Windows 10: BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC while playing games.

Discus and support BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC while playing games. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Thanks in advance for any assistance. I made a new build recently and keep getting this BSOD while playing games. Specifically the new call... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DevilsDecree, May 1, 2020.

1. BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC while playing games.

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I made a new build recently and keep getting this BSOD while playing games. Specifically the new call of duty; it barely happens in any other games.

OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.815)

Specs:
    CPU: Intel I7 9700k
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero (wi-fi) [Only have the 8pin connected as I didn't have an extra 4 pin cable and it said (optional)]
    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080ti
    RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengence LED 3400Mhz (4x8GB, running at 2133Mhz by default without XMP)
    PSU: CORSAIR CSM Series, CS750M, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular Power Supply
    Cooler: Corsair 115i Pro (link cable is connected to the NZXT Internal 2.0 USB HUB which is connected to the motherboard's USB 2.0 connection)
    M.2: Samsung 950 PRO
    SSD: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO
    HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 3TB Internal Hard Drive HDD 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache (ST3000DDM008-2DM166)
    NZXT Internal 2.0 USB HUB (shares connectors with front of case and corsair link cable)
    Monitors:
    ACER Predator (1440p) 32in QHD Curved Monitor
    ACER 4k Monitor (not sure of the model number I can get it if needed)
    Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M750
    Mouse: Rival 600
    Headset: Sennheiser Game Zero (Plugged directly into the motherboard)

I have the BIOS set to optimized defaults with wi-fi/bluetooth disabled. I have tried leaving it enabled (it didn't matter).

I have tried a fresh windows 10 install on my m.2 drive three times, once with only Microsoft windows update/default drivers, and twice with the manufacture's most recent drivers from ASUS, Nvidia, Samsung, Corsair, and Steelseries directly from their websites.

Windows is fully up to date and I have ran CHKDSK on all 3 drives. I have done sfc /scannow (first time it fixed something, second time no errors).

The computer has passed memtest86 twice (I have the free version so a total of 8 passes), The video card is not overclocked at all, and I have ran FurMark GPU Stress test for 30min with no artifacts and about 65c Temp. I have ran RealBench for 4 Hours with 32BG of RAM, then again for 8 Hours with 32GB of ram (no errors), also CPU temps are fine. I have ran driver verifier for about 8 hours total while using the PC and got no BSOD's, then disabled it to play call of duty and got another ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC BSOD.

Whats the next step... I seem to be out of options here. The only thing I could even think of looking into is the NZXT USB HUB and the corsair link cable, because all the BSOD's seem to be related to "usbccgp.sys" (I used WhoCrashed to look at the dumps), but I don't really know what to look for.

I seem to only have 2 log files, should I delete them and upload a new one each crash or leave them alone and update them on google drive once I get more BSOD's?

Here are the files I have uploaded the files to my good drive: BSOD Issues - Google Drive

Thank you for any help.

:)

DevilsDecree, May 1, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 1, 2020
  3. dimamak Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

Hi,
    From time to time I have ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC BSOD without relation to what I am doing on the laptop.
    As mentioned on some forums I have tried:
    1. Check disk - everything OK
    2. Check RAM - everything OK
    3. Disable windows quick start
    4. Update drivers
    But nothing helped.
    DM log collector file attached - Attachment 125613

dimamak, May 1, 2020
  4. menanico Win User

BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC while playing games.

BSOD playing various games

Hello everyone, i would love to get some help whit my problem. As the title say i get different BSOD when i play games like Dragon age or Assassin creed.
    Here's a link to a post in tomshardware forum, they suggested me to ask in this site: BSOD when playing games - Windows 10 - Toms Hardware
    You can find some information in there, if you need more i will do anything to simplify your job.

menanico, May 1, 2020
Thema:

BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC while playing games.

1. BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC while playing games. - Similar Threads - BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC while

2. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  3. BSOD while playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing games.: I posted this in the general forums section before I really knew what I was doing, but this time I actually followed the proper instructions posting the minidumps, using the v2 log collector, and now I did it right. So for that, I apologize. I have been getting BSODS while...
  4. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  5. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  6. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: My computer crashes to BSOD while playing various games, the BSOD varies from SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED to HAL INITIALIZATION FAILED. The only information I gained while doing a driver check was that cmuac.sys was causing one of the BSOD's...
  7. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: I recently updated my computer by installing a new MB, CPU, RAMs, and an M.2 SSD. I also purchased and installed a new copy of WIN10 professional because of the MB change. It turns on fast and works nicely, except that it goes into BSOD sometimes when I start a game. The...
  8. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Hi, I'm new here and I discover this forum from the HP support. I have BSOD from the half of May when I play some games. The weird thing is that I have the blue screen only on some games not all. Like GTA V or the forest while with other games I'm fine. I'm sure this is not...
  9. BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC )

BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC ): Hello everybody.! I would appreciate any help. Started getting BSOD(Attempted_Switch_From_DPC) almost every other day and I've paid attention that this usually happens when laptop is idle. My laptop is a month and a half old and it shipped with 8GB DDR4 ram soldered in...
  10. Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc

Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc: Hi, the problem I am having is this... When I put my laptop to sleep (by closing the lid, selecting sleep from the start menu or using f4) it seems to go to sleep as it should but when I wake the laptop up, the HDD light flickers as it should and the wireless light comes on...