Windows 10: BSOD: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be

Discus and support BSOD: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Been having a number of different types of BSODs on my computer. The recent one, and one that i've had before is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cal9167, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Cal9167 Win User

BSOD: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be

Hello.

Been having a number of different types of BSODs on my computer.

The recent one, and one that i've had before is: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

According to WinDBG:

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be
    An attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The guilty driver is on the
    stack trace and is typically the current instruction pointer.
    When possible, the guilty driver's name Unicode string is printed on
    the bugcheck screen and saved in KiBugCheckDriver.

I suspect the different BSODs i've been experiencing are related.

Computer was built in Jan 2020.

Worked with no issues until Nov / Dec 2020.

Since that point I have reinstalled Windows 10 using the October 2020 ISO twice.

I have run memory diagnostic on the computer. Once it stated that there was an issue. I removed the memory modules, blew compressed air to clear out dust in the motherboard and the diagnostic has since returned no issues. Memtest, ran from a bootable USB returned no issues.

Would appreciate any advice on how to proceed.

Link to minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avv9eDuxb9RMhBvw_hWqFX0GLT61

Some of my system info from DxDiag:

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 1/29/2021, 16:47:49
    Machine name: [Removed]
    Machine Id: [Removed]
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0, Build 19042 19041.vb_release.191206-1406
    Language: English Regional Setting: English
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/02/20 21:20:33 Ver: 05.00011 type: BIOS
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 8 CPUs, ~3.7GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 14246MB RAM
    Page File: 5914MB used, 32908MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

Motherboard is ASUS Prime B450M-A

:)

Cal9167, Jan 29, 2021

2. BSOD - attempted_write_to_readonly_memory

Hi,

I am in the process of spoofing my Acer Nitro AN515-43 HWID, and every time I attempt to change my HWID (with an application I paid for), I get the BSOD with the stop code attempted_write_to_readonly_memory, with the failure being "peauth.sys".

Is there any way to stop this from happening so I can spoof my HWID without the error code showing up? If not, that's fine.

Link to dump files: dumps

Thanks BSOD: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be :)

parkerrobertss, Jan 29, 2021
  3. ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (vhdmp.sys)

Hi Blobb,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

As of now, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Bug Check 0xBE:
    ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

Also suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about the recovery options in
    Windows 10 and check if it helps. It contains the information about the difference between
    Reset option and create recovery drive option.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Naythan Win User

2 BSOD's - latest ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

I had one BSOD yesterday and I thought it would be a one off - but today I've had another with ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.

I've attached the files which were generated from dm_log_collector. Since the latest I've updated my graphic driver again.

Naythan, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be - Similar Threads - BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

2. Getting BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe - ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe - ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.: I have been getting bluescreens and just about everything randomly crashing recently, with most of the bluescreens being ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY. I downloaded WinDbg where I found SearchIndexer, OfficeClickToR, System, SniperElite4_D and msiexec.exe being the...
  3. Getting BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe - ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe - ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.: I have been getting bluescreens and just about everything randomly crashing recently, with most of the bluescreens being ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY. I downloaded WinDbg where I found SearchIndexer, OfficeClickToR, System, SniperElite4_D and msiexec.exe being the...
  4. BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY: Hey, guys. Help me solve the problem. I am getting an error and blue screen. I have a RAM dump. Here is the basic information from the dump:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit...
  5. BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY: Hey, guys. Help me solve the problem. I am getting an error and blue screen. I have a memory dump. Here is the basic information from the dump:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit...
  6. BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY: Hey, guys. Help me solve the problem. I am getting an error and blue screen. I have a memory dump. Here is the basic information from the dump:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit...
  7. BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be BSOD: Recently cloned my windows installation SSD to a new SSD using clonezilla.Seems to be working fine but under load I will get a BSOD: Unexpected_Store_Exception, Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error, Critical_Process_Died.Any help would be appreciated!Attached is the memorydump from...
  9. ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be BSOD

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be BSOD: Recently cloned my windows installation SSD to a new SSD using clonezilla.Seems to be working fine but under load I will get a BSOD: Unexpected_Store_Exception, Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error, Critical_Process_Died.Any help would be appreciated!Attached is the memorydump from...
  10. Fortnite causes BSOD Stop code: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY What failed:bthport.sys, etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite causes BSOD Stop code: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY What failed:bthport.sys, etc: Multiple different failures for each time, can someone look at my minidump please New folder 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fortnite-causes-bsod-stop-code/f114572a-a8a7-44fa-a6c4-ef6f76184272