Windows 10: BSOD Bad System Config Info/SrtTrail.txt errors... please help

Discus and support BSOD Bad System Config Info/SrtTrail.txt errors... please help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC decided to BSOD randomly today after I did a basic restart of my PC. Auto repair did not work and just sends it into a boot loop. "Bad System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dalton123, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Dalton123 Win User

BSOD Bad System Config Info/SrtTrail.txt errors... please help

My PC decided to BSOD randomly today after I did a basic restart of my PC. Auto repair did not work and just sends it into a boot loop. "Bad System Config Info" and "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" show as errors. I've ran CHKDSK /f /r twice now which took a total of about 6 hours each to no avail. There's no restore point to bounce back to, it won't let me uninstall Windows updates, and it won't let me full reset my PC through Local or Cloud. I work from my computer...please help!

:)

Dalton123, Mar 29, 2023

2. BSOD bad system config info

Hello,

So there's a problem with my laptop

( Windows 10 Pro NoteBook )

Recently I was using my laptop, and then I went to restart it because for some reason it was crashing. After the restart I got a BSOD ( Blue Screen of Death ) with the error " Bad System config Info " so I've tried to search multiple tutorials on YouTube Which involves,

//both of my USB ports are broken and I'm using a Bluetooth mouse.//

( Command Prompt " didn't work " )

( Factory reset " Wouldn't let me " )

Is there any way to fix this?

Windows 10 Pro NoteBook

BSOD

Bad system config info

IvanGyorev, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Bad system config info

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error Bad System Config means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. It would be great, if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When do you get the error message?
    • Does the computer boot to the Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 29, 2023
  4. BSOD Bad System Config Info/SrtTrail.txt errors... please help

BSOD BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO Fix

I got this BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO bsod yesterday, i tried all method out there and still didnt work, resetting doesnt work, automatic repair doesnt work, system restore doesnt work, almost everything just didnt work, i tried cmd commands and still, same
    result, im stuck in this bsod

Farhan Abdillah, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

BSOD Bad System Config Info/SrtTrail.txt errors... please help

1. BSOD Bad System Config Info/SrtTrail.txt errors... please help - Similar Threads - BSOD Bad System

2. BSOD Bad System Config Info/SrtTrail.txt errors... please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Bad System Config Info/SrtTrail.txt errors... please help: My PC decided to BSOD randomly today after I did a basic restart of my PC. Auto repair did not work and just sends it into a boot loop. "Bad System Config Info" and "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" show as errors. I've ran CHKDSK /f /r twice now which took a...
  3. BSOD Bad System Config Info/SrtTrail.txt errors... please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Bad System Config Info/SrtTrail.txt errors... please help: My PC decided to BSOD randomly today after I did a basic restart of my PC. Auto repair did not work and just sends it into a boot loop. "Bad System Config Info" and "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" show as errors. I've ran CHKDSK /f /r twice now which took a...
  4. BSOD bad system config info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD bad system config info: Hello,So there's a problem with my laptop Windows 10 Pro NoteBook Recently I was using my laptop, and then I went to restart it because for some reason it was crashing. After the restart I got a BSOD Blue Screen of Death with the error " Bad System config Info " so I've tried...
  5. BSOD bad system config info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD bad system config info: Hello,So there's a problem with my laptop Windows 10 Pro NoteBook Recently I was using my laptop, and then I went to restart it because for some reason it was crashing. After the restart I got a BSOD Blue Screen of Death with the error " Bad System config Info " so I've tried...
  6. BSOD bad system config info

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bad System Config Info Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad System Config Info Error: I was working on some school work when my computer suddenly crashed and restarted. The computer didn't even make it to my log in before it crashed again and again. Finally the computer went into the blue screen where it told me I had a bad system config info error. I have...
  8. Bsod error 'bad system config info'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bsod error 'bad system config info': So a couple of days ago I started getting the error that I wrote in the title and I cannot access my desktop because of it. I tried a lot of fixes and i actually managed to acsess my desktop yesterday by using bootrec cmd commands, but bsod started appearing again and now...
  9. BSOD Bad System Config Info

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Bad System Config Info: Hi can anyone help? I can't access safe mode and normal mode in Windows 10 it always gives a BSOD saying BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I'm not sure how I can boot through USB too. submitted by /u/Kian_omq [link] [comments]...
  10. Error Bad system config info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Bad system config info: After i stalling windows 10 ypdate I am recieveing a blue screen loop with error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I have tried reseting only to get the another error saying there was a problem resetting. Start up repair brings me another error...