Windows 10: BSOD boot loop "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

Discus and support BSOD boot loop "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After upgrading to the latest driver for my graphics card (RX 580) I started getting BSOD's so I installed the latest stable driver and now I'm still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/backawhile92, Jan 8, 2021.

1. BSOD boot loop "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

After upgrading to the latest driver for my graphics card (RX 580) I started getting BSOD's so I installed the latest stable driver and now I'm still getting BSOD's in a boot loop (whenever I boot up to windows it waits a second then crashes). The error is "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED".

I've tried booting into safe mode then factory resetting the driver and reinstalling it, but I still end up in a boot loop.

I am using the following:

• MSI RX 580 8GB GPU
    • Ryzen 5 1600x CPU
    • 2x8GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz RAM
    • Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 mobo

Any help would be greatly appreciated, let me know if you need more info.

submitted by /u/backawhile92
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/backawhile92, Jan 8, 2021

2. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED boot loop.

But that is the real issue, I cannot access any advanced options menu.
    Also upon boot I sometimes see a text with something like "Applying automatic repair" and then there is a small circle of small circles doing a loop but it stops immediately after moving a millimeter and then I see the mentioned BSOD.

BorisTheAnimal, Jan 8, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED boot loop.

The usual causes for the system_thread_exception_not_handled crash are
    • Insufficient disk space,
    • Device driver,
    • Video card,
    • BIOS,
    • Hardware incompatibility,
    • Faulty system service,
    • Memory,
    • 3rd party remote control
    I have removed 1, because it is not valid for this.

What I would like to try is to boot into safe mode via the command prompt in the advanced troubleshooting options, you need to open msconfig via the command
    Code:
    Code:
    start msconfig
    and from there go to the boot tab to enable safe mode.
    This is a simple workaround for safe mode, but it usually works BSOD boot loop "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" :)

If this works, then we can almost for sure assume a system service or driver is causing the problem.

axe0, Jan 8, 2021
  4. BSOD boot loop "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello Ethan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on your system. We will certainly help you.

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM, video card problem
    and BIOS.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

We suggest you to kindly follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue and the result of troubleshooting. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

BSOD boot loop "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

1. BSOD boot loop "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" - Similar Threads - BSOD boot loop

2. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi.I own a dell g5 SE. Yesterday, I downloaded three new updates from the dell update app. Successfully installed two, and the one remaining update was AMD Radeon graphics driver update. During the installation of this update, my laptop bluescreened, with the stopcode:...
  3. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi.I own a dell g5 SE. Yesterday, I downloaded three new updates from the dell update app. Successfully installed two, and the one remaining update was AMD Radeon graphics driver update. During the installation of this update, my laptop bluescreened, with the stopcode:...
  4. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSoD while booting with error code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD while booting with error code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Im facing a problem with my Windows. Lately I had blue screens with error code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE like once a day. Yesterday I updated graphic card drivers and since than I constantly get blue screen with error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED when Im trying to...
  6. Stuck in System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled loop

Stuck in System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled loop: Today when I turned on my laptop and logged in, I noticed that it was running very slow, so I checked Task Manager and saw that “System Interupt” was using 99.5% of my cpu. After about 20 seconds the computer bluescreened. Error code was “System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled....
  7. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Windows 10 boot loop

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Windows 10 boot loop: 2009/2010 Acer Aspire 5738DZG Intel Pentium T4400 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 15.6" screen Windows 10 x64 When the laptop is turned on, a BSOD appears with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. It automatically restarts after around 5 seconds. F8 does nothing....
  8. BSOD immediately after booting, System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

BSOD immediately after booting, System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled: Hi, So this is the 4th time my PC has crashed because of the same file in the past 2 years. The file that is constantly causing the BSOD is rtsuvc.sys which is the Lenovo EasyCamera driver, ie Webcam driver. Error: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled File: rtsuvc.sys...
  9. BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode.

BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode.: Hi, I'm getting a BSOD with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED every time I try to boot. I even get this BSOD when trying to get into safe mode. There's no sys file specified. OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 (10.0.10586) Attachment 56647 I can get to it the command prompt...
  10. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED boot loop.

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED boot loop.: Hi, this is a costumer computer where Windows 10 crashed and is now in a boot loop, the costumer wants me to roll back to Windows 8, the problem is that I cannot boot into W10, the furthest I've gotten is to the W10 boot logo and then the BSOD hits. I've tried doing...