Windows 10: BSOD audio/video related?? Please help!

Discus and support BSOD audio/video related?? Please help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, Desktop PC, WIn10 64 bit, no problems until yesterday. A series of BSOD which often occurr when watching some videos/listenings to some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheVibe, Jan 24, 2016.

1. TheVibe Win User

BSOD audio/video related?? Please help!

Hi there,

Desktop PC, WIn10 64 bit, no problems until yesterday. A series of BSOD which often occurr when watching some videos/listenings to some music/playing some games; so I think they could be related to the video or audio card. If I don't do anything or listen to any songs, BSOD seems not to occurr.

The error is always different, for instance "BAD_POOL_HEADER" or "unexpected kernel trap".

I ran memtest86 several times, no errors.

The audio and video cards are new (of a few months ago), while the mobo and cpu are much older.
    Everything was fine until yesterday, but I didn't make any changes to the system!! The ASUS audio driver is the most recent one and installed months ago; the NVIDIA driver is the most recent too, installed on 21 December.
    On the attached file you won't see the ASUS audio driver and software because I just uninstalled it, in order to see if it was the cause.

No overclocking, but the first time the BSOD occurred, right after the reboot there was a message of the BIOS saying something about the overclocking frequency/voltage which was not correct... but again, I haven't touched anything and never had problems until yesterday. The message didn't reappear on the next reboots.
    I was also thinking if it could be somehow related to some "heat" problems, since the video and audio cards are quite close and when the BSOD occurrs the fans are always at high speed, the pc is under a certain stress.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

:)

TheVibe, Jan 24, 2016

2. movie on N70 please help me out

Please fill this questionaire:

Did you read the link I posted?

Enter the following information for the video that doesn't play

Resolution:

Bitrate:

Framerate:

Video Codec:

Video Codec Level:

Audio Codec:

Audio Bitrate:

Saying it's MP4 doesn't say ANYTHING.

el_loco---01, Jan 24, 2016
  3. maxrunion Win User
    BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULAR_INTERNAL_ERROR.........again and again help please!

Problem, video in every browser plays choppy or with terrible audio lag and full screen tosses instant BSOD video scheduler internal error.

I have tried to update all drivers with no avail rolled back drivers to earlier versions, same results.

At the same time this started it stopped updating windows and preview builds. apply windows fix(sign back into Microsoft) and nothing. I have tried every fix* I have found with no avail, maybe I'm burnt out on it and its right in front of me but any help
    would be appreciated.

windows insider build # 10576

AMD Radeon HD 8210 driver version 15.201.1101.0

maxrunion, Jan 24, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please update your BIOS to the most recent stable version F3.

Please uninstall Gigabyte software

Please disconnect every USB device, except for mouse and keyboard, while troubleshooting.

All crashes are different error codes, most with no specific cause. This usually points to hardware related problems.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD audio/video related?? Please help! [​IMG]

5. TheVibe Win User
    Thank you for your reply.

I've done all the three things (BIOS updated to F3, unistalled Gigabyte sw, disconnected every USB device) and filled in my system specs.

No BSOD for a while... I also ran some stress tests (prime95 for CPU and FurMark for GPU), no BSOD.
    I was almost believing that the problem was solved but then... suddenly another BSOD *Sad and I wasn't doing anything particular, just browsing some pages.

I've attached the new DM log collector output with the latest minidump: Attachment 60916

Thank you again for your help.

TheVibe, Jan 26, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please update the drivers for your ASUS Essence STX II Audio device
    Driver Reference Table - STXII.sys

Please disable any USB device while troubleshooting (exception for mouse and keyboard)

Please run MemTest86+ according to the below instructions.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

7. TheVibe Win User
    OK I'm giving an update here, I think I've found a solution for now so it may be helpful for others with the same problem.

I ran memtest several times and with different RAM configurations (all 4 modules, then just 2, then the other 2, etc.). The test fails only with all the 4 modules installed on the motherboard; the RAM modules don't fail individually. So the RAM should be fine.
    After some searching on various forums, I rised the RAM and NorthBridge voltage (just a little) via BIOS.
    I haven't had any BSOD since this change (at least 4 days ago), so I guess the issue is solved.

Thanks to axe0 for helping me find to the correct cause of the problem *Smile

TheVibe, Jan 31, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Glad to hear your issue is solved *Smile

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD audio/video related?? Please help! - Similar Threads - BSOD audio video

2. BSODS related to video, Video TDR failure and DXGKRNL.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODS related to video, Video TDR failure and DXGKRNL.sys: We have a precision 7910 Tower, With Dual Xeon Procs with Dual Nvidia K4200's installed. It started having problem with the monitors where 2 monitors would go black and then get the Video TDR failure bsod. We thought initially it was just one of the cards so we tried swapping...
  3. BSODS related to video, Video TDR failure and DXGKRNL.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODS related to video, Video TDR failure and DXGKRNL.sys: We have a precision 7910 Tower, With Dual Xeon Procs with Dual Nvidia K4200's installed. It started having problem with the monitors where 2 monitors would go black and then get the Video TDR failure bsod. We thought initially it was just one of the cards so we tried swapping...
  4. BSODS related to video, Video TDR failure and DXGKRNL.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio / Video Randomly Pausing Windows 11 - Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio / Video Randomly Pausing Windows 11 - Please Help: Hello... I have a mini pc running Windows 11, Karafun for Karaoke and YouTube videos for audio in between singers. I'm using the headphone jack to output audio to my mixer and from mixer to powered speakers. The mixer also has two wireless mics hooked up. The computer sends...
  6. Audio / Video Randomly Pausing Windows 11 - Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio / Video Randomly Pausing Windows 11 - Please Help: Hello... I have a mini pc running Windows 11, Karafun for Karaoke and YouTube videos for audio in between singers. I'm using the headphone jack to output audio to my mixer and from mixer to powered speakers. The mixer also has two wireless mics hooked up. The computer sends...
  7. Please help: Consistent BSOD when playing video games

Please help: Consistent BSOD when playing video games: Hello, I am having consistent BSOD while playing games on my custom computer. It normally happens after a couple hours of play time. I am not well versed in computers/debugging and am having trouble identifying the root cause of the issue. When I can see the error, it...
  8. Help with this video card, Please.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help with this video card, Please.: I have a GeForce 7600 GT OC video card that a friend gave me, to help with Dual Monitor capability on my computer (which is a Dell XPS 8500). In the event that additional info may help, I include it below:...
  9. Audio and video issue related to realtek

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio and video issue related to realtek: So I keep getting this stuttery, slow mow action happening and it seems related to when I'm running realtek. When I just go in and switch to pc speakers sans realtek no issues. I found a video online with a quick fix of uninstalling realtek and then restarting, which restalls...
  10. BSOD Various video related crashes

BSOD Various video related crashes: I've been having a problem for a while of various crashes when it comes to watching videos on chrome for a while or in the middle of playing games. Sometimes the computer just shuts off completely like a light but always after a bit of time in a video or game. I'm not...