Windows 10: BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC FF14, WoW

Discus and support BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC FF14, WoW in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have had the same BSOD occur twice over a two month period. Both times I was in a game, Final Fantasy 14 AAR and World of Warcraft, and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bogart, Oct 5, 2017.

1. bogart Win User

BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC FF14, WoW

Hello.

I have had the same BSOD occur twice over a two month period. Both times I was in a game, Final Fantasy 14 AAR and World of Warcraft, and a voice chat server, vent (FF14) and discord (WoW). Both times I was in mid sentence talking. The FF14 one occurred after a small raid of 8 people about a minute after being returned to a normal zone. The WoW was in the middle of a raid with 10 people, including myself, about a minute after killing a boss. Microsoft support has merely told me to update drivers with no further help with the dump files.

I just want to see if anyone here can pinpoint any issues found in the dump files. I have updated as much as possible but some drivers have not been updated by the developers for while. I did this for both BSoDs. I ran memtest after the first BSoD for 8 passes with no errors. Windows hard driver checks and error checking with no errors found. I have run no tests for the Oct 5 BSoD.

The zip below include 3 dump files one of which was a Driver Verifier check named 073117-4812-01.dmp. That dump was me trying to find driver issues. It is not one part of the problem detailed above.

DESKTOP-2V1J967-2017-10-05_221629_51.zip

Thanks for you time

:)

bogart, Oct 5, 2017

2. Windows Phone 8.1 apps+settings Backup error - "There was a problem backing up your settings. Try again later."

As suggested here
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/69be4c02-ff14-4438-8aa3-5aae74b050ee/backup-not-working-there-was-a-problem-backing-up-your-settings-try-again-later?forum=winphoneosissues
    it suffices to delete the previous backup directly on the phone in
    the backups section.

Apparently there is a problem with 8.0 and 8.1 compatibility under certain circumstances.

Simon Mattes, Oct 5, 2017
  3. MB5656 Win User
    My second monitor will not work since windows 10 upgrade, its my tv and like to watch mocies on it. Never had a problem before now what do I do ???

Hi,

This may be due to a setting in Windows 10 that can be easily corrected.

go to the bottom right of the task bar to go to Action Center.then when that is opened follow these steps :

BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC  FF14, WoW [​IMG]

BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC  FF14, WoW [​IMG]

So just above this sentence you might have it set to PC screen only. try to see if the other settings work with your second monitor.

Hope that Helps BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC  FF14, WoW :)

MB5656, Oct 5, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Since there is only 1 dump in the past few months, there is no reason to worry *Smile

axe0, Oct 5, 2017
  5. Spectrum Win User
    Could you compress and then upload C:\Windows\memory.dmp to a file hosting site, and post a link to it here? The crash dumps are pointing to an issue occurring at DPC level, but don't contain enough information (at least I don't see enough to make an educated guess).

Also, have you considered updating to 15063, the Creator's Update? This could be an issue with your Windows install, or a bug that has since been fixed in the newer versions of Windows (however unlikely that is). If Windows Update isn't showing that it is available try using the Update Assistant.

Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Update Assistant Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Spectrum, Oct 5, 2017
  6. bogart Win User
    There is no memory.dmp I can find even with a key search. I googled the file which led me to some information about it. It was not set to make one in the windows settings. I turned it on. I guess the tech that built this system didn't turn it off/on.

Isn't the Creator's Update a beta or test version?

Thanks you.

bogart, Oct 7, 2017
  7. bogart Win User
    I wanted to narrow down which driver it is with Video card driver being hit or miss at times.

Thank you.

bogart, Oct 7, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

The minidump does not blame any driver, which could be due to the limitations of a minidump.

The Creators Update is the most recent stable version of Windows 10.
    From the first release to the most recent release:
    • First stable version- 1507
    • November Update - 1511
    • Anniversary Update - 1607
    • Creators Update - 1703

First 2 digits of the version is the year of release, last 2 are the month.

Upcoming is the Fall Creators Update which will be available to the world on october 17th.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC FF14, WoW - Similar Threads - BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC

2. WOW!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WOW!: Did you know that if you go toC:\WindowsThen go tothe cursors folder then you see an svg file of that cursor?Heres an example.Pretty cool huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0c7f8c10-0f0e-4841-9e03-939e998c745a
  3. WOW!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WOW!: Did you know that if you go toC:\WindowsThen go tothe cursors folder then you see an svg file of that cursor?Heres an example.Pretty cool huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0c7f8c10-0f0e-4841-9e03-939e998c745a
  4. Wow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wow: Windows really is having issues with getting rid of the notifications. I'm getting kind of impatient bc I want to get back on my computer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0bfd372b-973b-4bc8-a1a6-2f2211779a20
  5. Wow

Wow: Windows really is having issues with getting rid of the notifications. I'm getting kind of impatient bc I want to get back on my computer soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wow/0bfd372b-973b-4bc8-a1a6-2f2211779a20
  6. Wow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BSOD when playing WoW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing WoW: While playing World of Warcraft on my ASUS TUF A15 Gaming laptop, the game will lock up for a moment and then suddenly flip to the BSOD and restart. Sometimes it happens right away while playing, other times it will happen after an hour into my playing. Sometimes it will...
  8. BSOD when playing WoW

BSOD when playing WoW: While playing World of Warcraft on my ASUS TUF A15 Gaming laptop, the game will lock up for a moment and then suddenly flip to the BSOD and restart. Sometimes it happens right away while playing, other times it will happen after an hour into my playing. Sometimes it will...
  9. BSOD on wow launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on wow launch: immediate bsod on wow launch, just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and this problem has followed me, there's some extra info at BSOD on wow launch - Windows 7 Help Forums computer: Windows 10 home edition 2 AMD Opteron 4386 nvidia geforce 1060 32 GB memory 116484
  10. BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC while using AOMEI Backupper

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC while using AOMEI Backupper: I have previously backed up successfully without issues. Last night I tried backing up, expecting to see successful completion in the morning, but instead I found my computer had restarted. I downloaded the latest version of AOMEI Backupper & tried again. This time I was...