Windows 10: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times

Discus and support BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using Dell 14R laptop, upgraded from windows 7 home premium 64bit to Windows 10 64bit I had done a hard reset and installed all software again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aabhi021290, Aug 11, 2015.

1. BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times

I am using Dell 14R laptop, upgraded from windows 7 home premium 64bit to Windows 10 64bit
    I had done a hard reset and installed all software again from start.
    Every thing was nice but one day my laptop showed BSOD with BAD_POOL_HEADER error.
    I think it is related with my usb DATA card (BSNL evdo ue 100 prithvi)
    Now when I start laptop either one of the two happens.

(1) Blue screen boot menu (where I can select any other OS if I installed).It looks really nice and I think this is introduced in win 10.I have never seen this type of menu in windows 7)
    If this happens and when I select to boot in windows 10, it just boot within 7 sec (very Fast for me)
    Now when I connect my usb DATA card , it shows a new drive in "This PC", and then I can install software for my DATA card.
    Actually the software is already installed in laptop but it shows I have to install it again everytime I reboot my Laptop.I think some driver related issue.
    Now when I uninstall the software of DATA card (so that I can install it again), in the half way of uninstallation process , my laptop shows BSOD with BAD_POOL_HEADER error.
    This whole thing (which start from Blue screen boot menu to BSOD with BAD_POOL_HEADER error)
    happened more than 5 times and I think it will continue till it resolved.
    Note:- In win 7 , data card works fine, this problem starts in win 10

(2) Black screen boot menu (where I can select any other OS if I installed).If this happens then it takes nearly 1-2 min to boot and does not show BSOD.I do not need to install or uninstall the software of DATA card. I just connect data card and is automatically installs drivers everytime I connect.
    I really like windows 10 and dont want to go back to win 7. Please help *Smile
    Also If you know, please tell me how can I install drivers of my Data card permanently in windows 10.

I tried some options like
    1. Disconnected USB data card before I uninstall the Data card software , but still shows BSOD while uninstallation
    2. Disconnected any other things to USB like Laptop external fan plug , Logitech Keyboard and Mouse bluetooth adapter before uninstall , Still showed BSOD while uninstallation.

NOTE:- BSOD occurs when "Fast Startup" is enabled (Power Setting->Choose what power button do->Turn on Fast startup)
    I Disabled it and since then no BSOD and also drivers installs automatically.
    But takes 1-3 minutes to start windows.

How can I get both Fast Startup of windows 10 and No BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER

Suggestion for dm_log_collector.exe software:- Default desktop folder in this software is C:/User/XYZ/Desktop
    But Sometimes user change default desktop location to something like D:/Desktop in windows. So software should automatically detect the default desktop location.

:)

Aabhi021290, Aug 11, 2015
  2. SAM-1 Win User
    SAM-1, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Can't install KB3081455

I got so tired of these KB errors and Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors I did a clean install of Windows 10. Originally it was an update from 7 to 10. This didn't fix the problems. I got this yesterday:

• IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error

• PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
      BSOD error

• MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD error

• BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD error

• 2 unable to read memory warnings

SherryFelix, Aug 11, 2015
  4. BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times

Ok i was getting the same Bluescreen but fast boot was not a problem for me. I have it on. I found Lots of ways to solve this error but i knew Restore point would work so i tried it first and thankfully i had made a restore point. Do you have Restore point ? then use it or else check this Fix "Bad_Pool_Header" Error in Windows 7/8/8.1 | Fix Errors there are many other ways to fix this problem.

-RF

Windows10users, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Not worked *Sad

Aabhi021290, Aug 13, 2015
  6. What did you tried doing to solve the issue? Please let us know more in detail.

I am assuming you do not have Restore point already created right ?

Windows10users, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Aabhi021290, Aug 20, 2015
  8. BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times

Windows10users, Aug 20, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Hi Aabhi021290,

I'm sorry for the delay, I've just started with helping on this forum.
    Do you still require help regarding the crashes?

10. Yes _ Please help axe0. I hope you had read the whole thing posted in the start and in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5713b26&auth=1
    Currently my laptop is working fine with "fast startup disabled".But there is a problem which I like to discuss.
    Whenever I restart/ start my laptop , I find that my data card not detected , even if it is connected to usb port .I checked with other PC on windows 8.1 , it is working fine.No hardware issue.Now I uninstall datacard software and reinstall it. I works good but the same problem comes again on restart.I think it is related to its drivers. Also every time I connect datacard, drivers installs automatically with Different COM numbers.If drivers do not installs automatically then I have to uninstall and reinstall the software.
    Also How can I keep "Fast startup on" as well as My data card running with No BSOD ?
    Thank you for you time *Smile

Aabhi021290, Aug 23, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    A quick question, I can't find your answer but could be I have not seen it yet.
    Have you tried to uninstall datacard software and enable fast startup and then start your pc? If so, what was the result?

Note, uninstall the datacard software and reboot before you enable fast startup to avoid the bluescreen.
    For extra information, I'm suspecting that Datacard might not be 100% working with windows 10.

12. I uninstalled datacard software and then enable fast startup and then I start my laptop.
    Now I connected the datacard and installed the software.Data card works good.I can connect to internet now.
    But when I restarted my computer, it does not detect and now it ask to install the software again (But the software is installed already). When I double click on software exe to install, nothing happens. (also tried to run as admin). So Only thing I can do now is to uninstall the software and reinstall it.
    So I go to "Uninstall or change a program " and uninstall the Data card software. In the middle of uninstallation BSOD occurs ( I tried uninstallation when data card is connected with laptop and when data card is not connected, both time BSOD)

Now the whole thing I explained above happens when "Fast startup is enabled"

Now I will tell you what happens when "Fast startup is not enabled"
    I start my laptop, (it takes 2-3 min since fast startup is not enabled), Now I connect my data card , I does not detected by my laptop and ask to install software (By "not detected" I mean its software does not detect it )
    I double click (run as admin) on software and nothing happens . So I uninstall the software to reinstall it again. But now No BSOD occurs while uninstallation and I can now install the software and my datacards works fine till next reboot.

If you are talking about my answer on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5713b26&auth=1
    Actually I am the one who posted the question and this link is the whole conversation between one MVP and me. *Smile

Aabhi021290, Aug 25, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times

This confirms my suspicion that the software of datacard is not compatible with windows 10.
    Contact their support for this problem.

14. Thanks

Aabhi021290, Aug 26, 2015
  15. I just encountered the Bad_Pool_Header Blue Screen of Death a few minutes ago. All I did was click to open a specific forum thread. How many of these Blue Screen of Death errors are there? I've had at least two every week, since upgrading from Win7 to Win10 back in August. More than the past 30 years combined. The only repeated BSOD is IRQL_Not_Less_Than. Every other BSOD incident is for a unique, first-time reason.

After today, I'm giving up on attempting to diagnose each BSOD. Will just accept that Win10 was poorly designed, and live with the annoyance until Microsoft improves or replaces this O.S..

AllenChicago, Oct 19, 2015
Thema:

BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times

1. BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times - Similar Threads - BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Error

2. BSOD on Windows 10 multiple times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Windows 10 multiple times: I am having multiple BSOD on my PC and I followed a thread which helped me locate the DMP files and upload them to OneDrive but I am not sure where or who to send that file to. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Windows 10 BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER

Windows 10 BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER: Hello, I'm looking for some help for a BSOD I frequently having been getting recently. I have the minidump file here: Link to file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TG5j2dL9dOnjQe75mfouQRlkhjmBRCjz I have already tried: sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  4. BSOD - Windows 10 - BAD_POOL_HEADER Unable to get MiVisibleState

BSOD - Windows 10 - BAD_POOL_HEADER Unable to get MiVisibleState: Hello TenForums! Getting Blue screen pretty much right after a Windows 10 clean install. If I power down and wait a bit, then power up, I will get a blue screen. Then I wait for it to create a dump and it will load Windows 10 normally. It's pretty consistent. When I shut...
  5. BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, Recently I've been getting fairly frequent BSOD (BAD_POOL_HEADER) on my PC. It was around the same time as I moved the PC from one room to another. Perhaps this is merely co-incidental, I don't know, perhaps a driver or something else causes the issues. After the BSODs...
  6. BSODs occurring after no particular action (BAD_POOL_HEADER)

BSODs occurring after no particular action (BAD_POOL_HEADER): I am getting occasional BSODs on my W10 PC. (details on my profile) The most recent one was after I clicked on a Facebook link in Chrome, and my computer blue screened giving a BAD_POOL_HEADER error. I tried debugging it myself using WinDbg but I wasn't able to find the...
  7. BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header

BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header: I've only just upgraded to Windows 10 and have gotten the BSOD several times during the upgrade. The upgrade did complete, but now the BSOD is random although opening Edge does seem to set it off. Any help would be most appreciated. 31335
  8. Bsod bad_pool_header

Bsod bad_pool_header: My computer bsod randomly when i'm browsing the internet (once every 6 days or so). I'm thinking it's a driver issue but am unsure which drivers to reinstall. This computer is around 3 months old which i built. 71048
  9. BSODS, again :( BAD_POOL_HEADER

BSODS, again :( BAD_POOL_HEADER: I had solved my last Blue Screens replacing my RAMS, but now i've got a BSOD.*Mad I was downloading BLACK OPS 3 on Steam and Browsing Internet (Chrome), while editing a file with WordPad. Logs attached. 37087
  10. BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached: Hi, I've finally given up and looking to windows 10 experts to help :( I randomly receive BSOD caused by tcpip.sys (so it says). For instance, i received one 10 minutes ago after waking up in the morning (5.30am AEST), turning my monitor on, pressing 'enter' to log on,...