Windows 10: BSOD / Black Screen + Sound Loop

Discus and support BSOD / Black Screen + Sound Loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, builded 2 weeks ago my PC but having problems of BSOD or Black Screen with Sound Loop (no signal). OS: Win 10 pro x64 CPU: i5 6500 3.2ghz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Animal, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Animal Win User

BSOD / Black Screen + Sound Loop

Hello, builded 2 weeks ago my PC but having problems of BSOD or Black Screen with Sound Loop (no signal).

CPU: i5 6500 3.2ghz
    MOBO: Asus H170m-PLUS
    RAM: Corsair 1x8GB DDR4 2133MHz (before 2x4)
    GPU: Sapphire r9 380 4gb NITRO
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
    PSU: Corsair 650W GOLD Certified
    CASE: Antec
    MONITOR: Aoc i2470Pw

Here it's my log. The last BSOD i had was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after putting the 1x 4gb in the B2 ram module.
    Before i used the pc all the day without problems except 2 times i had a Black Screen with Sound Loop while Playing.
    I tested the last week an HD 5700 and i hadn't Black Screen but i had Blue Screens, now testing again the HD5700.

:)

Animal, Dec 15, 2015

2. Critical_Process_Died

After using my PC for a few hours today, I'm not getting any BSODs but the audio in certain games seems to be stuttering and looping once in a while which is what it used to do before a BSOD.

EDIT: My computer just crashed with a looping sound but no BSOD. The screen just went black and said "Cable not connected" and then it automatically restarted. How can I fix this?

JimmyJosser, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Nitsujz Win User
    PC Crash: LiveKernelEvent

Don't have a folder called Minidump.

Anyway, if it just turns my screen black - sound works sometimes screeching sound. Does it still make a DMP file or only on BSOD?

Nitsujz, Dec 15, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Animal,

Please test your memory and clean install the AMD video drivers.

BSOD / Black Screen + Sound Loop [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    BSOD / Black Screen + Sound Loop [​IMG]
    RAM TEST
    *Name: Views: Size: Attachment 54016
    Code: ffffd000`6f5faeb8 fffff800`7d684c94Unable to load image atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x124c94 1: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff800`7d560000 fffff800`7ea6a000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Tue Aug 04 05:28:52 2015 (55C03174) CheckSum: 014ADEC6 ImageSize: 0150A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Animal Win User
    *Name: Views: Size: Attachment 54016
    Code: ffffd000`6f5faeb8 fffff800`7d684c94Unable to load image atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x124c94 1: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff800`7d560000 fffff800`7ea6a000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Tue Aug 04 05:28:52 2015 (55C03174) CheckSum: 014ADEC6 ImageSize: 0150A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Ok, i have uninstalled all and reinstalled only Video + Audio.

Running Memtest86+ i got errors using both, using only one, using the other, so i think the RAM KIT is failed, looking at the MOBO they should be alright, i'll send them back and let you know.

Animal, Dec 16, 2015
  6. Animal Win User
    @axe0

Unfortunately the Black Screen + Sound Loop continues, even after the new RAM.

Were playing Call of Duty World at War.

New Log Collector data is Attached.

Animal, Dec 23, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    I need some specs of you that aren't present

8. Animal Win User

Fine now? Thanks!

Animal, Dec 23, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Get a valid license first.
    Code: <DiagReport> <LicensingData> <ToolVersion>10.0.10586.0</ToolVersion> <LicensingStatus>SL_LICENSING_STATUS_UNLICENSED</LicensingStatus> <LicensingStatusReason>0xC004F014</LicensingStatusReason> <LocalGenuineState>SL_GEN_STATE_INVALID_LICENSE</LocalGenuineState> <LocalGenuineResultP>0</LocalGenuineResultP> <LastOnlineGenuineResult></LastOnlineGenuineResult> <GraceTimeMinutes>0</GraceTimeMinutes> <TotalGraceDays>0</TotalGraceDays> <ValidityExpiration></ValidityExpiration> <ActivePartialProductKey>3V66T</ActivePartialProductKey> <ActiveProductKeyPid2>00330-80000-00000-AA726</ActiveProductKeyPid2> <OSVersion>10.0.10586.2.00010100.0.0.048</OSVersion> <ProductName>Windows 10 Pro</ProductName> <ProcessorArchitecture>x64</ProcessorArchitecture> <EditionId>Professional</EditionId> <BuildLab>10586.th2_release.151029-1700</BuildLab> <TimeZone>ora solare Europa occidentale(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone> <ActiveSkuId></ActiveSkuId> <ActiveSkuDescription></ActiveSkuDescription> <ProductUniquenessGroups></ProductUniquenessGroups> <ActiveProductKeyPKeyId></ActiveProductKeyPKeyId> <ActiveProductKeyPidEx>55041-03308-000-000000-00-1040-10586.0000-3312015</ActiveProductKeyPidEx> <ActiveProductKeyChannel>Retail</ActiveProductKeyChannel> <ActiveVolumeCustomerPid></ActiveVolumeCustomerPid> <OfflineInstallationId></OfflineInstallationId> <DomainJoined>false</DomainJoined> <ComputerSid>S-1-5-21-647609042-3752203043-3025407552</ComputerSid> <ProductLCID>1040</ProductLCID> <UserLCID>1040</UserLCID> <SystemLCID>1040</SystemLCID> <CodeSigning>SIGNED_INFO_PRS_SIGNED</CodeSigning> <ServiceAvailable>false</ServiceAvailable> <OemMarkerVersion></OemMarkerVersion> <OemId></OemId> <OemTableId></OemTableId> <Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer> <Model>System Product Name</Model> <InstallDate>20151220121645.000000+060</InstallDate> </LicensingData> <HealthCheck> <Result>PASS</Result> <TamperedItems></TamperedItems> </HealthCheck> <GenuineAuthz> <ServerProps>0xc0000022</ServerProps> </GenuineAuthz> </DiagReport>[/quote]

10. Animal Win User
    [/quote] Yeah i'm trying to figure out that because i have a valid license as you can see in the first ZIP i posted, but after troubleshooting thing that keeped only files i have to activate again, thought i had the black screen also when it was activated.

Animal, Dec 23, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    I compared the 2 zips with each other and was a little surprised about it, you indeed have a valid license in the first zip.
    If you need help with getting the system activated again, you might want to go to Windows Updates and Activation - Windows 10 Forums and create a thread.

The black screen and sound loop only occur when gaming?

12. Animal Win User
    Yes i'm trying to activate again, my license was from an old Windows 7 pro DVD.

Yup, i'm thinking it could be the game, as very old (Call of Duty World at War)
    Fortunately the Blue Screens are gone since i installed the new RAM.

Animal, Dec 23, 2015
  13. Animal Win User

@axe0

After 2 minutes of game just got Black Screen, really want to know if the problem is CoD or something in my hardware/software!

Latest logs attached.

Also i will shortly reinstall Windows from DVD so i can get my license back.

Animal, Dec 23, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Know that a black screen is different from a bluescreen, the log files won't be as useful as with a bluescreen because with a blackscreen there isn't any kind of a specific log saved.

15. Animal Win User
    Ok! But is there any software that can see what's going on when i play? i already checked out temperatures and all is fine.

Animal, Dec 23, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD / Black Screen + Sound Loop - Similar Threads - BSOD Black Screen

2. Black Screen and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen and BSOD: Hello, recently my laptop just got a black screen and a bsod with code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I took my laptop to a service center last week because of bsod loop problem and they just reset my laptop and removed my added ssd. I thought it's fixed already but suddenly i...
  3. BSOD and black screen

BSOD and black screen: I have just run verifier a number of times and keep getting a BSOD. I believe I solved the previous error caused by UltraISO for which I was given the error for 'Program.sys ISODrv64+0x1AC27' using WhoCrashed by uninstalling UltraISOI keep getting Bugcheck name: program.sys...
  4. BSOD and black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and black screen: I have just run verifier a number of times and keep getting a BSOD. I believe I solved the previous error caused by UltraISO for which I was given the error for 'Program.sys ISODrv64+0x1AC27' using WhoCrashed by uninstalling UltraISOI keep getting Bugcheck name: program.sys...
  5. BSODs and Black screen

BSODs and Black screen: I do random stuff on my laptop, a bit of gaming, discord and streaming but I don't go very aggressive on it, but this happens to me once every day usually and it's scary. I went to reliability tool, and it sometimes classifies it as "shut down unexpectedly" or "Hardware...
  6. Screen goes black with the sound.

Screen goes black with the sound.: When playing a game the screen will randomly go black and can still hear the sound. It has happened while watching Netflix also. Only way to get the picture back is to shut down the computer. ive tried different bios versions. used ddu to reinstall the graphics drivers and...
  7. No BSOD, but PC freezes, sound loops.

No BSOD, but PC freezes, sound loops.: Hello dear forumers, I'm getting crazy about this error I get everytime I turn on PC, I've ran every PCU, GPU, Memory test, everything is ok. After that I've tried to clean uninstall GPU drivers and install new one, tryed to sfc scannow, etc., but nothing works. In Event...
  8. Black Screen with sounds

Black Screen with sounds: Hello everyone Three days ago I started having some issues, my laptop will turn on but, after posting, nothing will appear in my screen. Just the black screen with white light in the background indicating that the screen is on. what i have done to remedy this issue is:...
  9. Black screen and screetching sounds

Black screen and screetching sounds: a few days, playing witcher 3, I had the following problem: I had a sound as if a CD was scratched, and then my monitor hung up. but I kept hearing the sound of the game, and the mouse continued with the led leds, and the keyboard as well. I rebooted the computer, and it...
  10. Black screen of death loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen of death loop: I installed windows 10 and it seems great, except every now and again it restarts out of nowhere. Then it will go into this loop of restarts with this screen I've captured and then restart again. Today the computer was in sleep mode and I started using it for 10 minutes then...