Windows 10: BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers

Discus and support BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 111574 Have been having the graphics display driver nvlddmkm drop out sporadically when playing various blizzard games. Only recently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Helsgarde, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Helsgarde Win User

BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers

Attachment 111574

Have been having the graphics display driver nvlddmkm drop out sporadically when playing various blizzard games. Only recently, while playing Starcraft 2, have I run into a BSOD twice with no visible warning as far as I could tell. As far as I can tell, this only ever happens with blizzard games. At first I thought it was the battle.net client, but issues have still been popping up from time to time despite ending the client while on any of the Blizzard games.

I didn't save the mini dump from either of those, but the one attached is from running windows verifier with the entire list selected. During that time I was getting the whole windows verifier IOmanager violation error.

Any help would be appreciated and please let me know if I can provide any other information.

PS: Having issues with the DM log collector, doesn't appear to be making a file when it finishes. Have attached what sysinfo and events I could below.

Attachment 111575

:)

Helsgarde, Nov 26, 2016

2. APPcrash event Logs

The games are mostly League of Legends from Riot games and Diablo 3 from Blizzard entertainment, along with a few random games from Steam. Everything on the computer works perfectly it is only when I play a game that I get an application error. I have
    not made any changes to the system other than upgrade to W10 and I was still getting the problem before the upgrade. I have done the clean boot, checked memory (Memory Diagnostics), updated drivers, clean install of OS, uninstalled the games over and over
    in case it was file corruption but nothing.

Dennis Da Menace, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Inkfathom Win User
    Hearthstone giving me video_tdr_failures after installing windows 10.

Hey everyone,

I haven't had any problems with this before, but when I try playing the Blizzard game Hearthstone it almost always gives me a blue screen of death "video_tdr_failure" at some point during the game, and sometimes (but not usually) when I don't start a game
    and am just browsing the menus/collection. Oddly enough, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it worked for a couple games, then started giving me BSOD's again. Nonetheless, I think Hearthstone is putting too much stress on the graphics card,
    and I suspect it's because my graphics card (Intel HD graphics family) doesn't work well with Windows 10. It is updated, however. I haven't tried playing other games with high graphics requirements, but I did try downloading and running FurMark (FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net)
    and it gave me the same BSOD. I also tried a memory test, and it said there was no memory issue. Anyone have an idea about how to fix this? Thanks a lot.

Inkfathom, Nov 26, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2016
  5. Helsgarde Win User
    I've already stated that the DM Log Collector does not seem to make the indicated zip file. I have tried running it on 3 separate occasions already. I have attached what sysinfo and event info I could to make up for part of it. Was there another requirement on that guideline that I did not read?

Helsgarde, Nov 27, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Are you running DM_Log_collector as described? Would really be nice to have all the additional collected files.

The verifier dump shows:
    Code: BugCheck C9, {21f, fffff800cdd8b174, ffff9b0455a74dc0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ScpVBus.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ScpVBus.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Code: 3: kd> lmvm ScpVBus Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`cdd80000 fffff800`cdd8e000 ScpVBus T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ScpVBus.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys Image name: ScpVBus.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Sun May 5 17:31:26 2013 (5186CFAE) CheckSum: 00010BD7 ImageSize: 0000E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    Company: Scarlet.Crush Productions
    Description: Scp Virtual Bus Driver

As you can see, it's quite old (2013) so needs to be removed or replaced with a newer version. There have been quite a few others with the same problem and the only fix was to remove it, no updated version available. I suggest doing that and seeing if that resolves the problem.

Ztruker, Nov 28, 2016
  7. Helsgarde Win User
    Thanks for taking the time to try and help me with my problem Ztruker. Will attempt to see if there is an update for the mentioned driver, or remove it if I can't find anything, and see if that resolves my problem (and will mark as solved).

Should I get another BSOD during the same situation I will try to provide what information I can.

Helsgarde, Nov 28, 2016
  8. Helsgarde Win User

Attachment 112174

I uninstalled the mentioned driver and for the most part it seems like the issues I was having disappeared. Have run into one TDR issue and that is about it. Until about 5 minutes prior to this post, where I got another BSOD. This time, at least, I was able to get the minidump. It was again Starcraft II while playing the Nova mission packs. While I've been having issues with the nvidia drivers (in particular nvlddmkm, which is apparently some kind of timing mismatch with windows), I've only been getting BSODs during the aforementioned time playing Starcraft.

I also figured out where the DM logger was saving my zip files (it made a new desktop folder on my SSD). I just didn't realize since when the logger is finished it cleared the window before I could find out where it was being saved.

Thank you again for any help and for the time spent.

Helsgarde, Dec 1, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    The latest dump indicates a problem with your Nvidia card/chip/driver:
    Code: BugCheck D5, {fffff60126f86fa8, 0, fffff803a3d572d0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys[/quote] You have driver version 375.70 dated 10/24/2016. The web site has version 376.09 dated 2016.11.28.

Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Dec 2, 2016
  10. Helsgarde Win User
    Well, I've done a full uninstall of the nvidia drivers, and have only installed the graphics driver and the phyx driver, as suggested, and so far things seem to be going well. I'm wondering if the issues lay with the geforce experience or a bad initial install of the drivers.

I'll mark this as solved for now, but I will return if any more issues pop up. Is it preferable to add on to this thread if the issue seems related or is it better to make a new thread?

Anyways, thank you for your patience and help with my issue Ztruker.

Helsgarde, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers - Similar Threads - BSOD Blizzard Games

2. BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver: Installed WinDBG as per the tutorial, as getting fairly regular BSODs not quite figured how to use it yet, was trying to identify my fairly regular BSODs Stop Code DPC watch dog violation, when saw several posts on the NVidea forum regarding BSODs with latest GPU drivers,...
  3. BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault: Here is the bugcheck https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YUXAEGaMKR_zbPFF0BrQR1Hj8UIfTJO_z35a-XhCMbk/edit?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-friend-suspects-bad-driver-at-fault/fba3590f-9563-4b57-9a5c-49fd4c8d8a76
  4. BSOD help, suspected driver issues.

BSOD help, suspected driver issues.: I've been having issues with my computer recently. The initial symptoms were that my two monitors would suddenly go black (usually when gaming + watching videos), only leaving sound as an output. When this happened I would have to power off my system with the power button to...
  5. crashing blizzard games

crashing blizzard games: I had no problem with my blizzard games until i updated my wifi driver, and got the latest update from blizzard with battle of azeroth. now, my internet browser is crashing. and so are my blizzard games. i've contacted blizzard, and the problem lies with the januarary...
  6. BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver

BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver: Hi there, I am experiencing BSODs in Win10 and followed the advice regarding discovering the cause, i.e. running mdsched.exe, Driver Verifier, SysInfo32 and Speccy data. I have uploaded the minidumps and other test results to:...
  7. BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver

BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver: Hi there, I am experiencing BSODs in Win10 and followed the advice regarding discovering the cause, i.e. running mdsched.exe, Driver Verifier, SysInfo32 and Speccy data. I have uploaded the minidumps and other test results to:...
  8. BSOD for most intensive games

BSOD for most intensive games: The error code for the BSOD on Windows 10 changes. It is almost never the same each time it comes up. Games like Hitman: Absolution, LoL, and CSGO often make my computer crash in the middle of the game and lead to a BSOD. I've gotten things from codes involving memory, to...
  9. BSOD - Gaming Blizzard titles - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD - Gaming Blizzard titles - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi team, Please find attached my computers internal details and error logs, msinfo etc etc. I've reset BIOS and upgraded all drivers, removed any clocking. Just haven't completed a fresh install which I was hoping to avoid. I'd really appreciate any assistance...
  10. BSOD installing with Blizzard Launcher

BSOD installing with Blizzard Launcher: I am getting the BSOD after trying to install Diablo 3 and Heroes of the Storm. I have World of Warcraft installed just fine, from the same launcher. I attached an picture of the BSOD I received trying to install Diablo 3. Any help would be appreciated. 69131