Windows 10: BSOD Because A File Not Digitally Signed - Also Bootloader Question

Discus and support BSOD Because A File Not Digitally Signed - Also Bootloader Question in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Earlier today I was restoring a backup from third party software and I was greeted with a blue screen saying that I had a file that was not digitally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Delonharlee, May 23, 2022.

1. BSOD Because A File Not Digitally Signed - Also Bootloader Question

Earlier today I was restoring a backup from third party software and I was greeted with a blue screen saying that I had a file that was not digitally signed and would not be able to progress further into Windows, and had to enter recovery environment.One of these options took me to the UEFI/Bios, the other option kept landing on the same blue screen !I thought I would boot from CD Media and selected it on system boot, to be greeted with the words "boot failure".As a last ditch attempt I moved "Windows Boot Loader/Manager" or something similar from number 1 position down a few places and put

:)

Delonharlee, May 23, 2022
  2. mike888 Win User

BSOD Because A File Not Digitally Signed - Also Bootloader Question

Earlier today I was restoring a backup from third party software and I was greeted with a blue screen saying that I had a file that was not digitally signed and would not be able to progress further into Windows, and had to enter recovery environment.

One of these options took me to the UEFI/Bios, the other option kept landing on the same blue screen !
    I thought I would boot from CD Media and selected it on system boot, to be greeted with the words "boot failure".

As a last ditch attempt I moved "Windows Boot Loader/Manager" (or something similar) from number 1 position down a few places and put my SSD at position 1. This successfully restored my system and things appear normal but i am wondering if moving the "Windows Boot Loader/Manager" down the list will give me problems at some stage, can someone advise please ?

Incidentally I do all my backups on a partition of the main drive. I do it this way for convenience and realise its limitations. As i have many machines I do at least 50 -100 backups a year and have found this process to work well for me. I can count on one hand the number of backup problems I have had in 15 years.

mike888, May 23, 2022
  3. namitakrs Win User
    What software do you recommend for digitally signing documents?

These are my fav digital signing documents software:
    • Sign Server
    • I safe pdf
    • DocuSign
    • Sign on Doc
    • Dotted Sign
    You can try these softwares.

namitakrs, May 23, 2022
  4. Nubcake Win User

Secure Boot - Custom signed bootloader

Through Secure Boot on Windows 10, I am trying to make it so that only a bootloader signed with my private key can boot on a machine. This means that even if someone else comes along with a Microsoft trusted OS with all the digital signatures, it should fail to boot because it was not signed with my private key. As for the reason why I want to do this, I was told to do so I must find a way.

What I have done is deleted the firmware keys (PK, KEK, DB, DBX) in my BIOS, and enrolled my own public keys which I generated using OpenSSL. I then created a bootable USB disk using Rufus, signed the Windows bootloader, bootx64.efi, using sbsign with the corresponding private key (DB.key) effectively replacing Microsoft's signature with my own.

But when I try to boot via the USB, I get a blue screen with the following error:

It does not say which file though so I thought I had to sign all the .EFI binaries and then put them on the USB disk which is what I did but the same error occurred. I also tried disabling Secure Boot and see if that would change anything but it still gave me the same error.

How can I get this to work? Am I missing something else here?

Nubcake, May 23, 2022
Thema:

1. BSOD Because A File Not Digitally Signed - Also Bootloader Question - Similar Threads - BSOD File Digitally

2. 2 .dll files not digitally signed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 .dll files not digitally signed.: Hello! I currently can't launch my Desktop because two .dll files that I think are called amfrt64.dll and amfrt32.dll are not digitally signed. I tried to fix the problem by installing new AMD drivers for my AMD 560 because I thought that might fix it, but all it did was make...
  3. 2 .dll files not digitally signed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 .dll files not digitally signed.: Hello! I currently can't launch my Desktop because two .dll files that I think are called amfrt64.dll and amfrt32.dll are not digitally signed. I tried to fix the problem by installing new AMD drivers for my AMD 560 because I thought that might fix it, but all it did was make...
  4. 2 .dll files not digitally signed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. digital license question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    digital license question: Hello! I asked this question yesterday but now can't seem to reply in the same thread to ask for clarification. Sorry to clutter this forum.I purchased a 11 pro digital license through the Microsoft store to upgrade a work computer computer 1. However, I was foolish and...
  6. digital license question

digital license question: Hello! I asked this question yesterday but now can't seem to reply in the same thread to ask for clarification. Sorry to clutter this forum.I purchased a 11 pro digital license through the Microsoft store to upgrade a work computer computer 1. However, I was foolish and...
  7. BSOD Because A File Not Digitally Signed - Also Bootloader Question

BSOD Because A File Not Digitally Signed - Also Bootloader Question: Earlier today I was restoring a backup from third party software and I was greeted with a blue screen saying that I had a file that was not digitally signed and would not be able to progress further into Windows, and had to enter recovery environment.One of these options took...
  8. BSOD Because A File Not Digitally Signed - Also Bootloader Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Because A File Not Digitally Signed - Also Bootloader Question: Earlier today I was restoring a backup from third party software and I was greeted with a blue screen saying that I had a file that was not digitally signed and would not be able to progress further into Windows, and had to enter recovery environment.One of these options took...
  9. Digital License Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Digital License Question: My brand new laptop comes with Windows 10 Pro Education edition which is activated with a digital license. I was able to retrieve the license using the CMD, but my question is, if I change the license to Windows 10 Pro edition, will I be able to roll back to Education...
  10. the driver cannot be installed because it is either not digitally signed or not signed in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the driver cannot be installed because it is either not digitally signed or not signed in...: Hello, I am trying to print a page from my new Lenovo flex 5. I added my printer brother mfc-j430w but it says the driver is unavailable, I also tried to update the driver from device manager but I get the line mentioned above in the subject....