Windows 10: BSOD before closing program

Discus and support BSOD before closing program in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After closing a C# program written in VS 2019/2017, BSOD appears with some chance. The error code was CRITICAL_PROCCESS_DIED looking at the dump, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyzhikovTihon, May 27, 2021.

1. BSOD before closing program

After closing a C# program written in VS 2019/2017, BSOD appears with some chance. The error code was CRITICAL_PROCCESS_DIED looking at the dump, the source of the error is ntoskrnl.exe or a binary code in this case, the code cannot be seen, since the blue screen was displayed for a moment. Also, if you are lucky and the program closes successfully, then in VS in the log it will be written that some file is missing in the temporary directory. Computer specifications: Ryzen 5 1600 16GB RAM GTX 1650 4GB

:)

RyzhikovTihon, May 27, 2021
  2. axe0 Win User

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD before closing program :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD before closing program [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 27, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD before closing program

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

BSOD before closing program

1. BSOD before closing program - Similar Threads - BSOD before closing

2. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  3. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  4. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  5. How to automatically close a process/program right before shutting down the pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically close a process/program right before shutting down the pc?: So i have Ambilight connected to my PC, controlled by a software called Prismatik. If i turn off the computer without closing that program, the lights will stay on. How can i make a script that will first kill Prismatik before proceeding to shutting down the computer? I...
  6. Programs Spontaneously Closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Spontaneously Closing: Hi. So for a while now, programs currently running on my computer have been spontaneously closing, usually when the computer is under stress when running games. I am not the one closing the programs and no viruses have been found on my computer. I have tried booting into...
  7. programs auto closing

programs auto closing: hi guys i have opened the builtin admn by changing the cmd to sethc so whenever i press shift 5 times at login it opens the cmd for me to type the net user admin /active:yes command but my question is i open taskmgr with the cmd i mentioned before I run programs from "run...
  8. Closing programs

Closing programs: Having Window 10 is cool but I need to know why I can't close Yahoo Messenger and Skype. "Quit Skype" is in a black area on Skype and "Sign Out" in Yahoo messenger is the same. I cannot close these 2 programs, they are not Apps, when I am ready to shut down the computer. Does...
  9. Programs Closing

Programs Closing: I'm not an expert, so please go easy on me. My main problem is programs suddenly close. When using a browser (Firefox or Chrome) the program will close. Approx every 3-5 minutes. However, there are times it will stay open for significantly longer. I've tried using Firefox...
  10. same program that i closed the night before is open

in Windows 10 Support
    same program that i closed the night before is open: my computer upgraded,& now when i wake up ,the same program that i closed the night before is open. anyone have the same thing happening? 88460