Windows 10: BSOD atikmdag.sys, whenever I install AMD driver, Pavilion g6-2055so

Discus and support BSOD atikmdag.sys, whenever I install AMD driver, Pavilion g6-2055so in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Update drivers are causing more trouble than good, its advised to avoid them. I'm not familiair with those drivers you mention. Have you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rasm2931, Aug 8, 2015.

1. axe0 New Member

BSOD atikmdag.sys, whenever I install AMD driver, Pavilion g6-2055so

Windows Update drivers are causing more trouble than good, its advised to avoid them.
    I'm not familiair with those drivers you mention.

Have you tried to remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the drivers as also suggested?

2. rasm2931 Win User

Leshcatlabs are recommended drivers for switchable graphic computers, if manufacturer drivers doesn't work. Yes, I did try the suggestion above. With no luck though. Also tried not installing any drivers from windows update, still nothing.

rasm2931, Aug 25, 2015
  3. axe0 New Member
    Please, please, please use the tool again and upload a new zip file.
    I really need it right now.

4. rasm2931 Win User

Attachment 33972 I think these include recent BSOD's because windows update automatically installed drivers for AMD, before I could "hide" the update.

rasm2931, Aug 25, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    1 of the dump files is invalid because its 0KB, please try to upload it again.
    Also, please verify the size of the dumps, they are located at {windows partition}\windows\minidump.

Because I couldn't find much useful information and a windows driver is blamed please follow these instructions

BSOD atikmdag.sys, whenever I install AMD driver, Pavilion g6-2055so [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

A windows driver is blamed in a crash, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

6. rasm2931 Win User
    I tried that before, nothing came up. I would have to install AMD drivers to try it again, and that could take up a lot of my time, which currently I don't have sadly. Im starting to think it's my integrated AMD graphic card which is destroyed. Since this pc has been used heavily for design stuff, which uses much of the resources from the graphic card. I certainly hope not, cause then I would have to wait for winter, to get enough money for a new pc.

I've tried everything suggested to people with related errors on this forum. So I don't think it can be fixed. Thank you for your time so far. You don't have to keep trying.

How do I delete the thread?

rasm2931, Aug 25, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Have you tested your GPU?

Ask one of the moderators.

8. rasm2931 Win User

Yes, and nothing. But only without AMD drivers installed, because it wouldn't work with them, it would just crash. (using FurMark)

rasm2931, Aug 25, 2015
  9. derekimo Win User
    We don't delete threads, you can just leave it be or mark it solved.

derekimo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD atikmdag.sys, whenever I install AMD driver, Pavilion g6-2055so - Similar Threads - BSOD atikmdag sys

2. HP Pavilion g6 2213 - Graphics & audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion g6 2213 - Graphics & audio drivers: For anyone struggling with one of these, here's a link to my Google Drive. These are the drivers I used with Windows 10; HP-G6-laptop - Google Drive IDT High Definition Audio (Dolby) Radeon HD Graphics 183524
  3. AMD RADEON HD 7670M NOT WORKING - HP PAVILION G6 2205sk - BSOD WATCHDOG VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD RADEON HD 7670M NOT WORKING - HP PAVILION G6 2205sk - BSOD WATCHDOG VIOLATION: Product: HP PAVILION G6 2205sk Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit Hello everyone, i have an HP PAVILION G6 2205sk, and it has 6gb ram, intel i5 3210M 2.5Ghz, Intel HD GRAPHICS 4000, AMD RADEON HD 7670M, but sadly My amd gpu is not working, every time i try to...
  4. Clean installing Windows 10 professional on HP Pavilion g6 notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installing Windows 10 professional on HP Pavilion g6 notebook: Dear Community Members, I have a HP Pavilion g6 notebook running windows 7 64 bit at home . I plan on doing a clean install on to the Windows 10 professional software version. I have checked the Windows 10 hardware/computer specification as listed by Microsoft:...
  5. HP Pavilion g6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion g6: My friend gave me a HP pavilion g6 that needed all information deleted off the hard drive but i accidentally deleted the operating system how do i redownload it[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-g6/e780dc6f-e218-4a2a-bd4a-4e7d3aa1c35c
  6. reading a CD on an HP Pavilion g6

reading a CD on an HP Pavilion g6: my HP pavilion g6 has a DVD reader, but I can't read a CD. shouldn't it read both a CD and a DVD??? or do I need new equipment? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-a-cd-on-an-hp-pavilion-g6/2c68a371-5944-45ce-950b-2b25d86632b6
  7. 03f0 hp pavilion g6

03f0 hp pavilion g6: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop HP PAVILION G6. First, when i turned on the laptop, the system (windows 10) was starting up, after pushing enter the windows circle was turning, but after that - the screen of the laptop tuned off and it wasnt highlighted (the diode and...
  8. BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver

BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver: Hi, I am getting BSODs and the error message it gives is: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) I believe that is the Qualcomm Atheros Network driver, but mine is up to date to the last Windows8 compatible driver on the Atheros website. This leads me to believe...
  9. BSOD (atikmdag+0x48999) in minidump

BSOD (atikmdag+0x48999) in minidump: New Win10 10.0.16299 Build 16299 Samsung MXHPV256HDGL-0000 M.2 system drive Asrock X99 -11 Extreme i7-5930K Saphire Radeon R9 295-X2 with AMD 22.19.677.257 driver This is a dual GPU card Running ServeRaid M5210 SAS raid with 2 arrays 8 rotational disks total Dual EVGA...
  10. BSOD installing AMD graphics driver

BSOD installing AMD graphics driver: Hi, I have been facing this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I try to install AMD Graphics driver, my system crashes. Can someone suggest a solution for this? Thanks in advance!! 81179
Tags: