Windows 10: BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC )

Discus and support BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC ) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everybody.! I would appreciate any help. Started getting BSOD(Attempted_Switch_From_DPC) almost every other day and I've paid attention that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Xishnik2002, Sep 11, 2019.

1. BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC )

Hello everybody.!

I would appreciate any help.

Started getting BSOD(Attempted_Switch_From_DPC) almost every other day and I've paid attention that this usually happens when laptop is idle.

My laptop is a month and a half old and it shipped with 8GB DDR4 ram soldered in MB( base ram speed is 2666mhz but the real working speed that shown in Task Manager is 2400 because of CPU).

So I decided put extra RAM and it turned out that my laptop supports up 48GB RAM so I bought 32GB DDR4 2666 module from Samsung and got 40GB in total. I'm not sure maybe it's coincidence but I started getting these BSODs after these things: installing RAM, updating BIOS, updating Windows system (Cumulative update), using USB type-C adapter with 3-USB and 1-LAN output. I don't know who the culprit is.

Here is the link to the DUMP file, data from Msinfo and Speccy - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjF0Y2tXlq21hAVSSnCL8_95zho4?e=rt8xuI

My laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad T590

Records from Event Viewer:

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 11-Sep-19 11:43:42
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: LAPTOP-1NK0CFUH
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-09-11T07:43:42.347618400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>10925</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>LAPTOP-1NK0CFUH</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">184</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xffff8b019b1a2240</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xffffaf8959368080</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">41</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">3</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

Xishnik2002, Sep 11, 2019
  2. dimamak Win User

Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

Hi,
    From time to time I have ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC BSOD without relation to what I am doing on the laptop.
    As mentioned on some forums I have tried:
    1. Check disk - everything OK
    2. Check RAM - everything OK
    3. Disable windows quick start
    4. Update drivers
    But nothing helped.
    DM log collector file attached - Attachment 125613

dimamak, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Kensbey Win User
    Regular BSOD crashes since windows 10 upgrade: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

Hi,

Since clean installing windows 10, I have had occasional BSOD crashes that seem to be getting more frequent. BSOD message is usually "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC", but I have occasionally had it crash with "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED".

I tried following the steps here:

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

The system cannot boot while verifier is enabled. I have to boot into safe mode and do verifier /reset to get it to boot again. I have a copy of the minidump files as per the linked page but not sure where to upload.

Thanks

Kensbey, Sep 11, 2019
  4. BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC )

ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC ntoskrnl.exe when mic disconnected

Hi,

The ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC bug check has a value of 0x000000B8. This indicates that an illegal operation was attempted by a delayed procedure call (DPC) routine.

I suggest you to refer to the link below and try the troubleshooting steps provided and see if it helps to resolve the issue.]

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC )

1. BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC ) - Similar Threads - BSOD Attempted_switch_from_DPC

2. BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC: Hello, I've been getting a BSOD with the error message in title every time my laptop wakes up from a hibernate mode. My laptop model is a Lenovo Thinkpad L13 Yoga with model no. 21FR-CT01WW, and I'm on the 22H2 version of Windows 11 Pro. Following some advice on other forums,...
  3. BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC: Hello, I've been getting a BSOD with the error message in title every time my laptop wakes up from a hibernate mode. My laptop model is a Lenovo Thinkpad L13 Yoga with model no. 21FR-CT01WW, and I'm on the 22H2 version of Windows 11 Pro. Following some advice on other forums,...
  4. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...: Today I've experienced a BSOD while using my computer - when trying to use Video for Teams/Zoom. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to...
  5. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...

BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...: Today I've experienced a BSOD while using my computer - when trying to use Video for Teams/Zoom. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to...
  6. BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC": Hi.This afternoon, I encountered a sudden BSOD whilst browsing which has never occurred before with the error code ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC. In the past few hours it has not reoccurred but doing a check using a 3rd party tool highlighted "ntoskrnl.exe" as being the cause of...
  7. BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC"

BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC": Hi.This afternoon, I encountered a sudden BSOD whilst browsing which has never occurred before with the error code ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC. In the past few hours it has not reoccurred but doing a check using a 3rd party tool highlighted "ntoskrnl.exe" as being the cause of...
  8. BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...: Hello, after numerous hours of searching online and loosing hope, i come here to see if i can get any answer.I am currently running Windows 10The past year i have been building my new PC, some parts every other month. About 3 weeks ago i changed my cabinet and got a new M.2...
  9. BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...: Hello, after numerous hours of searching online and loosing hope, i come here to see if i can get any answer.I am currently running Windows 10The past year i have been building my new PC, some parts every other month. About 3 weeks ago i changed my cabinet and got a new M.2...
  10. BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...