Windows 10: BSOD Bad Pool Header When Connecting To Internet

Discus and support BSOD Bad Pool Header When Connecting To Internet in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm getting a bad pool header bsod. It happens when I connect to the internet. I started getting this error when the installed on date for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by redex, May 4, 2017.

1. redex Win User

BSOD Bad Pool Header When Connecting To Internet

Hi, I'm getting a bad pool header bsod. It happens when I connect to the internet. I started getting this error when the installed on date for bitdefender in programs and features changed randomly ( which has happened twice now.) I'm not sure if this is to do with malware. Malwarebytes anti-exploits installed on date also changed randomly. I don't know if this is normal behaviour.

Thanks for reading! =)
    -Red.

:)

redex, May 4, 2017

2. Bad pool header after connecting to internet via usb dongle

Bad pool header after connecting to internet via usb dongle. Everytime i connect to internet using dongle that enables to use mobile sim card, there will be a blue screen with bad pool header.

yehankanakaratne, May 4, 2017
  3. Win10 BSOD, Help.

One other thing when I did see the BSOD at random, it said BAD POOL HEADER.

Corey Fleece, May 4, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Have you run scans with your Anti-virus and Malwarebytes? If not, do ti and see what shows.

Latest dump indicates a problem with mwac.sys:
    Code: BugCheck 19, {20, ffffe1002fb17480, ffffe1002fb174a0, 402000d} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys Probably caused by : fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+1dd )[/quote] fwpkclnt.sys is part of the OS so unlikely to be the cause.

mwac.sys belongs to:
    Driver Description: Malwarebytes Web Access Control
    If it's blamed in a BSOD, it may be due to an outdated version of BitDefender 2016. Ensure that BitDefender is updated to the latest version. Fix came out around 02 July 2016

Driver Update Site: Support: Welcome | Official Malwarebytes Support
    Download: Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software

Since you are running BitDefender, please uninstall it for now and run with the built-in Windows Defender, see if that makes a difference.

Ztruker, May 5, 2017
  5. Golden Win User
    @Ztruker - I have seen mwac.sys being blamed when infact it was the network drivers at fault. It might be worth looking into.

Golden, May 5, 2017
  6. redex Win User
    I ran a scan with malwarebytes a while ago. It found an amazon app potentially unwanted program.I'm just wondering if it is normal behaviour for an installed on date to change randomly without reinstalling the program. I can't update malwarebytes right now because of the blue screen. I've attached the latest blue screen of death here. I uninstalled bitdefender & still got the same blue screen of death. I had bitdefender 2017 installed, and not 2016.

redex, May 8, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    New dump also points to mwac.sys. Don't update it, uninstall it for awhile and see what happens. If that does resolve the problem then you can try installing the latest version.

Also uninstall Malwarebytes anti-exploit and anti-ransomware if you have them as they are all combined in the latest anti-malware version.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Bad Pool Header When Connecting To Internet - Similar Threads - BSOD Bad Pool

2. BSOD - Bad Pool Header

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Bad Pool Header: In the past few weeks I have been getting BSOD's rather frequently, specifically everytime I am playing a game. But this one caught my attention as the second error hinted at a malfunctioning disk. I have already tried looking for out of date drivers but have not succeeded...
  3. Bad Pool Header BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad Pool Header BSOD: I installed the Linux Bash Shell on my laptop last year. It went fine, and I was able to use it. After getting the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, I get a Bad Pool Header BSOD whenever I try to open the shell. I already tried updating my drivers (using Driver Booster 5.2),...
  4. BSOD Bad Pool Header

BSOD Bad Pool Header: Since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my computer would crash once a day with a bad pool header notification. I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this issue, and am coming here as a last resort. Below is my DM Log Collector zip. 32179
  5. BSOD, Bad Pool Header

BSOD, Bad Pool Header: Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W with Windows 10. I had Windows 10 since Insiders builds and a few weeks ago it started BSODing frequently, mainly DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and BAD_POOL_HEADER, I thought a reinstall would fix the issue but it didn't, I still had 2 BSODs with the...
  6. BSOD BAD POOL HEADER when idle

BSOD BAD POOL HEADER when idle: Hi, I upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 and it works fine but whenever left idle it eventually crashes with a BAD POOL HEADER error. Any ideas how to fix? Thanks, Chris 34613
  7. BSOD - Bad Pool Header

BSOD - Bad Pool Header: I've tested the memory with memtest86, uninstalled recently installed software and updated my drivers with driver reviver. these were the recommendations on other forums and i'm unsure what else i can do to try and fix this. i tried to upload my minidump folder aswell as a...
  8. BSOD Bad pool header

BSOD Bad pool header: I Received the error, A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. BAD_POOL_HEADER Technical Information: *** STOP: 0x00000019 Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete. I try many...
  9. BSOD Bad Pool Header

BSOD Bad Pool Header: Hello I have a Laptone Wifi Dongle and a wireless mouse dongle in my USB ports on my Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop. I have uploaded the file dumps for you. I get the BDOS screen occasionally when I am browsing on my computer. Thanks 70566
  10. Bad Pool Header

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Pool Header: Need to know why this error code appears and then how to fix 28108