Windows 10: BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC )

Discus and support BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC ) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everybody.! I would appreciate any help. Started getting BSOD(Attempted_Switch_From_DPC) almost every other day and I've paid attention that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Xishnik2002, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:53 AM.

1. BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC )

Hello everybody.!

I would appreciate any help.

Started getting BSOD(Attempted_Switch_From_DPC) almost every other day and I've paid attention that this usually happens when laptop is idle.

My laptop is a month and a half old and it shipped with 8GB DDR4 ram soldered in MB( base ram speed is 2666mhz but the real working speed that shown in Task Manager is 2400 because of CPU).

So I decided put extra RAM and it turned out that my laptop supports up 48GB RAM so I bought 32GB DDR4 2666 module from Samsung and got 40GB in total. I'm not sure maybe it's coincidence but I started getting these BSODs after these things: installing RAM, updating BIOS, updating Windows system (Cumulative update), using USB type-C adapter with 3-USB and 1-LAN output. I don't know who the culprit is.

Here is the link to the DUMP file, data from Msinfo and Speccy - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjF0Y2tXlq21hAVSSnCL8_95zho4?e=rt8xuI

My laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad T590

Records from Event Viewer:

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 11-Sep-19 11:43:42
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: LAPTOP-1NK0CFUH
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-09-11T07:43:42.347618400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>10925</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>LAPTOP-1NK0CFUH</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">184</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xffff8b019b1a2240</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xffffaf8959368080</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">41</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">3</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

2. dimamak Win User

Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

Hi,
    From time to time I have ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC BSOD without relation to what I am doing on the laptop.
    As mentioned on some forums I have tried:
    1. Check disk - everything OK
    2. Check RAM - everything OK
    3. Disable windows quick start
    4. Update drivers
    But nothing helped.
    DM log collector file attached - Attachment 125613

3. Kensbey Win User
    Regular BSOD crashes since windows 10 upgrade: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

Hi,

Since clean installing windows 10, I have had occasional BSOD crashes that seem to be getting more frequent. BSOD message is usually "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC", but I have occasionally had it crash with "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED".

I tried following the steps here:

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

The system cannot boot while verifier is enabled. I have to boot into safe mode and do verifier /reset to get it to boot again. I have a copy of the minidump files as per the linked page but not sure where to upload.

Thanks

4. BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC )

ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC ntoskrnl.exe when mic disconnected

Hi,

The ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC bug check has a value of 0x000000B8. This indicates that an illegal operation was attempted by a delayed procedure call (DPC) routine.

I suggest you to refer to the link below and try the troubleshooting steps provided and see if it helps to resolve the issue.]

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 11, 2019 at 6:57 AM
Thema:

BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC )

1. BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC ) - Similar Threads - BSOD Attempted_switch_from_DPC

2. Watching Youtube and computer crash. No BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Watching Youtube and computer crash. No BSOD: Watching Youtube video in chrome browser. Suddenly the screen goes black and the speaker makes a weird sound. On Mon 16-Sep-19 8:39:40 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091619-28375-01.dmp This was probably caused by...
  3. Windows 10, ver 1903 with Hyper-V: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout

Windows 10, ver 1903 with Hyper-V: BSOD Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout: Greetings, Since updating to Win 10 version 1903 in the past several weeks, two machines with Hyper-V enabled are BSOD with a Synthetic_Watchdog_Timeout error, noting hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe in the dmp files on both systems. One machine was updated to 1903 that has a...
  4. BSOD: IRQL Not Less or Equal & many diffrent BSOD's after power outage.

BSOD: IRQL Not Less or Equal & many diffrent BSOD's after power outage.: Hello Can anyone help me out. So after the power went out, I keep getting different random BSOD's and its been about a month now I don't know what to do any help would be appreciated. Thanks Link to dump , .nfo & screen shot of system info zip file :...
  5. BSOD even after fresh windows install "page fault in nonpaged area"

BSOD even after fresh windows install "page fault in nonpaged area": My PC isn't that old, less or around a year old. I started getting BSOD. I couldn't figure it out after trying stuff, so I did a fresh install of windows with a USB. Still happening....
  6. BSOD's frequent even when system is idle

BSOD's frequent even when system is idle: Hello! This has been happening for quite some time and I've finally gotten tired of it. I'll get a really weird BSOD; CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. Windbg gave it a bug check of 109, did a little Googling on it but it's a bit above my knowledge level. The BSOD occurs with...
  7. BSOD aktimag.sys

BSOD aktimag.sys: Hi, i have received many Blue screens with varying error messages latest is caused by aktimag.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-aktimagsys/dda7126d-1c7d-4fc6-8f26-9e5f8d537bc3
  8. No execute memory infinite re boot and BSOD

No execute memory infinite re boot and BSOD: this happened after factory resetting the device It is a tablet so no removable part[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-execute-memory-infinite-re-boot-and-bsod/74d176f4-c4a4-44e2-8d46-d7bf6bd81cbe
  9. Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc

Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc: Hi, the problem I am having is this... When I put my laptop to sleep (by closing the lid, selecting sleep from the start menu or using f4) it seems to go to sleep as it should but when I wake the laptop up, the HDD light flickers as it should and the wireless light comes on...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC: Hi, From time to time I have ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC BSOD without relation to what I am doing on the laptop. As mentioned on some forums I have tried: Check disk - everything OK Check RAM - everything OK Disable windows quick start Update drivers But nothing helped....