Windows 10: BSOD browsing on chrome - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (igdkmd64.sys)

Discus and support BSOD browsing on chrome - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (igdkmd64.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all. I had a previous problem which was different to this current one that just occurred, before it wouldn't boot sometimes or able to wake from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ttrance7, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ttrance7 Win User

BSOD browsing on chrome - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (igdkmd64.sys)

Hi all. I had a previous problem which was different to this current one that just occurred, before it wouldn't boot sometimes or able to wake from sleep and get BSODs, my laptop has been working for last few months after a complete clean re-install of Windows 10 but now i just got another dreaded BSOD.

I took a photo but i think it's too big too attach here, i tried but it didnt work. I am looking at the photo now and this is what the screen info said:

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. Just collecting some info.....etc..."

Stop Code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    What failed: igdkmd64.sys

Below attached is the zipped log-file using the dm log collector application.

Would really appreciate some help. Like i said, some months earlier i had alot of problems, i completely re-installed Windows 10 clean and if hasn't had any problems for a few months until just now. I was only browsing on a forum website that i browse alot on when the BSOD occurred.

Thanks again,

Michael.

P.S. My current NVIDIA driver version is 369.09 and i just opened the NVIDIA control panel & it says an update is available (version 373.06). If you do advise that i update the driver, what is the best and cleanest way to avoid any more troubles/conflicts? Do i just go ahead and download & install the new version? Do i need to first un-install current one? What is the best & cleanest way IF i should indeed update my NVIDIA dedicated driver.

Thanks again.

:)

ttrance7, Oct 6, 2016
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User

dpc watchdog violation BSOD while browsing YouTube on Chrome.

ffffb680`6070eb78 fffff80f`1c21d05e*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys

igdkmd64+0x10d05e

Caused by Intel Graphics driver. Uninstall it and reinstall the driver linked below.

Intel VGA Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook.

Products :: laptops and netbooks :: ideapad y series laptops :: y700 15isk :: downloads :: ds105100 contentdetail

XP ROCKS., Oct 6, 2016
  3. BSOD - System service Exception on shut down and GPU crashes

Ive just done this, hopefully it works. Now on the memorydump are there any errors regarding the BSOD igdkmd64.sys?

Sheittanis, Oct 6, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi ttrance7,

I would to suggest to reinstall the following drivers
    • Intel chipset
    • Atheros wireless LAN

axe0, Oct 6, 2016
  5. ttrance7 Win User
    Thanks very much axe for the reply. I'm thinking of waiting to see if the KMODE EXCEPTION BSOD happens again. I turned off/un-checked "Turn on fast startup" in power options, even though it says (recommended) in brackets to leave it checked on, read that might help.

To re-install both those drivers you suggested, do i just un-install them both from device manager? With the 1st one "Intel Chipset" are you talking about the "Intel HD Graphics 530 Adaptor" that's in Display Adaptors? Under Network Adaptors i currently have "Killer e2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller" & "Killer Wireless n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adaptor". So i'm to uninstall the 2nd Killer Wireless 1535 Adaptor and the reinstall it again?

ttrance7, Oct 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    There usually is no requirement to first uninstall.

axe0, Oct 7, 2016
  7. ttrance7 Win User
    So you are saying i don't need to re-install the drivers through Device Manager? Just from Acer website?

Also with the "Intel Chipset" driver you mentioned to re-install, i assume you mean the intel drivers for the motherboard under "System Devices" and not the intel graphics driver under "Display Adaptors"? I checked the intel drivers in System Devices and i have the same version number as the Acer website.

ttrance7, Oct 7, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

- Device manager rarely does update drivers, don't attempt to update drivers through device manager
    - Intel chipset is not Intel display adapter,

No, a chipset is not a display adapter.

What you need to do,
    - Ignore device manager
    - Go to Acer support page
    - Download the chipset and wifi drivers
    - Install the drivers
    - See if it resolves the issue

axe0, Oct 7, 2016
  9. ttrance7 Win User
    Ok, thank you Axe0. I already have the same wi-fi drivers and chipset drivers that are on the Acer site currently on my laptop.

ttrance7, Oct 7, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    That is why I suggested a reinstall in post #2

11. ttrance7 Win User
    *Thumbs

ttrance7, Oct 7, 2016
  12. ttrance7 Win User
    So just downloading the driver/files in the zip folder and installing from the setup files from each driver folder will just overide the current drivers and cause no problems?

ttrance7, Oct 7, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Correct, but you'll probably be asked for a reboot to complete the process as some drivers cannot be overwritten without a reboot.

To update the current list of what to do:
    - Ignore device manager
    - Go to Acer support page
    - Download the chipset and wifi drivers
    - Install the drivers
    - Reboot the system, even when not requested after installing the drivers
    - See if it resolves the issue

14. ttrance7 Win User
    Thanks Axe0....Appreciate your help very much. Have a nice day...*Smile

Forgot to ask really quick. The system file "igdkmd64.sys" which is the file that failed causing the stop code "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" relates to Intel's integrated graphics driver & not the Intel's chipset drivers according to alot of google posts? Is that right? Sorry again, just asking to clarify. Thanks for all your help, it much appreicated.

ttrance7, Oct 7, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    Igdkmd64.sys is the Intel graphics driver.

To clarify the situation more, BSODs can have various of causes. Sometimes the cause is mentioned in the BSOD, however it also happens that what is mentioned on the screen may not be the root cause. Say for example a driver is saving data in memory unknowing that the memory is bad, when the driver is accessing the memory again and attempts to use the data a BSOD occurs. The situation would be that the driver is marked as the cause, because of its attempt to use the bad data.

What the BSOD shows may not be the root cause, to find the root cause analysis is required. Through analysis I found the wifi and chipset drivers causing issues which is why I suggested a reinstall.

Thema:

1. BSOD browsing on chrome - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (igdkmd64.sys) - Similar Threads - BSOD browsing chrome

2. Kmode exception not handled BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kmode exception not handled BSOD: I recently got this error when I booted up my laptop and when I rebooted it just went back to the BSOD.Any suggestions on what I can do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kmode-exception-not-handled-bsod/7612e6ab-bbf0-4684-85da-5b89fc36d62f
  3. KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BSOD: Hi,After update to 20H2 I'm getting BSOD with the error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED in random intervals. Drivers seems to be ok and there's no errors or any other failure message.Windows versionEdición Windows 10 ProVersión 20H2Instalado el ‎03/‎05/‎2021Compilación del...
  4. System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys)

System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys): (Note: I have been updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10). I have installed Windows 10 on a laptop and two PC’s All went well but today (3 days later) my main PC when switch this morning on gave me the following. (Fig1) System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys) I...
  5. KMODE/SYSTEM EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED- igdk64md64.sys

KMODE/SYSTEM EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED- igdk64md64.sys: I've been having BSOD problems for a little while and the cause is always igdkmd64.sys My laptop is an Acer Predator 17 inch running Windows 10x64 I attached the W7F zipped folder. Thank you for your help.
  6. Kmode exception not handled - BSOD

Kmode exception not handled - BSOD: Hello, I hope I am doing this correctly I read over on Reddit I might be able to get help solve why I am all of a sudden getting repeat BSOD with KMODE exception not handled, I have tried updating all drivers and even went as far as to do a fresh install. I have never had...
  7. BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Newly updated to Windows 10 Pro and now getting BSOD KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. System in rebooting shortly after starting up. Any help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kmode-exception-not-handled/216bbe33-e5b0-4579-a2ab-a504abb6b632
  8. Kmode exception not handled BSOD

Kmode exception not handled BSOD: Hi, I've been receiving multiple BSODs since recently upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I've tried running sfc /scannow and have updated all the drivers I could find but nothing has worked so far. Have attached the V2 Log, any help would be much appreciated. 161151
  9. KMODE Exception not handle BSOD

KMODE Exception not handle BSOD: So my laptop just experienced BSOD KMODE_Exception_not_handle. I just replaced my old HDD. My old HDD's status was "caution", it had something to do with reallocated sectors count, and I searched it up online then read that it cannot be fixed, replacement of HDD was the only...
  10. BSOD kmode exception not handle while idle or browsing/playing

BSOD kmode exception not handle while idle or browsing/playing: It starts happen since yesterday and it happened twice today, when i checked BlueScreenViewer it showed me tcpip.sys that caused the problem twice and e1i63x64.sys once, can you help me figure out how to fix this problem? To add to that, i just upgraded my PC with a 1050Ti...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome kmode exception

2. kmode exception not handled windows 10 chrome