Windows 10: Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc

Discus and support Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, the problem I am having is this... When I put my laptop to sleep (by closing the lid, selecting sleep from the start menu or using f4) it seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ged236, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Ged236 Win User

Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc

Hi, the problem I am having is this... When I put my laptop to sleep (by closing the lid, selecting sleep from the start menu or using f4) it seems to go to sleep as it should but when I wake the laptop up, the HDD light flickers as it should and the wireless light comes on but then they go out and the laptop reboots and then loads to log on and I can sign in as normal and all seems ok. But when I check in Security and Maintenance>Maintenance>View reliability history, it shows that every time I wake the laptop up that 1. Windows was not properly shut down 2. Windows stopped working 3. Shut down unexpectedly - all at the same time. If I put the laptop into hibernate or shut it down, when I start it up again I get the ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC bluescreen and the laptop then resarts as normal.
    Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.
    Attachment 29974

:)

Ged236, Aug 8, 2015

2. BSOD Attempted_Switch_From_DPC

This has only happened in the last two weeks (Coincidentally after a Win 10 update)

Any and all help appreciated as this is really starting to get frustrating.

Logs are Crash Report

Really appreciate your time and help

UKRick1971, Aug 8, 2015
  3. BSOD Attempted_Switch_From_DPC

Hello,

There are several causes on why you are getting that error message:

• Incorrectly configured, old or corrupted drivers
    • Corruption on the Windows Registry
    • Driver conflicts after installing new hardware
    • Damaged or removed system files after installing a software or update

You can follow the methods below to solve your issue.

Method 1: Run System File Checker

System File Checker is a handy tool included with Windows that allows you scan and restore corruptions in Windows system files.

Method 2: Uninstall then reinstall your drivers by going to your manufacturer’s website for the latest drivers available

Give us update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Aug 8, 2015
  4. jeriav Win User

Hi Ged236,

Just try to turn off the Windows 10 Fast Startup.

1.Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the Power Options icon.
    2. Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    3. Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
    5. Turn Off "Fast Startup" for a "Full Shutdown"
    A) Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box, and click/tap on the Save changes button.

NOTE: If the Turn on fast startup setting is not listed, then hibernate has been disabled that removed this setting and also disabled fast startup.

B) The Shut down Power option will now perform as a normal full shut down when used.6. You can now close the Power Options. Shut down your pc and Turn On again.

I hope it works for you ! *Wink

jeriav, Sep 2, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi Ged236

Welcome to the 10forums.
    Please upload a new zip file, the attached zip file is empty

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc [​IMG]

Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc [​IMG]

axe0, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Ged236 Win User
    Hi Jeriav,

Thanks for your reply to my problem. I had seen eleswhere that the fast startup maybe a reason for the issue I was having and had tried disabling it and trying other power options but to no avail and the issue continued. I've gone back to windows 7 for now but planning to dual boot windows 10 over the weekend, so if the issue is still happening I will try your suggestion again.

Thanks again.

Ged236, Sep 10, 2015
  7. Ged236 Win User
    Hi, thanks for your reply. At the moment I've gone back to windows 7 but I'm planning on dual booting windows 10, so if I still have this problem, then I shall upload a new zip.

Thanks again.

Ged236, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc - Similar Threads - Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc

2. BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC: Hello, I've been getting a BSOD with the error message in title every time my laptop wakes up from a hibernate mode. My laptop model is a Lenovo Thinkpad L13 Yoga with model no. 21FR-CT01WW, and I'm on the 22H2 version of Windows 11 Pro. Following some advice on other forums,...
  3. BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC: Hello, I've been getting a BSOD with the error message in title every time my laptop wakes up from a hibernate mode. My laptop model is a Lenovo Thinkpad L13 Yoga with model no. 21FR-CT01WW, and I'm on the 22H2 version of Windows 11 Pro. Following some advice on other forums,...
  4. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...: Today I've experienced a BSOD while using my computer - when trying to use Video for Teams/Zoom. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to...
  5. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...

BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...: Today I've experienced a BSOD while using my computer - when trying to use Video for Teams/Zoom. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to...
  6. BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC": Hi.This afternoon, I encountered a sudden BSOD whilst browsing which has never occurred before with the error code ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC. In the past few hours it has not reoccurred but doing a check using a 3rd party tool highlighted "ntoskrnl.exe" as being the cause of...
  7. BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC"

BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC": Hi.This afternoon, I encountered a sudden BSOD whilst browsing which has never occurred before with the error code ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC. In the past few hours it has not reoccurred but doing a check using a 3rd party tool highlighted "ntoskrnl.exe" as being the cause of...
  8. BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...: Hello, after numerous hours of searching online and loosing hope, i come here to see if i can get any answer.I am currently running Windows 10The past year i have been building my new PC, some parts every other month. About 3 weeks ago i changed my cabinet and got a new M.2...
  9. BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...: Hello, after numerous hours of searching online and loosing hope, i come here to see if i can get any answer.I am currently running Windows 10The past year i have been building my new PC, some parts every other month. About 3 weeks ago i changed my cabinet and got a new M.2...
  10. BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...