Windows 10: BSOD Bad_system_config_info, Hardware Diagnostics: 'Error different of UNC. Cannot continue...

Discus and support BSOD Bad_system_config_info, Hardware Diagnostics: 'Error different of UNC. Cannot continue... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone! My laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad L440. It turned into BSOD a week ago, with 'Bad_system_config_info' shown in the screen. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by winni4, Jul 15, 2020.

1. winni4 Win User

BSOD Bad_system_config_info, Hardware Diagnostics: 'Error different of UNC. Cannot continue...

Hello everyone!

My laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad L440. It turned into BSOD a week ago, with 'Bad_system_config_info' shown in the screen.

I tried the advanced options but they won't work, including startup repair, startup settings, uninstall updates, system restore, command prompt.

I also tried to download windows 10 media creation tool but it only allows me to install windows only but not keeping my files.

I can't even reset my laptop, both 'keep my files' and 'remove everything.

Here's the point:

So I tried looking into the latest minidump file. Though I'm not sure if I am looking at the right thing, the bugcheck analysis showed DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f.

Module name and Image name are ndis.sys.

Then I run the 'Recover Bad Sectors Tool' in Lenovo diagnostics. I tried it three times, each time 'Error different of UNC. Cannot continue testing. Error Time out' appears, along with 212 results of recover.

I googled it and it seems to be a bad sign that I need to back up my files and change HDD, is it true? What should I do if I want to fix my computer?

Please help me out!! Thanks!!

:)

winni4, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade

Hi Jan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts take by you in resolving the issue. I understand that after an upgrade you are receive Blue Screen error on the computer with Bad_System_Config_Info. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the update that was installed on the computer recently?
    • What is the complete model number of the computer that you are using?

The “Bad_System_Config_Info” error means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . Select
    After an update was installed
    and perform the suggested steps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 15, 2020
  3. alannpb Win User
    1709 BSOD error on boot: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO; have minidump; need help

Thanks, Pedro, for that link, which has some good recovery suggestions. I am slowly working my way through the list.

So far, I have successfully reverted my system to an earlier system image which did not have the problem at the time. However, it still

does. The symptoms that prompted my post and that continue are:

1. The first boot crashes before reaching the desktop with a BSOD with stop code "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO".

2. The system automatically restarts and succeeds in reaching the desktop without an error.

So far, in that link of suggested fixes, I have tried:

a) boot to safe mode; then restart with normal booting. This did not help

Besides fixing the problem, I would like to understand what is causing it. That's because, earlier, I thought they were caused by the 1803 build. But now that they have returned with my 1709 build, this suggests something else. Hence the minidumps.

alan

alannpb, Jul 15, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD Bad_system_config_info, Hardware Diagnostics: 'Error different of UNC. Cannot continue...

BSOD during gaming, plethora of different error codes!

Hello and welcome to TenForums BSOD Bad_system_config_info, Hardware Diagnostics: 'Error different of UNC. Cannot continue... :)

The log files that you provided only show one crash dump file so there is not a lot of information to go on. Furthermore the bugcheck code is not one I have ever seen before!

The stack recorded in the dump includes some references to storage and the analysis suggests memory corruption and so with nothing else to go on I would suggest that you do a check on the hard disk and RAM. This maybe the same as you have already run but it would be good to see the results.

Try CHKDSK
    using option 3
    Then

Diagnostics Test [/i] HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Similarly with a memory test it would be good to post the results after you have run memtest86+ for a minimum of 8 passes

You indicated that many more crashes have occurred, however, they are not being recorded. Please make sure that your system is setup to record crash dump files: Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

If the BSOD errors are all different it does tend to suggest a hardware problem. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

philc43, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD Bad_system_config_info, Hardware Diagnostics: 'Error different of UNC. Cannot continue... - Similar Threads - BSOD Bad_system_config_info Hardware

2. BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.: Hi, I started up my computer today and i got BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM-CONFIG-INFO. I've tried all the options to troubleshoot and fix the problem, with them all saying I need to free up space on the drive where Windows is installed, but I can't free up space if I can't...
  3. BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.: Hi, I started up my computer today and i got BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM-CONFIG-INFO. I've tried all the options to troubleshoot and fix the problem, with them all saying I need to free up space on the drive where Windows is installed, but I can't free up space if I can't...
  4. Windows 10 Continuous BSODs with different errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Continuous BSODs with different errors: Hello! I have a homemade PC that has worked just fine for me up until a few months ago. Suddenly, I have been getting Blue Screens of Death on a twice-weekly basis, for many different error codes.IRQL not less or equal; Critical Process Died; etcI am not familiar enough with...
  5. Windows 10 Continuous BSODs with different errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Continuous BSODs with different errors: Hello! I have a homemade PC that has worked just fine for me up until a few months ago. Suddenly, I have been getting Blue Screens of Death on a twice-weekly basis, for many different error codes.IRQL not less or equal; Critical Process Died; etcI am not familiar enough with...
  6. Windows 10 Continuous BSODs with different errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Continues BSOD - Different Errorcodes

Continues BSOD - Different Errorcodes: Hey since a few weeks i have very strange BSODs. My Windows-Version's 1909 - Build 18363.778 LARSKUSCH-PC-(2020-04-16_11-39-06).zip May you help me? 154396
  8. Error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, BSOD when booting the PC

Error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, BSOD when booting the PC: My laptop: Dell vostro 3550 I've just disassembled and cleaned my laptop just the main and fan, everything even test laptop work well . But that night laptop shows BSODError: Bad_systems_config_info. I've tried boot in safemode but still this error! I've tried system...
  9. Different and continuous BSOD's

Different and continuous BSOD's: My Pc keeps crashing with different bsod fail codes. This includes page fault in nonpaged area, Memory Management, irql not less or equal and a few others. I've tried various methods, like sfc/scannow, chkdsk, updating windows and so on with no succes. I would really...
  10. Bad_system_config_info BSOD loop

Bad_system_config_info BSOD loop: My laptop keek crashing in a loop and i can't acsses to disktop at all or to sfe mode. I've tried every troubleshooting option but it didn't work until now I also tried to delete registery key when i saw someone here say that kind of problem caused by the registery fils...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error diferent of

2. error different of unc