Windows 10: BSOD before shutting down

Discus and support BSOD before shutting down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I shut down my laptop, the screen went black like normal shutdown, but suddenly BSOD with IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL. Device Model: ASUS X450LCP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rong Jie, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Rong Jie Win User

BSOD before shutting down

When I shut down my laptop, the screen went black like normal shutdown, but suddenly BSOD with IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL.

Device Model: ASUS X450LCP (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X450LC/HelpDesk_Download/)

Here is the minidump file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DuPIzH1yMDLeO7FEhgTSOoWLwbtcxKfW/view?usp=sharing

:)

Rong Jie, Aug 14, 2018
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD before shutting down :)

cplpro, Aug 14, 2018
  4. axe0 Win User

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD before shutting down [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    • Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    • Go to the firewall settings,
    • Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    • Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

1. BSOD before shutting down - Similar Threads - BSOD before shutting

2. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  3. When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.: When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs. This used to not happen to me. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-shutting-down-i-need-to-close-file-explorer/8da84e04-e5fa-4010-8324-64a9da339890
  4. BSOD then shuts down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD then shuts down: I am just watching YouTube and the problem happened. It happened again when I start games like Gears 5, the BSOD on the menu of the game. Should I be concerned about any component? i5 4570 12GB RAM (8 and 4) RX460 PSU 400W Recently I have problems with games, my PC just...
  5. PC shuts down before download is finished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC shuts down before download is finished: Hi, I've been trying to download a Windows 10 ISO in Firefox, but my PC auto shutdowns before the download finishes. I've set "Turn off the display" to Never, and also "Put the computer to sleep". I really need this file, so please help me....
  6. laptop shutting down before battery is low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop shutting down before battery is low: laptop shutting down before battery is low how to fix this. This happened after windows update :-( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutting-down-before-battery-is-low/da7da672-6d86-4a85-9f8f-8b853dee86f4
  7. Windows shuts down before completing update

Windows shuts down before completing update: As the title states, Windows shuts down before the cumulative updates can finish. It gets to exactly 7% every time before shutting off completely. I've had this computer for about four months and I cannot recall it ever actually completing. The error code I'm getting when...
  8. Computer shutting down before an update is complete

Computer shutting down before an update is complete: Whenever I select the option to "Update and Shut Down" my computer shuts down before the update begins or can complete. It shuts down within 1 or 2 minutes. I am unsure of how to fix this problem. Please let me know, thanks!...
  9. shut down with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shut down with no BSOD: hi guys. Weird problem. Had a BSOD which you guys id'd as being a malware-bytes issue so its been disabled. But now its shutting down with no BSOD primarily while in a browser but not any in particular. Appreciate any help you can give. 46579
  10. Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Light blinks before Shutting Down: When I sign out of my user profile on my 2 Acer laptops and then click shut down, the computer goes black indicating that it is shutting down. However, the power light blinks until it shuts down completely. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or what but when hibernation is...