and driver failed: mfehidk.sys....
  3. BSOD wdiwifi.sys failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD wdiwifi.sys failed: Hello, I've been receiving many blue screens of death this week on my laptop and I have no idea why. I've had it happen several times within 2 days and the BSOD screen always showed the same cause which read SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and driver failed: mfehidk.sys....
  4. BSOD - bthport.sys failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - bthport.sys failed: I got a Blue Screen of Death recently and the fail error was "bthport.sys" since then, my Bluetooth stopped working. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-bthportsys-failed/8b08342c-ab20-49aa-9263-d8a2c8283954
  5. BSOD - bthport.sys failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - bthport.sys failed: I got a Blue Screen of Death recently and the fail error was "bthport.sys" since then, my Bluetooth stopped working. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-bthportsys-failed/8b08342c-ab20-49aa-9263-d8a2c8283954
  6. BSOD - bthport.sys failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD - Win32F.sys Fail

BSOD - Win32F.sys Fail: Hello, I've been getting several BSOD's for awhile now and am looking for some assistance, I went through and removed a lot of programs today as well as updated my drivers to ensure it wasn't a problem on that side, my computer still proceeded to Blue Screen so I'm here...
  8. USBXHCI.SYS failed BSOD

USBXHCI.SYS failed BSOD: I am getting this crash report almost every day now... Stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED What failed: USBXHCI.SYS Previously I thought it was an error while using the USB 3.0 ports on the top of my tower/CPU. However, this latest time it crashed the only USB activity...
  9. BSoD: Failed-aow_drv_x64_ev

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSoD: Failed-aow_drv_x64_ev: Help me to understand the issue, after facing it multiple time. I did debug the dump file, attaching the same. When Occurs: While i am trying to open "Tencent Gaming Buddy", and this happened for the first time after the last update of WIN10. I have already verified that is...
  10. BSODs, failing mobo?

BSODs, failing mobo?: Hey, what's up all. Recently, over the span of 3 days, I've been experiencing multiple BSODs. First couple times the BSOD was caused by a driver, which I've removed. Despite this, I'm still getting random BSODs (I just had one 20-30 minutes ago), except this time the bug...