Windows 10: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times

Discus and support BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just encountered the Bad_Pool_Header Blue Screen of Death a few minutes ago. All I did was click to open a specific forum thread. How many of these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aabhi021290, Aug 11, 2015.

1. axe0 New Member

BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times

There are a lot of stop codes.

If you want help with your BSOD's, please read How to upload files

2. Jayci Win User

I, too, have had more BSOD's since the last update of Windows 10 than I have in my entire life on computers (starting with the Commodor 64 back in the 80's). I get a BSOD with a " *Sad " face and a message about "BAD_POOL_HEADER"
    Usually, like 90% of the time is is when I am online and browsing with Chrome, but I used IE and Firefox to check it and the same thing... BAD_POOL_HEADER
    It auto-restarts and takes a while to start-up, but then I don't see that BSOD for 20-30 minutes. Most of the BSOD's are shortly after I initially start my computer, I have no idea why. Twice I got a message about "Cortana" failing to log me in (it must do that automatically) and then it BSOD over that.
    I think it's a Windows 10 issue that will be fixed in a later update.
    NOW... if anyone recognizes a pattern in the BSOD's I explained and know of a fix/override, I would LOVE to learn about it.
    For now, I will put up with the 5-10 BSOD's each day and wait for an update patch.

Jayci, Oct 23, 2015
  3. axe0 New Member
    If you would follow the instructions I have posted in my previous post, we could help.

4. kopkilooo Win User

I recently encountered this BSOD also!
    After many attempts to restart the PC (always after microsoft account loading, i was getting this BSOD, and rendered the PC unusable - until a clean winows install or error fixing) i decide to re-install windows (didn't had to many important things so i said said what the hell). Before installing windows i decide to test my RAM memory (all 4 sticks of RAM - ok, no errors after 16 hours of memtest86). So the fix that worked for me:
    I made the stick bootable (was preparing for a clean install of windows) (made it bootable on a laptop) , restarted pc, and when it first booted (note that was the bootloader from the HDD - not the one from the stick ) i was offered the options to "REPAIR WINDOWS" " Something that i just don't remember now" and " Restart PC and countinue to WINDOWS 10".
    I said what the heck let's give it a try (since i was prepared to clean install in case of something went wrong) and i've choosen the "Repair WINDOWS", after was something like choose location - selected the USB and clicked continue! After about 10 secs the PC restarted and gues what.....NO BSOD (i did this about 2 months ago).Everything is working fine for me right now so i think it's worth a try , unless you choose a clean Windows installer!

kopkilooo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Windows 10 Error Multiple times - Similar Threads - BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER Error

2. BSOD on Windows 10 multiple times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Windows 10 multiple times: I am having multiple BSOD on my PC and I followed a thread which helped me locate the DMP files and upload them to OneDrive but I am not sure where or who to send that file to. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Windows 10 BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER

Windows 10 BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER: Hello, I'm looking for some help for a BSOD I frequently having been getting recently. I have the minidump file here: Link to file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TG5j2dL9dOnjQe75mfouQRlkhjmBRCjz I have already tried: sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  4. BSOD - Windows 10 - BAD_POOL_HEADER Unable to get MiVisibleState

BSOD - Windows 10 - BAD_POOL_HEADER Unable to get MiVisibleState: Hello TenForums! Getting Blue screen pretty much right after a Windows 10 clean install. If I power down and wait a bit, then power up, I will get a blue screen. Then I wait for it to create a dump and it will load Windows 10 normally. It's pretty consistent. When I shut...
  5. BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, Recently I've been getting fairly frequent BSOD (BAD_POOL_HEADER) on my PC. It was around the same time as I moved the PC from one room to another. Perhaps this is merely co-incidental, I don't know, perhaps a driver or something else causes the issues. After the BSODs...
  6. BSODs occurring after no particular action (BAD_POOL_HEADER)

BSODs occurring after no particular action (BAD_POOL_HEADER): I am getting occasional BSODs on my W10 PC. (details on my profile) The most recent one was after I clicked on a Facebook link in Chrome, and my computer blue screened giving a BAD_POOL_HEADER error. I tried debugging it myself using WinDbg but I wasn't able to find the...
  7. BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header

BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header: I've only just upgraded to Windows 10 and have gotten the BSOD several times during the upgrade. The upgrade did complete, but now the BSOD is random although opening Edge does seem to set it off. Any help would be most appreciated. 31335
  8. Bsod bad_pool_header

Bsod bad_pool_header: My computer bsod randomly when i'm browsing the internet (once every 6 days or so). I'm thinking it's a driver issue but am unsure which drivers to reinstall. This computer is around 3 months old which i built. 71048
  9. BSODS, again :( BAD_POOL_HEADER

BSODS, again :( BAD_POOL_HEADER: I had solved my last Blue Screens replacing my RAMS, but now i've got a BSOD.*Mad I was downloading BLACK OPS 3 on Steam and Browsing Internet (Chrome), while editing a file with WordPad. Logs attached. 37087
  10. BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached: Hi, I've finally given up and looking to windows 10 experts to help :( I randomly receive BSOD caused by tcpip.sys (so it says). For instance, i received one 10 minutes ago after waking up in the morning (5.30am AEST), turning my monitor on, pressing 'enter' to log on,...