Windows 10: BSOD boot loop. Need help diagnosing hardware issues. DMP files attach

Discus and support BSOD boot loop. Need help diagnosing hardware issues. DMP files attach in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, I first posted this problem on Tomshardware at BSOD boot loop. Need help diagnosing hardware issues. DMP files attached. - Windows 10 The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alcatraz26, Jan 8, 2019.

1. BSOD boot loop. Need help diagnosing hardware issues. DMP files attach

Hi All,

I first posted this problem on Tomshardware at BSOD boot loop. Need help diagnosing hardware issues. DMP files attached. - Windows 10

The text is copy-pasted below.

I built a new PC a week ago and I am running into a problem where my PC would be stuck in a continuous BSOD loop. The BSODs started appearing two days after (I was playing GTA V). The BSOD error messages were different, with the main ones I remember being MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE (see dmp files below). I did NOT overclock my CPU or GPU. I did some troubleshooting and I think that I have a hardware issue (see below).

Specs
    CPU: Intel i9-9900k
    Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming (Latest Bios Version 1004)
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming (Factory Overclocked)
    Ram: Corsair Vengence RPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 750W
    Liquid Cooling: NZXT Kraken x52
    3 Hard Drives: 500GB m.2; 2 TB Sata SSD; 2 TB HDD
    Monitor: Asus 1080p, 144hz

Troubleshooting Steps I Took (None worked)
    1. Removed and reconnected all components and cables. All fans turn on and the motherboard does not beep.

2. Removed M.2 and reattached it. Worked for half a day, and then BSOD reappears. (I had originally thought that I had installed the M.2 wrong or had an error with the M.2 drive, but now the BSODs returned, even when running Windows 10 Installation Media when M.2 SSD is removed).

3. Removed everything from build except for motherboard, CPU, RAM, and PSU and tried booting from Official Windows 10 USB Media. Still had BSOD errors. (eliminated GPU and Hard Drives as faulty).

4. Tried booting from a Ubuntu USB. Did not get BSODs, but the computer would freeze shortly after entering "install Ubuntu" or "try Ubuntu."

5. Tried the two Ram slots individually on both the slots. Still BSOD.

6. Memtest86 and Windows Memory Diagnostic both show no errors on 8 passes each for both RAM sticks. (eliminated RAM as the problem)

7. Limited the number of active CPU cores via Bios: When I limit the cores to 3 (or fewer) I was able to boot briefly onto desktop but the CPU is extremely slow and will still BSOD 5 minutes after I log in (but allowed me to copy some DMP files). Limiting the cores to 3 allows me to enter Ubuntu without a crash (still crashes Ubuntu when all cores reactivated).

8. Updated the BIOS to the latest version, updated all drivers from Asus Motherboard page.

9. Ran dskchk, sfc /scannow, DISM.exe when the BSODs stopped for the half-day, but BSOD loop continues. (I cant even boot into Windows ATM).

Questions
    I have narrowed down the hardware problem to either the motherboard, CPU, or maybe PSU from troubleshooting steps above. What do you guys think? Any further tests I can do? Are there any forums similar to Tomshardware that I can also post?

As for potential PSU issue, do you guys think 750W is enough? I tried a watt calculator site and inputted my specs, which said my system uses 650 watts).

I don't have spare Cpu, ram, or PSU to narrow down the problem. I can try looking to borrow one or buy a used component for cheap to further test.

I would like some input before I start RMAs. I suspect that the problem lies with the CPU, due to step 4 above. I was able to get to boot into BIOS so I think the problem is not the motherboard. I am hoping that someone could read the DMP files to pinpoint the hardware problem.

Could malware also prevent me from fresh-installing Windows 10? I had Avast Free and did not get any virus warnings.

Thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to read this!

Minidumps + WhoCrashed Analysis
    I was able to quickly save some of the minidumps when the PC briefly booted onto windows. The WhoCrashed logs were obtained by copying the DMP files onto my laptop Windows folder and running the test from my laptop. One problematic driver from WhoCrashed is aswsnx.sys (Avast) but BSODs still occur after I uninstalled Avast.

Link to Minidumps
    BSOD dump files.zip - Google Drive

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Tue 1/8/2019 12:05:30 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010819-9656-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: aswsnx.sys (aswSnx+0x8118E)
    Bugcheck code: 0xF7 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, 0x0)
    Error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
    Bug check description: This indicates that a driver has overrun a stack-based buffer.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsnx.sys .
    Google query: aswsnx.sys DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

On Tue 1/8/2019 12:03:34 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010819-9156-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x64A39A)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80004A6239A, 0xFFFFCB01E94EC6C8, 0xFFFFCB01E94EBF10)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 1/8/2019 12:01:07 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010819-10531-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B1B40)
    Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFE48014F06480, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.
    There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 1/7/2019 11:57:49 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010719-9171-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xFF, 0x6E, 0x0)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

On Mon 1/7/2019 11:56:42 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010719-9609-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61941, 0xE1FECA6030, 0xD, 0xFFFFC18D8DBCCA00)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Mon 1/7/2019 11:31:06 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010719-10546-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61941, 0x4898FEF6E038, 0xD, 0xFFFFB58BA3E0EA00)
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Mon 1/7/2019 11:27:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010719-10515-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFA9804093927E, 0xFF, 0x31, 0xFFFFF8005853EB43)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

On Mon 1/7/2019 11:24:34 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010719-10000-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF8088919C2FF0, 0xFFFF8088919C2F48, 0x0)
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

On Mon 1/7/2019 11:22:30 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010719-10562-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61941, 0x485813A29210, 0xD, 0xFFFFDE0041A6BA00)

On Sat 1/5/2019 9:55:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010519-10671-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61941, 0xFFFFD5D640E11410, 0x9, 0xFFFF910A835F9780)

Conclusion
    10 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

aswsnx.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

:)

Alcatraz26, Jan 8, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums BSOD boot loop. Need help diagnosing hardware issues. DMP files attach :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD boot loop. Need help diagnosing hardware issues. DMP files attach [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

axe0, Jan 8, 2019
  3. codykQD Win User
    Help with BSOD (DMP file attached)

I was receiving the "kernel security check failure" BSOD after recently updating to windows 10 anniversary. I found this forum Here that
    explained how to verify my drivers and followed the instructions to the letter. then I received the "DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION (xxxxx.sys)"
    on restart except that there was no xx.sys after the word violation. so I grabbed my DMP I hopes that you can help me solve this problem.

See DMP file below

DMP file
    092616-6531-01.zip

Thanks

codykQD, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Techtu Win User

BSOD boot loop. Need help diagnosing hardware issues. DMP files attach

BSOD Help

Just wondering if someone could tell me why I got this BSOD not too long ago, I have attached the dmp. file. *Smile BSOD boot loop. Need help diagnosing hardware issues. DMP files attach :)

Techtu, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

BSOD boot loop. Need help diagnosing hardware issues. DMP files attach

1. BSOD boot loop. Need help diagnosing hardware issues. DMP files attach - Similar Threads - BSOD boot loop

2. Need some help with BSOD/DMP files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need some help with BSOD/DMP files: Hello, I have been dealing with various BSOD for a few months now and I finally decided to try a clean install of windows. Unfortunately, I kept getting the error "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart...
  3. BSOD need help diagnosing

BSOD need help diagnosing: HI,my computer has been having bsod problems with the stop code of: WHEA Uncorrectable Error while i play gamesive made sure my drivers are all updated, made sure all of my hardware is seated and it still continues to crashmy mini dump shows 2 files as the...
  4. Need Help. to diagnose this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help. to diagnose this issue: Good day,May I ask what programs I can use to diagnose this issue I encountered? Yesterday when I was exporting my edited photos in Lightroom. it suddenly shut down my PC and then reboot. but after I log in on Windows logon it shutdown again my PC then almost 2 to 3x repeat...
  5. Need Help. to diagnose this issue

Need Help. to diagnose this issue: Good day,May I ask what programs I can use to diagnose this issue I encountered? Yesterday when I was exporting my edited photos in Lightroom. it suddenly shut down my PC and then reboot. but after I log in on Windows logon it shutdown again my PC then almost 2 to 3x repeat...
  6. Hardware Crash DMP File attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Crash DMP File attached: I'm a bit new to analyzing dmp files. Is there anyone willing to let me know why the BSOD appeared? Any hint is appreciated. I think it might be a GenuineIntel.sys driver issue, I'm not sure. DMP File...
  7. Hardware Crash DMP File attached

Hardware Crash DMP File attached: I'm a bit new to analyzing dmp files. Is there anyone willing to let me know why the BSOD appeared? Any hint is appreciated. I think it might be a GenuineIntel.sys driver issue, I'm not sure. DMP File...
  8. BSOD - need help diagnosing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - need help diagnosing: Hi, as explained I need some help diagnosing a BSOD.The issues occur usually once or twice a day, more often when I'm in the process of closing an application usually a game.I've done all windows updates and driver updates I can, I've also upgraded from Win10 to Win11 after a...
  9. BSOD issues, need help! dump files attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD issues, need help! dump files attached: Hello, I have been getting alot of BSODs lately when doing simple tasks like watching youtube or browsing reddit. It even happened when I was working on coursework. I'm not sure how to fix it having run the sfc scans and DISM command nothing seemed wrong, so I was hoping to...
  10. BSOD with DMP files attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with DMP files attached: Hello, I was hoping someone can look at my DMP files and analyze what is causing my computer to crash. I'm am not exactly sure I need to provide more details, because I believe the DMP files are all that is necessarily. The crashes have occurred lately while I was importing...