Windows 10: [BSoD] BSoD happened when upgrade from TH2 to RS4

Discus and support [BSoD] BSoD happened when upgrade from TH2 to RS4 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Our software contains optical drive driver, recently, we found that it may cause BSoD when upgrade OS from TH2 to RS4. it shows that the driver file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by H_TENG, Sep 20, 2018.

1. H_TENG Win User

[BSoD] BSoD happened when upgrade from TH2 to RS4

Our software contains optical drive driver, recently, we found that it may cause BSoD when upgrade OS from TH2 to RS4. it shows that the driver file is corrupted.

We have two version driver, the two driver does not have any code difference, the only difference is one is passing the Windows HLK of RTM and one is passing the Windows HLK of RS3. now the RTM one have this issue while the RS3 one does not.

And this issue is not 100% reproduced, any idea about this?

:)

H_TENG, Sep 20, 2018
  2. cplpro Win User

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile [BSoD] BSoD happened when upgrade from TH2 to RS4 :)

cplpro, Sep 20, 2018
  3. bbmarley Win User
    BSOD randomly

friend keeps getting BSOD
    any suggestions?

[BSoD] BSoD happened when upgrade from TH2 to RS4 2e3s7lz.png

bbmarley, Sep 20, 2018
  4. [BSoD] BSoD happened when upgrade from TH2 to RS4

Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

[BSoD] BSoD happened when upgrade from TH2 to RS4

1. [BSoD] BSoD happened when upgrade from TH2 to RS4 - Similar Threads - BSoD BSoD happened

2. BSOD happens from desktop when machine idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD happens from desktop when machine idle.: If I'm using my PC, even with high-demand games, it works fine. If I leave it on the desktop and do nothing I get recurrent BSODs - sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes within an hour - the computer then re-starts and usually within 10-15 mins it BSODs again even if I...
  3. BSOD happens from desktop when machine idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD happens from desktop when machine idle.: If I'm using my PC, even with high-demand games, it works fine. If I leave it on the desktop and do nothing I get recurrent BSODs - sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes within an hour - the computer then re-starts and usually within 10-15 mins it BSODs again even if I...
  4. BSOD happens from desktop when machine idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keep getting this BSOD from time to time. When it happens the BSOD shows nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting this BSOD from time to time. When it happens the BSOD shows nvlddmkm.sys: Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 1000007eParameter 1: ffffffffc0000005Parameter 2: fffff80453517a7dParameter 3: ffffa18a89cc6e78Parameter 4: ffffa18a89cc6690OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 2057The latest...
  6. Keep getting this BSOD from time to time. When it happens the BSOD shows nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting this BSOD from time to time. When it happens the BSOD shows nvlddmkm.sys: Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 1000007eParameter 1: ffffffffc0000005Parameter 2: fffff80453517a7dParameter 3: ffffa18a89cc6e78Parameter 4: ffffa18a89cc6690OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 2057The latest...
  7. Randomly BSOD, not happening when gaming

Randomly BSOD, not happening when gaming: Hello,I'm getting randomly BSOD while computer is idle or mostly while watching youtube videos. This is not happening while gaming. Also if I run some game in background and then watch youtube video, crash won't happen as well.Any ideas? Asus B350 STRIX, updated last chipset...
  8. BSOD happening when computer is Idle.

BSOD happening when computer is Idle.: Hello, my computer works perfectly fine when it is on, even playing heavy games, everything is all right. The problem arises when it is Idle. It is not everyday, but every 5-10d when I set the computer to idle and go to sleep; The next day, when I wake up and turn the...
  9. Upgrade RS3 to RS4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade RS3 to RS4: Dear All, What is the difference between RS3 and RS4 on Windows 10? What changes have occurred from RS3 to RS4? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/upgrade-rs3-to-rs4/8dcc8bad-3792-4f2d-8576-265318aeaeca
  10. BSOD only happening when gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD only happening when gaming: As in the title. I frequently get bluescreen while gaming every 2-5 hours or so. It says either "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" or "MEMORY_MANAGMENT". The dump file is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnTADmJrCL1Tg0SkhhW3l5u-HcfU .Help would be highly appreciated Thanks a lot Chris...