Windows 10: bsod, bad config, cached password not known, changed cores for boot from 1 to 12

Discus and support bsod, bad config, cached password not known, changed cores for boot from 1 to 12 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 64 gb of ram. the system never uses more than about 9.found an article for how to use all ram from startup.can also change how many cores from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clearbone, Nov 6, 2021.

1. clearbone Win User

bsod, bad config, cached password not known, changed cores for boot from 1 to 12

I have 64 gb of ram. the system never uses more than about 9.found an article for how to use all ram from startup.can also change how many cores from boot.changed ram, rebooted no issue.changed coresbsodwouldnt take passwordwent online changed password for outlookwouldnt take any old passwords for the cached onewont let me do anything in the tools without the passwordsolution is to run clifrom https://superuser.com/questions/1456603/cant-fix-msconfig-processor-setting-after-changing-number-of-processors-to-8When in Windows Automatic Repair, I open the Command Prompt and type the following tw

:)

clearbone, Nov 6, 2021

2. getting bad config info error

Hi Guys,

This morning, by mistake, I disabled all the services under services Tab in system configuration App. Also, under boot tab, change the Number of processors from 1 to 4 and chose max memory by clicking the check box Maximum Memory.

Now, I'm not able to start my laptop, getting error code 0xc000021a and Bad config info.

I tried a few things, nothing worked. Further, this laptop has microsoft account configured and it's not accepting the password for the same while I'm trying to choose system restore or command prompt and click the only account being listed there. However,
    I've already verified the password a few times as I could successfully log into my account using the same password.

I've created a bootable flash drive, and used the same to access the command prompt to try some troubleshooting steps, unfortunately no luck so far.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

S.R.Singh1, Nov 6, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Bad system config info

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error Bad System Config means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. It would be great, if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When do you get the error message?
    • Does the computer boot to the Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 6, 2021
  4. AmityJane Win User

bsod, bad config, cached password not known, changed cores for boot from 1 to 12

BSOD - no access to Windows or safe mode - Bad System Config Info

bsod, bad config, cached password not known, changed cores for boot from 1 to 12 [​IMG]

bsod, bad config, cached password not known, changed cores for boot from 1 to 12 [​IMG]

AmityJane, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

1. bsod, bad config, cached password not known, changed cores for boot from 1 to 12 - Similar Threads - bsod bad config

2. I changed the number of processors from 1 to 12 in System config, now I get bsod. If I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the number of processors from 1 to 12 in System config, now I get bsod. If I...: Yesterday I was on discord asking for advice to speed up my pc. Stubbornly I trusted people, they suggested I change the number of processors or cores I believe to the highest number. I did that, and now I get the error message Bad_system_config_info So if I just changed the...
  3. I changed the number of processors from 1 to 12 in System config, now I get bsod. If I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed the number of processors from 1 to 12 in System config, now I get bsod. If I...: Yesterday I was on discord asking for advice to speed up my pc. Stubbornly I trusted people, they suggested I change the number of processors or cores I believe to the highest number. I did that, and now I get the error message Bad_system_config_info So if I just changed the...
  4. I changed the number of processors from 1 to 12 in System config, now I get bsod. If I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. bsod, bad config, cached password not known, changed cores for boot from 1 to 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod, bad config, cached password not known, changed cores for boot from 1 to 12: I have 64 gb of ram. the system never uses more than about 9.found an article for how to use all ram from startup.can also change how many cores from boot.changed ram, rebooted no issue.changed coresbsodwouldnt take passwordwent online changed password for outlookwouldnt take...
  6. bsod, bad config, cached password not known, changed cores for boot from 1 to 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod, bad config, cached password not known, changed cores for boot from 1 to 12: I have 64 gb of ram. the system never uses more than about 9.found an article for how to use all ram from startup.can also change how many cores from boot.changed ram, rebooted no issue.changed coresbsodwouldnt take passwordwent online changed password for outlookwouldnt take...
  7. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG bsod

BAD SYSTEM CONFIG bsod: It keeps restarting and gets that error. And when it goew to automatic repair It says : Log file: D:Windows\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTeail.txt And im sure that the hardware is the cause because my HDD is NEW, my MOTHERBOARD is NEW, and my RAM is NEW. I...
  8. BSOD bad config

BSOD bad config: My daughter was deleting stuff from my her laptop and evidently messed up her Windows 10. It is an HP laptop with intel chip, 16 gb and we cannot get it to start up. We do not have any bootable usb for it. It states that the auto repair will not work, the system cannot be...
  9. Stuck on BSOD Bad system config info after changing number of cores

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck on BSOD Bad system config info after changing number of cores: So I changed the number of cores in msconfig and now my computer will not boot. I can't even get it to boot in safe mode. I also tried to reset numproc and truncatememory but they don't even show up in bcdedit on command prompt! I can't even reset my computer. PLEASE HELP...
  10. BSOD bad System config

BSOD bad System config: Hello all, need help here. Win10 64bit get bsod-"bad System config info". Can't get to any save mode Reset PC always fail after 50% MBR respond with bcdedit /enum Help please......