Windows 10: BSOD ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY What failed: lmfilter.sys

Discus and support BSOD ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY What failed: lmfilter.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ive never had bsod up until a few days ago after i install a folder lock application that required a restart. After restarting i get this bsod stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Qaerus, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Qaerus Win User

BSOD ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY What failed: lmfilter.sys

Ive never had bsod up until a few days ago after i install a folder lock application that required a restart. After restarting i get this bsod stop code at startup:

ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

And it says that lmfilter.sys failed.

I can upload my dump files if need be.

:)

Qaerus, Apr 19, 2021
  2. mmistry5 Win User

Hi

I have recently upgrade a laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have now got the BSOD stating the following message

Any ideas?

Thanks

mmistry5, Apr 19, 2021
  3. ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

Good Afternoon,

My Desktop PC got an ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY error and crashed into a BSOD.

It happened while I was zapping through video files on the Movies & TV app.

The files were recorded on a Nikon D7500 and read from an SD card through an USB 3.0 adapter.

Tiago_Miranda94, Apr 19, 2021
  4. keyzjh Win User

BSOD on playing Dota 2, error ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 9550. Never had BSODs (in any other programs, including more demanding games like Witcher 3) until I installed Dota 2 and started having random BSODs during certain games. The most recent ones are of "ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY" (which dumps I attached here), but I do recall seeing the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' error as well.

I ran memcheck and there were no errors. I also updated the nVidia drivers to the latest versions, but BSOD occured three times today alone during games. What else could be causing the BSODs?

Thank you!

System details:
    Intel core i7-6700HQ
    16GB RAM
    512GB SSD
    Nvidia GTX960M

keyzjh, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY What failed: lmfilter.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY failed

2. BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys: Hi, I have just had a couple of my users which a BSOD with the error: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sysI have the Memory.dmp file, can anyone open it and see what may have caused the issue?...
  3. BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys: Hi, I have just had a couple of my users which a BSOD with the error: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sysI have the Memory.dmp file, can anyone open it and see what may have caused the issue?...
  4. BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY & DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY & DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi, I've been having issues with Windows crashing when using or launching some apps.I work as a photo editor and constantly use a software named "Aurora HDR" and another called "Luminar Neo". Both apps often but not always crash when processing HDR images, both developed by...
  6. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY & DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY & DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi, I've been having issues with Windows crashing when using or launching some apps.I work as a photo editor and constantly use a software named "Aurora HDR" and another called "Luminar Neo". Both apps often but not always crash when processing HDR images, both developed by...
  7. ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY What failed: lmfilter.sys

ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY What failed: lmfilter.sys: Ive never had bsod up until a few days ago after i install a folder lock application that required a restart. After restarting i get this bsod stop code at startup: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY And it says that lmfilter.sys failed. I can upload my dump files if...
  8. BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION What failed: iocbios2.sys

BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION What failed: iocbios2.sys: I followed the instructions in the two links below and came up with some minidump files. BSOD happens about every 48-72 hours....
  9. Bsod attempted_execute_of_noexecute_memory.

Bsod attempted_execute_of_noexecute_memory.: Hey everyone, This is my first post, any constructive criticism is welcome. *Smile This is the first time I have gotten this Blue screen and I am wondering what the culprit could be. Dell's SupportAssist tool claims that my CPU driver is to blame, while WhoCrashed and...
  10. BSOD on accessing tunnel/port, attempted_execute_of_noexecute_memory

BSOD on accessing tunnel/port, attempted_execute_of_noexecute_memory: I am experiencing a very weird BOSD of "attempted_execute_of_noexecute_memory". It happens all the time, when I am accessing a port that I tunneled to a remote server. So for example, I open the tunnel which works fine, and then access it via "localhost:8888" the...