Windows 10: BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY(netio.sys) and IRQL

Discus and support BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY(netio.sys) and IRQL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been receiving both attempted_to_write_readonly_memory (netio.sys) and IRQL_not_less_or_equal (netio.sys) blue screens for some time. It tends to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Volie, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Volie Win User

BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY(netio.sys) and IRQL

I've been receiving both attempted_to_write_readonly_memory (netio.sys) and IRQL_not_less_or_equal (netio.sys) blue screens for some time. It tends to happen at random intervals when playing games or just browsing on the internet. At this point I'm not quite sure what to do. Thank you in advance for helping.

:)

Volie, Aug 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 IRQL Error

So yeah spent some time on twitter talking with hp found out pretty much every single driver on my laptop was out of date due to the fact they had no updates for it. Ended up having to do a clean install of windows 10 which worked no IRQL error now but
    I got a new BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.

ArcticWFox, Aug 23, 2015
  3. windows.com/stopcode

message in blue screen:

Netio.sys

driver IRQL not same or less

PaulCook429, Aug 23, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Hello Volie and welcome to the forums. I need you to do something for me.

Please go to your last post and in the bottom left corner click 'My System Specs'. there is a link there to update your system specs, click it and fill them all out in as much detail as possible. Please list Manufacturer and Model, and list Desktop or Laptop. If it is an OEM, please list the Manufacturer and Model number. Please be sure to list your PSU and CPU cooler. If you would like to know what we would like, please click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post and see mine.

I checked your last several dump files and all but 1 was this

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck A, {ffffc001f45fc4e0, 2, 1, fffff8025e455eb5} Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiReadyStandbyPageForActive+165 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote]
    Please Run Memtest86+

BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY(netio.sys) and IRQL [​IMG]

BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY(netio.sys) and IRQL [​IMG]
    Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

essenbe, Aug 24, 2015
  5. Volie Win User
    Thanks for replying earlier, I've been busy but I did run the memtest86+. I passed it without fail on all tests. I have also tried to update my specs section to the best of my abilities.

Volie, Aug 25, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    If you have any of the Gigabyte utilities installed, please uninstall them. Also, if you are overclocking anything, please set everything back to defaults. Did you download the test from the link I gave? Also please see if you can find a windows 10 driver for your Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter. Please go to Device Manager and see if you see any yellow icons there or anything indicating there is a problem.

This is what your dump files are showing

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck BE, {fffff8018f952818, 2277e4121, ffffd000b43253f0, a} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1i63x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1i63x64.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption[/quote] That is your Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter. But it is actually saying that the Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter failed but because of memory corruption. Yet you passed the memtest86+, so we will try plan 2.

essenbe, Aug 25, 2015
  7. Volie Win User
    I do not have any Gigabyte applications currently installed; I am also not currently overclocking. I was not able to find a windows 10 driver for my Intel adapter, but I did check that it is my secondary Ethernet port. I did not find any problems while looking through my device manager.

Volie, Aug 25, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

Ok, Please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

Also, please check and make sure your Windows Updates are current. The NETIO error you were getting is the Windows Network manager and now you are getting the Intel Gigabit Network Adaptor. It would seem that whatever problem you are having is network related. But, still you are getting mostly memory corruption errors. So, at this point we may have to wait and see what any future dump files say. If you have had a BSOD since you uploaded the last DM log, please upload another.

essenbe, Aug 25, 2015
  9. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Aug 25, 2015
  10. Volie Win User
    Yes, you are correct that is my mother board. I also have an extra Intel LAN port that is not used.

Volie, Aug 25, 2015
  11. essenbe Win User
    Then you have an add on Lan card for the Intel port?

essenbe, Aug 25, 2015
  12. Volie Win User
    I have an add on LAN card for the Intel port. Here is also the latest dump files.

Volie, Aug 25, 2015
  13. essenbe Win User

volie, this time it is listing the Realtek Lan Driver but still blaming it on Memory corruption

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck BE, {fffff80126c02818, 2277e4121, fffff803ed243570, a} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption ---------[/quote] Just as a suggestion, could you remove the Intel card since you are not using it anyway and see if that makes a difference?

essenbe, Aug 25, 2015
  14. Volie Win User
    I've been out for a while, but I did use my computer a few times since I removed the Intel card. I still have encountered a couple BSOD's. Hopefully I can find out what the problem is.

Volie, Aug 29, 2015
  15. essenbe Win User
    Your last 2 dumps

Code: BugCheck BE, {fffff800f6f823b8, 2276d1121, fffff8003e242790, a} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!NetioCompleteNetBufferAndNetBufferListChain+9 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote]
    Code: BugCheck BE, {fffff80064f52818, 2277e4121, fffff800af9ef570, a} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption[/quote] It is still your network. The NTIO is the Network I/O Manager and the rt640x64.sys is your Realtek 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS 6.40 64-bit Driver.

When you removed the Intel Card, did you uninstall the driver? If not, please do that. Also, are you using the Windows provided driver or the one from Gigabyte?

essenbe, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY(netio.sys) and IRQL - Similar Threads - BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY netio

2. BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY: Hey, guys. Help me solve the problem. I am getting an error and blue screen. I have a memory dump. Here is the basic information from the dump:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit...
  3. BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY: Hey, guys. Help me solve the problem. I am getting an error and blue screen. I have a memory dump. Here is the basic information from the dump:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit...
  4. ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be BSOD: Recently cloned my windows installation SSD to a new SSD using clonezilla.Seems to be working fine but under load I will get a BSOD: Unexpected_Store_Exception, Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error, Critical_Process_Died.Any help would be appreciated!Attached is the memorydump from...
  5. ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be BSOD

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be BSOD: Recently cloned my windows installation SSD to a new SSD using clonezilla.Seems to be working fine but under load I will get a BSOD: Unexpected_Store_Exception, Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error, Critical_Process_Died.Any help would be appreciated!Attached is the memorydump from...
  6. BSoD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY: I get a BSoD many times! They are all happened while I was using Edge Browser. One time is while I was hovering the cursor over things on an AliExpress items, I spent time on that AliE page long before the problem occured.My system is Lenovo Legion 5 82B1CPU: Ryzen 7...
  7. BSoD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

BSoD ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY: I get a BSoD many times! They are all happened while I was using Edge Browser. One time is while I was hovering the cursor over things on an AliExpress items, I spent time on that AliE page long before the problem occured.My system is Lenovo Legion 5 82B1CPU: Ryzen 7...
  8. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be

BSOD: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be: Hello. Been having a number of different types of BSODs on my computer. The recent one, and one that i've had before is: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY According to WinDBG: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be An attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The...
  9. BSOD - attempted_write_to_readonly_memory

BSOD - attempted_write_to_readonly_memory: Hi, I am in the process of spoofing my Acer Nitro AN515-43 HWID, and every time I attempt to change my HWID with an application I paid for, I get the BSOD with the stop code attempted_write_to_readonly_memory, with the failure being "peauth.sys". Is there any way to stop...
  10. Bsod attempted_write_to_readonly_memory

Bsod attempted_write_to_readonly_memory: Yesterday my computer started randomly showing the BSOD 0x000000be ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY. At the time I wasn't doing anything on the PC, but I do have programs such as Plex media sever and steam running in the background always. The description of the error said...