Windows 10: BSOD browsing the internet - IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE

Discus and support BSOD browsing the internet - IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I've updated to Windows 10 in September but have been struggling with BSODs when browsing the web. Most commonly I will be watching a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KrisB, Oct 25, 2015.

1. KrisB Win User

BSOD browsing the internet - IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE

Hello all,

I've updated to Windows 10 in September but have been struggling with BSODs when browsing the web. Most commonly I will be watching a youtube video when it occurs but it's not always the case.

It is always an IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE message displayed on the blue screen.

Some actions I've taken but made no difference:
    Stopped using Chrome and replaced with FireFox
    Restored Win10 wiping everything and starting again

I've tried to find an updated wireless network adapter driver since its from 2011 but don't seem to be able to find one.

I've included the debug file as per the forum instructions and hoping you can offer some guidance to problem.

Cheers

Kris

:)

KrisB, Oct 25, 2015

2. BSOD IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Please provide us the following information to help you better:

1) When are you getting this error?

2) Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

Please try installing all the latest Windows Updates and check if it helps or not. As per your issue, I would suggest you to check your network adapters from
    Device Manager:

• Open Device Manager by pressing
      Windows key + X
      , click on Control Panel; select
      System and Maintenance
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate Network Adapters and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on
      Update Driver
      . And follow the instructions.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us with the required information to help you better.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Oct 25, 2015
  3. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD

Happy to help & good luck

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi KrisB,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please check your manufacturer, Alienware, for driver updates.
    Please check your software for updates.

The cause of the crashes is your Killer network driver
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Ak27x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Ak27x64.sys 0: kd> lmvm Ak27x64 start end module name fffff801`17330000 fffff801`175d2000 Ak27x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Ak27x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Ak27x64.sys Image name: Ak27x64.sys Timestamp: Wed Dec 07 18:13:57 2011 (4EDF9ED5) CheckSum: 002AB75A ImageSize: 002A2000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. KrisB Win User
    Thanks for taking the time to look. I had another look at Dell/Alienware but they've really washed their hands of it.

I went to the Bigfoot killer address and downloaded their "Killer Network Manager" which supports later adapters but still installed. I've checked and it appears to have updated the driver from 2011 to 2015 so it might be unsupported but at least updated.

I've had no crashes this afternoon, I'll keep an eye over it today/tomorrow and flag as solved thereafter.

KrisB, Oct 25, 2015
  6. KrisB Win User
    Still no crashes a day later despite heavy usage. I believe this has solved the problem - thanks for the help.

KrisB, Oct 26, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    *Thumbs

Glad to hear

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD browsing the internet - IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE - Similar Threads - BSOD browsing internet

2. BSOD during games or internet browsing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during games or internet browsing.: Hey, I have been getting some random BSOD for the last 5 days and have failed to fix it. These are the errors I have been getting. - system_service_exception (netio.sys) - system_service_exception - faulty_hardware_corrupted_page - memory_management The last 3 ones were...
  3. Irql_unexpected_value

Irql_unexpected_value: so i have since downloaded and installed the zip file to run command prompt that records the system info, on the desktop i am currently working on. before in tried to reinstall a fresh O/S I TURNED on the system as normal put in the users password and it did nothing from...
  4. Random BSOD while browsing internet

Random BSOD while browsing internet: HI i am having this random BSOD while just browsing internet and while playing some games. Most of the time it seems that ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys is causing the BSOD when i checked with BlueScreenView. bug check string Bad_Pool_Header and Bad_Pool_Caller. Seems...
  5. BSOD IRQL unexpected value when browsing web.

BSOD IRQL unexpected value when browsing web.: So while I am browsing the internet, playing a game or watching a movie my computer will randomly blue screen saying IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE. Any help would be appreciated. 25646
  6. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD Win 10

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE BSOD Win 10: Recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, using the free code/install thing that Microsoft offered. I've been occasionally getting this BSOD under IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE, and BlueScreenView says the problem is nwifi.sys Also there was one or two under...
  7. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE surfing with FireFox

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE surfing with FireFox: Since a week or two before the creators update, but 9 months since I first built the machine, I started to get a BSOD IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE when general surfing with FireFox. Using Chrome I haven't yet experienced the issue. I refreshed Firefox but that did not help. I have...
  8. Bsod (irql_unexpected_value)

Bsod (irql_unexpected_value): Hello, I've recently been getting IRQL_unexpected_value a lot. I've used things like BlueScreenView to see what is causing it and it has those things highlighted in red: ndis.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, nwifi.sys, and tcpip.sys. I was wondering how to stop my bluescreens on my...
  9. IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE - BSOD trying to start Connectify Hotspot

IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE - BSOD trying to start Connectify Hotspot: Hello, I had been getting several BSODs over the past few months that were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and having to do with Netwbw02.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. These BSODS only seemed to occur on spotty Wi-Fi connections, and not Ethernet connections. Today I updated both...
  10. BSOD IRQL_Unexpected_Value( IRQL and Webpage)

BSOD IRQL_Unexpected_Value( IRQL and Webpage): Hi, at this time im not really asking for the answer to the BSOD, i think it may be my video driver out of date. I will update it and then if i still get the BSOD ill get back to you. However my question is what does a webpage have to do with the BSOD. I can access any...