Windows 10: BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /...

Discus and support BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Upon trying to play a video (ts. recording if it matters) with MPC Classic, the message: "DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE" appeared.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hexagon13, Apr 8, 2021.

1. BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /...

Upon trying to play a video (ts. recording if it matters) with MPC Classic, the message: "DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE" appeared. On the next boot/ever since, I am stuck in a bsod/bootloop with the "Critical service failed" code and all known remedies including automatic repair and every possible advanced startup setting such as "disable driver signature enforcement" , safe mode etc. seems to fail. This happens for the third time within this computer's first year (always same circumstances which also prolly signals that this isn't a hardware issue, hopefully!) and this time system restore also fails (the only solution that did the trick previously), and I'd really REALLY prefer not having to format/reset Windows once again. But even if I do that, I need to find the cause of the issue so it doesn't happen again. My guess is that sometimes MPC Classic encounters a problem with a .ts video file which somehow seems to corrupt Direct X and/or Nvidia Video Driver, creating the bootloop. I could be wrong of course.

I've got access in the recovery cmd and I've also made a Hiren bootable rescue flash drive so I've also got access to my hard disks and some basic tools. Also tried opening a command prompt during my Hiren boot to test some suggested fixes found online:

x:\Windows\system32> c: C:\DISM /Online /Get-Drivers and/or C:\DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

result in:

Error: 50 DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option C:\>SFC /scannow

results in:

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

If my assumption is correct, maybe if I was able to somehow uninstall and/or reinstall Nvidia driver and/or Direct X via the Hiren Boot or Windows Recovery cmd line would do the trick? Or if I am wrong, is there anything else I can do to repair the problem and not have to reset/reinstall Windows?

If anyone has an idea how to solve or even troubleshoot this one, (not sure how I could use EventViewer since I can't even boot in Windows ) I'd be more than greateful. Thanks a lot.

Windows 10 1909

Ryzen 3900x

MSI Nvidia 1660 Super

32 GB Corsair Ballistix GB

submitted by /u/Hexagon13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hexagon13, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 8, 2021
  3. No Video Playback

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause video clips not to play on Xbox App.
    It is possible that your video card drivers are not updated. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Are you able to play videos using other applications on your PC?
    • Have you tried to check if offline videos are playing on your PC?
    • Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

In the meantime, you may perform the suggested steps under Troubleshooting video or display problems
    on this
    link
    to resolve the issue.

If you need further assistance, you may reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Vlaphor Win User

BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /...

Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos

Actually, I just tried playing a 3gb video file with all three (MPC, VLC, WMC) and all three went down.

All in kind of the same way as well. The audio kept playing, but the video froze up.

and the issues usually pop up when I'm leaving fullscreen video

Vlaphor, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /...

1. BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /... - Similar Threads - BSOD Bootloop playing

2. 'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt': Hello-I've been getting the above alert. Sometimes 'Refreshing' the browser helps, but more and more whatever live-stream I'm watching or listening to totally stops. It just freezes and no other pinned tabs will open or it will take up to a minute or more for one tab to open....
  3. 'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt': Hello-I've been getting the above alert. Sometimes 'Refreshing' the browser helps, but more and more whatever live-stream I'm watching or listening to totally stops. It just freezes and no other pinned tabs will open or it will take up to a minute or more for one tab to open....
  4. Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic.(Corrupt driver/DX9?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic.(Corrupt driver/DX9?): Upon trying to play a video (ts. recording if it matters) with MPC Classic, the message: "DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE" appeared. On the next boot/ever since, I am stuck in a bsod/bootloop with the "Critical service failed" code and all known remedies...
  5. Resume video MPC-HC

Resume video MPC-HC: Hi, i know vlc player continues video playback from where i stopped it, can mpc-hc do the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-video-mpc-hc/e9d4460c-6a6a-42c8-acd9-f75efe95c932
  6. BSOD THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER after long playing video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER after long playing video: DMP file & Sysinfo https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlSxKQnxleTvhzNue8rp-66kZ9_l?e=wVea8g https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-thread-stuck-in-device-driver-after-long/3565fb6b-3dc7-4d85-9828-226933910982
  7. Is it possible to play a video in the Windows 10 lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to play a video in the Windows 10 lockscreen?: I mean with the Wallpaper engine, can you play a video in the background, but is it also possible in the lockscreen? Ist es möglich im Windows 10 lockscreen ein Video abspielen zu lassen?
  8. MPC and other videos players, Sound no voice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MPC and other videos players, Sound no voice: Last night I was watching a show, it was fine, sound was fine. Today I go play the same show to finish it, and I get the sound of the background just fine, but I get no voice sound. I've tried checking in MPC the audio track and there is just one: English. I am at a loss why...
  9. Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos

Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos: After I upgraded to Win 10 from 7, I started getting this bizarre issue when video files would crash in both VLC and MPC, but not Windows Media Player. The larger the video, the more guaranteed the crash. I've reinstalled MPC, VLC, and Windows 10, but the issue still remains....
  10. Video playing on Lock screen - possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playing on Lock screen - possible?: Anyone know if its possible to have the Lock screen play a video....? Many thanks 40035